Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
A lot of the plugs look similar, need a better picture up close. Did he leave those plugs off the harness? How many pins do each of them have?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
yeah they were in the bottom of the box, one had i believe 3 and the other one had 4. Ill confirm tomorrow with better pics or find out from tweak if i get a chance to call.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
went to the junkyard and struck gold! Inside of a 90 supra, there were boxes full of parts! Literally two complete grey interiors and in one box.... mint jza70 2.5 molding! My friend found them so he took them :<, but i later found another box with the rest of the moulding and i got to keep the bubble side markers!

The molding still had a price tag that said $155 for a 10 pc set, im guessing thats what the owner of the supra paid for. In the end i spent $10 on an 89+ climate control, jdm bubble side markers, and window molding and clips. While my buddy spent $25 for a complete set of jza70 2.5TT R moulding! Good day at the junkyard indeed :p.

Edit: I also got my downpipe from driftmotion and it looks really good, as well as redline mt fluid! As always im very satisfied with Driftmotion!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Installed the clutch today, but here are some pics of the stuff i got from before.. Ill get pics of progress tomorrow :)

Driftmotion downpipe

p1794793_1.jpg

p1794793_2.jpg

p1794793_3.jpg

Junkyard parts

p1794793_4.jpg

Last edited:

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Its more of the hks purple, but the quality is crap. I think it looks okay, and originally i was planning on painting the engine bay black. But i think for now im just gonna wire tuck, and then save up for a single setup and when i do that i will most likely pull the engine again to send out my r154 to be rebuilt, paint the bay, and start doing cosmetics.

Tbh i was gonna either do black or polish it. Someone on the supraforums has a clean black/chrome/purple engine bay that looks nice, but im not sure if im going to go that route..

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
rodel;1795728 said:
For better results when painting a manifold...the manifold has to be polished first.

I will go one step further. You can polish a stock manifold but the casting lines will make it look ugly so that is why they are sanded smooth first. I had my valve covers polished and I plan to have them powdercoated. It makes the coating look smoother. Ever seen a turbo exhaust housing coated, it looks kind of rough, it's the same reason.

I am with Rodel here, the polishing or at least sanding it smooth with stages up to 1500 will yield super nice results. Polishing is nice but keep in mind, the up keep is what keeps it looking good.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
IBoughtASupra;1795734 said:
I will go one step further. You can polish a stock manifold but the casting lines will make it look ugly so that is why they are sanded smooth first. I had my valve covers polished and I plan to have them powdercoated. It makes the coating look smoother. Ever seen a turbo exhaust housing coated, it looks kind of rough, it's the same reason.

I am with Rodel here, the polishing or at least sanding it smooth with stages up to 1500 will yield super nice results. Polishing is nice but keep in mind, the up keep is what keeps it looking good.

That's what I meant..polish the manifold smooth to remove the casting marks.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
meant quality of the camera lol :<, but yeah for now i just want to get the car running. Get my wheels, install my wing, sunshade, and just ride out the stock twins until they blow or until late december of this year or next year not sure.....which ever comes first lol, then upgrade to a nice single turbo w/ rebuilt r154. i eventually want 500-600rwhp out of that setup:evil2:

Edit: Actually its pretty off of the hks purple... and does indeed look like a blue o.0.. oh well it will only be temporary.

Also im going to be dropping the engine in on saturday, and my brand new denso tt fuel pump which i scored for 100 shipped should be here tomorow ;)

Last edited: