Supra + Faye = Love. My first build thread. (beware, picture heavy...)

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Looks rough but I've seen a lot worse get corrected successfully. It just takes time, dedication, and of course money just like everything else. I'm right there with you though, I get overly attached to vehicles and can't bear the thought of seeing them end up in a junk yard or get crushed after the service and memories they have provided me. I had an accident with my Supra awhile back and was considered a total loss by the insurance company. The damage looked worse than it really was so i ended up learning about body work and repairing it myself with a help of a friend that owned a body shop. I also just picked up a 95 Maxima from my sister (she's a car serial killer if you ask me) that was looking to send to the junker since she blew the tranny, head gasket, someone egged it, the body had several large dents, and just about every component of the suspension was gone. The car had been handed down to her from my parents and it was the car we used to get around in when i was growing up so i couldn't see it go out like that. I gave her what the junk yard was going to give her ($145) and since then dropped in a low mileage engine, got the tranny rebuilt, and repaired most of the suspension components on it and is now my daily driver. I will be upgrading the car lightly since its an automatic and i plan on keeping it as my daily.
Definitely looking forward to where this build takes you since I've been there a couple times myself.

On a side note: I like to use a word processor and then just copy and paste

SeeUSmile

Nov 22, 2012
Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
Waaah..... cant remember what thread you post the pic of your car after getting it detailed and thought wow very clean!

Then nek minute i was heartbroken what I saw next.

Believe and you'll recieve! Im sure you will get there!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Ouch :(
Personally I dislike cars with body damage/ body work since i'm no good at doing any of those. But I feel the passion you have for your car. There's only so much one can do when it comes to this kind of things. Make sure it's safe to drive at least. Keep the progress coming! Also, make sure your health is good too though

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Thank you for all of the amazing encouragement!! Sadly, I was supposed to straighten her yesterday, but then the guys decided last minute not to work on Sunday..... I totally get it...

Hopefully I will have more progress to post up on here soon.... I am itching to get behind the wheel of my Supra again!

On a more positive note, I have sorted through the quirks of the Rabbit. She's making a pretty fun, economical daily driver! I somehow managed to convince my boss to let me do the clutch on her at work on Friday.... (not on the clock of course!!) Turns out a bad input shaft seal was the cause of my woes. I was surprised - normally I am so good at replacing EVERY. SINGLE. LAST. STUPID. THING. when I have a car apart that much..... must not have though about that seal.... bye-bye practically new clutch... oh well.

Fun pictures just to stick something on my build thread!! :D

the inside of Broadway Toyota.....
p1980692_1.jpg

She got a lot of attention.... surprise surprise... I had more than a couple people comment on a particular part of my clutch job.... anyone got a guess??
Here's a hint:

p1980692_2.jpg

p1980692_3.jpg

Thursday is my next day off.... Hopefully they will let me stop on by then and set up that damn frame straightener... I am just dying to get my hands on that thing.....

Until then.....

Faye

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^hencho en mexico ..... ..... .....

its usually quite dark during clutch jobs in your defence, it functioned in that orientation?

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Dont want to get too far off topic from this fantastic character showing of a build we have here, but don't eat or shake hands with your left hand in India (you get really confused looks).

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
OKay.... I see you all give up. Toyotas have the flywheel bolted to the crank.... VWs have the flywheel on the trans side. Looking at the clutch "flywheel side" label... that would be installed backwards on a Toyota :D

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
olny thing that comes to my mind is tricking the stock ecu to know it's in park so you can start it

every thing els should be plug and play for the most part even if the slave hole isn't there you will have to cut a hole, the reinforced fire wall will have nice template to copy any way so you should be fine