Xzeror's Clean 86.5 Progress

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
My Supra is also brown metallic. At first, I wanted to change the color. After seeing your car however, I have a good reason as to why I should keep the color the way it is. I love the look of your car!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
k20maniac;1821682 said:
hey bud, any updates on the build??

Yeahh, didnt think anyone would bump haha. Installed new fuel pump, mounted ps, ac lines, and throttle cable. I ran the harness through the dash. Just need intercooler piping, get a new tps, figure out where 2 plugs from my harness go and i should be good to go.

tmsperformance;1821697 said:
nice car I wish I had your interior. I got the maroon lol.

Thanks :), the interior kinda grew on me. At first i wanted to dye everything black but ive since changed my mind.

MkIII FTW;1821741 said:
My Supra is also brown metallic. At first, I wanted to change the color. After seeing your car however, I have a good reason as to why I should keep the color the way it is. I love the look of your car!

Haha, i felt the same way when i first got my car too. Brown deff wasnt my top choice for color, but i love it now. Thanks!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Updates: Ordered a new tps, and efi noise filter from toyota. Ordered hks adjustable wrenches and the adjusting tool. Also had to order a 4 pin o2 sensor since mine was only 3 pin and wouldnt work with the plug that came with my harness.

Today I will install the exhaust, go buy some intercooler piping and couplers, and get a price quote on reupholstering my front seats.

To do: 12v mod the mkiv denso pump, install short shifter, order wheels and tires, START HER UP.

Actually getting closer to finishing this swap :D

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
IT FUCKING LIVES. Bolted only the downpipe just to try and start it up and sure enough she fired right up. Just a few noticable problems. The Rpm, and temp gauge was not working. The oil pressure gauge went straight to 120 with just the ignition in. Volt was the only thing working. ( The whole dash was not put together just wired in the cluster thats all, not sure if that explains why the other gauges wernt working)

Still need to weld the last bit of intercooler piping and then just sort out the bugs. It had a little lope not sure if thats normal.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Still cant figure out why the rpm gauge, temp, and oil pressure wont work. Is it normal for the twins to be a bit smokey? Or is that just a sign they are on the way out?

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
RPM gauge is from an NA car? You need one from a turbo or do the resistor mod.

Oil pressure needs the 7M pressure sensor and the wire for the signal should be the yellow/black on the dash harness.

Temp gauge, what you should do it ground the single wire connector by the water neck. If the gauge moves to the highest reading, it is working. If not, you'll have to trace a few wires to see if they are right. I assume it was working before.

Search on here for the resistor mod, you'll find it. That's another thing I have to add to the thread.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
You have to run the stock 7M oil psi sensor or you will have this issue. Temp sounds like a bad sensor all together, and was your Supra originally turbo or N/A? if it was N/A, you will either need a tach adapter, or a turbo cluster for your tach to work.

^ From Tweaked.

~ http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-1jzoilsenderadapterhose.php - will this work o.0?

This resistor mod for the tach? http://www.4cefed.com/conversion.html - http://www.4cefed.com/tech/natachchanges.jpg

as for the temp gauge, it was working before but it used to like move around when i moved the sensor on the 7m. Like when i would hit a bump it would move, and then when i moved it by hand same thing.

k20maniac

Feb 8, 2009
somewhere
xzeror;1828951 said:
You have to run the stock 7M oil psi sensor or you will have this issue. Temp sounds like a bad sensor all together, and was your Supra originally turbo or N/A? if it was N/A, you will either need a tach adapter, or a turbo cluster for your tach to work.

^ From Tweaked.

~ http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-1jzoilsenderadapterhose.php - will this work o.0?

This resistor mod for the tach? http://www.4cefed.com/conversion.html - http://www.4cefed.com/tech/natachchanges.jpg

as for the temp gauge, it was working before but it used to like move around when i moved the sensor on the 7m. Like when i would hit a bump it would move, and then when i moved it by hand same thing.

once again... all you have to do is run a wire from your igniter to the back of your dash, no resistor mod no nothing....

And it seems like the water temp plug is just loose, or you have some sort of bad contact on the wire itself.

Apr 4, 2005
Tucson, AZ
if tweak did your wiring all your gauges minus the tach(if N/A) should work mine did. you may need to use that adapter driftmotion uses for your 7M oil pressure sender. make sure all your connections are good

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
k20maniac;1829333 said:
once again... all you have to do is run a wire from your igniter to the back of your dash, no resistor mod no nothing....

And it seems like the water temp plug is just loose, or you have some sort of bad contact on the wire itself.

run a wire from where on the ignitor to where on the back of the dash

slowmedown;1829343 said:
if tweak did your wiring all your gauges minus the tach(if N/A) should work mine did. you may need to use that adapter driftmotion uses for your 7M oil pressure sender. make sure all your connections are good

i ordered one already. Where is the 2jz oil presure sender located?

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
having some fitment issues with either the aristo downpipe from driftmotion or the raptor racing exhuast not sure what it is :/

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
soooo... i took it out for a spin today, and I'm hooked... I love it, it was pretty amazing. Didnt step on it too hard, but man boost feels good... C:

Certified Jz Fan Boy :p