Supra + Faye = Love. My first build thread. (beware, picture heavy...)

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Um...
You still don't know what happened to you? And you are unable to stand up?
You'd better go see your doctor, and make sure it's nothing serious.

luckyshay7

Jun 25, 2010
Washington
Insidious Surmiser;1979252 said:
now you're just being an asshole. no one said they're a perfect driver, ever, but somehow you just managed to type those very words. yes, I'm being an asshole too, but I said what I said.
Well seems like everyone is implying that they're the Stig and know everything and flaming on someone for making a mistake a few times as if it's against human nature not to make a mistake. She's fixing her damages and learned from the experience, that'a what you're supposed to do right?
And without knowing her back story and previous driving in competition, they judge.
I'm not being the asshole I'm disagreeing with the as holes

Anyway, Faye you're doing incredible. I'm proud to say I'll have a chip of your car on mine. I've always admired you for your skills and story. Can't wait to see her back at work all improved and what not.

Keep it up. Were all supporting you regardless

Oh BTW everyone was mad that you didn't go to the toy run ;)there was even a blue one like yours. You were there in spirit

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
luckyshay7;1979576 said:
Well seems like everyone is implying that they're the Stig and know everything and flaming on someone for making a mistake a few times as if it's against human nature not to make a mistake. She's fixing her damages and learned from the experience, that'a what you're supposed to do right?
And without knowing her back story and previous driving in competition, they judge.
I'm not being the asshole I'm disagreeing with the as holes

Anyway, Faye you're doing incredible. I'm proud to say I'll have a chip of your car on mine. I've always admired you for your skills and story. Can't wait to see her back at work all improved and what not.

Oh BTW everyone was mad that you didn't go to the toy run ;)there was even a blue one like yours. You were there in spirit

Well said.
Faye, you are an asset to the community and I intend to help with the rebuild if I can. Thank you.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You know Faye, I owe you an apology. After thinking about it Lord knows I can't throw the first stone. Back in my early 20's I was hell on wheels on public roads. I've even lost control of my car on a busy highway on the on ramp powershifting second gear and getting sideways all over the place. Luckily nobody hit me, or lost control trying to avoid me. There I said it. I too have done exactly the same thing as you, without the accidents. I had no idea about your driving experience and was quick to judge. Sorry.

Now that I'm much older I see street racing/speeding in a much different light. I think it's dangerous to those around you. With Discovery Channel glorifying street racing in their show "Street Outlaws", and Paul Walkers untimely death it's driving me crazy why people continue to take risk. Now I'm snapping at everybody who does it. Just be careful out there, and be considerate of others around you. Keep all that crazy driving out in the outskirts of town, or on a track.

BTW, I liked your first build. I'm actually looking forward to your second. You have some skill going on there.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I'm sorry to see that this happened Faye, Ill be watching this thread for updates. It was so pretty, the paint looked really good in that picture of it in the Toyota shop.

Suprapowaz!(2);1979593 said:
You know Faye, I owe you an apology. After thinking about it Lord knows I can't throw the first stone. Back in my early 20's I was hell on wheels on public roads. I've even lost control of my car on a busy highway on the on ramp powershifting second gear and getting sideways all over the place. Luckily nobody hit me, or lost control trying to avoid me. There I said it. I too have done exactly the same thing as you, without the accidents. I had no idea about your driving experience and was quick to judge. Sorry.

Now that I'm much older I see street racing/speeding in a much different light. I think it's dangerous to those around you. With Discovery Channel glorifying street racing in their show "Street Outlaws", and Paul Walkers untimely death it's driving me crazy why people continue to take risk. Now I'm snapping at everybody who does it. Just be careful out there, and be considerate of others around you. Keep all that crazy driving out in the outskirts of town, or on a track.

BTW, I liked your first build. I'm actually looking forward to your second. You have some skill going on there.

I'm with you. I can't believe that the Discovery Channel airs that show, it basically endorses street racing.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
It would be really nice if we could learn from mistakes made by, and advice given by, other people. However, human beings just aren't wired that way. We learn best by making the mistake ourselves. As long as you learn from the experience, and nobody was injured in the process, it's all good.

Oh, and much as I'd rather buy those wheels from you and get them fixed myself, I'll tell you now - a good wheel shop can fix that wheel. But if it's too much trouble, just let me know... /me waggles eyebrows...

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
supraguy@aol;1979394 said:
Um...
You still don't know what happened to you? And you are unable to stand up?
You'd better go see your doctor, and make sure it's nothing serious.

You know.... no clue at all what happened. So weird. Guessing like a 24 hour flu thing??

I managed to get up out of bed around noon on Sunday... and get myself to the shop a few miles down the street where my rabbit was. Managed to swap out that coolant flange, install the throttle cable, bleed the brakes, and fix a few little last-minute wiring things. Just enough to get the VW on the road. Of course, there were little hiccups... my rear calipers froze up for the first several miles of driving, the spring on the belt tensioner broke, and oh.... my clutch slips something fierce!! You'd think that I would have replaced it while the engine was out.... but no... it looked good, so I must have gotten it oil saturated somehow... still hoping its just something stupid that'll burn off, but I don't think so. Thankfully the boss gave me permission to swap it out at Toyota tomorrow.....

luckyshay7;1979576 said:
I'm not being the asshole I'm disagreeing with the assholes

Yeah, I am also sorry that I missed you guys D’: That would have been so fun!!! But I needed wheels…. Walking was getting to be QUITE the drag. That and bumming rides off my coworkers is laaaaame.

supranewbie;1979579 said:
Well said.
Faye, you are an asset to the community and I intend to help with the rebuild if I can. Thank you.

Craig, you’re a sweetheart, thank you. Looking forward to seeing you at another cars and coffee!! :D

Suprapowaz!(2);1979593 said:

Well thank you. ☺ I appreciate the comment!!

jdmfreak;1979618 said:
Fixxed it for ya villy:-*

true that. If you didn’t I would have.

GrimJack;1979713 said:
It would be really nice if we could learn from mistakes made by, and advice given by, other people. However, human beings just aren't wired that way. We learn best by making the mistake ourselves. As long as you learn from the experience, and nobody was injured in the process, it's all good.

Oh, and much as I'd rather buy those wheels from you and get them fixed myself, I'll tell you now - a good wheel shop can fix that wheel. But if it's too much trouble, just let me know... /me waggles eyebrows...

Right, if only I were able to process the experiences of others and make them my own experiences… But lord knows when someone tells me the fire’s hot…. I will touch it anyways. And boy, do I have the scars to prove it.

Don’t worry…. I am not giving up on the G7s that quickly ;) If my car is any proof of that…. I am stubborn as shit.

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Oh, how shitty I just wrote an epic post and then I was booted off somehow and lost it all...

:p

It's 12:30am on Friday the 13th and I have to be at work in 6 hours, so you get the abridged version!

Tuesday night, I called up jdmfreak and told him I was coming over to get some parts. I also got a chance to check out the status of his Supra, since he is also in the middle of an epic build. 'Tis the season, I guess... Anyways, I snagged some panels that I had bought off of his parts Supra... since I had already used some of mine on Supra build round 1...

p1980200_1.jpg

Thursdays are my days off, which means that I get to work on my own Toyota yippee but first I slept in 'til ten... man, that felt good. Then I drove out to the shop to get things going. Not a whole bunch happened today, pretty much I just chilled out and stripped down the Supra. Took my time, relaxed, enjoyed the process... got my therapy in for the week.

Everyone at the shop was working on a project - there was a Toyota pickup that had been rolled, a Honda civic that had been in a hit-and-run, and a restoration of some old American boat. The wood stove was blazing in the corner, keeping the place decently warm, and the dogs were running around chasing their tennis ball. Man, what a good day.

First, got her up on the frame rack:

p1980200_2.jpg

p1980200_3.jpg

I took a bunch of pictures to document every bit of damage that happened to the car that day when she met the rock wall... I didn't realize how badly the frame was bent... Take a look:

p1980200_4.jpg

Wow, I got my work cut out for me....

A couple of the frame buckles on the passenger's side frame rail:

p1980200_5.jpg

p1980200_6.jpg

Cool, at least none of my IC piping got damaged too badly that's still totally useable (and no one will be able to see it when the bumper is back on):

p1980200_7.jpg

gotta see the plus's, man.... :D

Driver's side fender:

p1980200_8.jpg

And the rear quarter panel, I knew there was something ugly hiding under there.....

p1980200_9.jpg

p1980200_10.jpg

p1980200_11.jpg

Honestly, though, I think that I am just going to pull that out as straight as possible, then spray it and just let that nasty stuff hide underneath the bumper. As long as its structurally sound.... and only you and I will know whats under there.... :p

Literally busted knuckle (ya not just mine):

p1980200_12.jpg

p1980200_13.jpg

And another pic of my poor wheel....

p1980200_14.jpg

Sunday we will be actually pulling the frame, then I will start to mock up where I will be welding in support plates.

Stay tuned if you're interested.....

p1980200_15.jpeg

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
luckyshay7;1980218 said:
LOL love it!

Dayum bent frame is no joke

HAAAAAAA no joke indeed......... D': I was just looking at your last post and thinking how the only other picture of me on this forum represents the exact opposite circumstances......

Teehee you're at work and I slept in :D but I have to swing by the parts store and pick up a clutch for the VW.... See ya soon!!

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
bent front clip ewww

Still can be fixed, but the worst is when the seam sealer at the fire wall has a crack in it then ya know she really bent up

I know a auto body person and he had unibody that had munched the frame rail he pulled it back to shape. then once straight he cut out the bent crease and just tigged in parts of the rail from another car

in the end you could never tell that frame rail was that bad

in the end it's all about time since it looks like you do you own work

and the rear end looks to be an easy repair