Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
ok i have run into a problem the engine wont fit? wtf is it the motor mounts or what. i am going to go look now and look for myself.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
It could be the mounts- Are the ones bolted to the motor round or square?
You want square. AND- as mentioned above- If the motor is out of a Cressida- they used a different oil pan, IIRC. Do you still have the old motor?

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
yeah, the motor mounts and cross member switched to a different style in late 89, but all you have to do is switch out the mounts for your old ones and you're good to go..

same with the rear/mid mounted oil pan..

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
supraguy@aol;1503624 said:
It could be the mounts- Are the ones bolted to the motor round or square?
You want square. AND- as mentioned above- If the motor is out of a Cressida- they used a different oil pan, IIRC. Do you still have the old motor?

thiss... the oil pan does not fit, its a front sump i believe? i do have to old one will it fit?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
RazoE;1503687 said:
yeah, the motor mounts and cross member switched to a different style in late 89, but all you have to do is switch out the mounts for your old ones and you're good to go..

same with the rear/mid mounted oil pan..

will my old pan work for it?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
The engine sitting in the freshly painted bay, need to swap the sump from the old engine as well as the pump so it can fit, as you can see from the pic its tilted.
p1503941_1.jpg

dasalvykidd

Sep 1, 2009
516 Long Island
nice car lol
same shit happen to me when i bought my na lol they engine blew in like a month and i had no car for like 3 months
jus bought a jdm 7mge and its good for now lol
going turbo soon but im taking my time with it

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Just swap the oil pan from your oil engine and it will work. You will need to change the pick up as well because the sump will be toward the back now.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
dasalvykidd;1505805 said:
nice car lol
same shit happen to me when i bought my na lol they engine blew in like a month and i had no car for like 3 months
jus bought a jdm 7mge and its good for now lol
going turbo soon but im taking my time with it

>< nice ill eventually think about switching to turbo as well but thats later on maybe next year.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
IBoughtASupra;1505934 said:
Just swap the oil pan from your oil engine and it will work. You will need to change the pick up as well because the sump will be toward the back now.

ty this is what im currently doing.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Old engine was definitely didn't go with the car, but that tan and bronze color scheme, that is sex on wheels! I love it!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
SupraMario;1508074 said:
Old engine was definitely didn't go with the car, but that tan and bronze color scheme, that is sex on wheels! I love it!

:D soo the car is finally running but the mechanic left the clutch fan and took out the dual electric fans, hes going to keep working on it and see if everything is ok will update with pics :D