Supra + Faye = Love. My first build thread. (beware, picture heavy...)

InitialBoss

Feb 9, 2015
SoCal
jdmfreak;2070756 said:
Initialboss where in wa are you moving to ? The west side has quite a few of us especially sw Washington we get together often, also I have a couple extra 7m heads that aren't in bad condition (not to thread jack faye)

Sent ya pm

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Had an excellent weekend cruising around the gorge! Pleased to say that with the used EGR vacuum modulator from Taylor, and the Apexi install, my Supra is running better than ever! :D

p2071202_1.jpg

p2071202_2.jpg

p2071202_3.jpg

Good before and after:

p2071202_4.jpg

Also, for those of you who don't follow me on instagram - I went to get some coffee last Wednesday, and literally ... came out to the parking lot to see this:

p2071202_5.jpg

Someone put $11 in ones on the windshield of my car. Perhaps what is most amazing is that I spent 30 minutes getting and drinking my coffee (not big on food or drink in my car) and it was still there! Still have no clue who it was.

Oh my gosh! So many wonderful comments and positive vibes - thank you guys so much!

akito - Thanks! I think so also. Honestly couldn't believe I got a chance to own these wheels without draining every last penny in my bank account.

GC89 - They are actually more bronze in person, and thank you! Usually I associate gold wheels with stereotypical blue Subaru. It was hard for me to get past that image, but I kept going back to that bronzish color and I think it will look good with the plastidip color I chose :D And... your IG name is? So hard to keep track...

p2071202_6.jpg

I actually have made the bumper a low priority... enjoying the ground clearance a bit!! :D Once I put the bumper on, I won't be able to get down the last mile of jdmfreak's street, let alone his driveway.

p2071202_7.jpg

I my start messing around with it this week, but I did finally finish my front nosepiece, and I slapped it on there earlier last week just for fun. Sanded and smooth, but not painted as you can see:

p2071202_8.jpg

91TurboDave, Oh my gosh your story actually brought tears to my eyes.. I can't Imagine anything like that happening to me. I am so grateful that I do not have anyone to blame but myself for the horrible things that have happened to mine... your story is actually eerily familiar. Bird's Supra also got stolen, trashed, and recovered. Used condoms all over it, trashed to shit, etc. Eww! Please let me know if you need anything! I do not have much left, but jdmfreak and I are moving our parts Supras to his new place this weekend. We contemplated scrapping them, as there isn't much left, but what is left should be put to good use.

As you have probably read, my Supra actually came with almost no interior. My door panels looked like a dog went at them. I had the center console and the doors reupholstered by a company called MobileWest here in Portland, and one of my boss's best friends owns it. I got a chance to work out a bit of a deal with him, and I am sooooo pleased with the result! I had the bottom of the cards done in black carpet material, so when I wasn't able to clean out all of the stains from 27 years of abuse, I dyed the carpets black. It looks amazing!!

p2071202_9.jpg

p2071202_10.jpg

Sooooo so glad that I have inspired you, I seriously couldn't wish for anything more out of taking the time to document my build here. It just inspires me to keep on going also!

InitialBoss - this comment brings me sadness. My hope for all of my friends, and myself, is for them to find/have partners who are supportive of their hobbies and passions. I mourn your loss.

JDMFreak, Shawn, you are one of my best Supra friends, and one of my most amazing teachers. You are not thread jacking! Anything that has to do with Supra building and resurrection belongs here - it inspires me! Plus, we need to save InitialBoss from his impending doom. In the words of 91TurboDave, "LONG LIVE THE MKIII!!!!"

Until next time, friends!

-Faye

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Faye;2071202 said:
GC89 - They are actually more bronze in person, and thank you! Usually I associate gold wheels with stereotypical blue Subaru. It was hard for me to get past that image, but I kept going back to that bronzish color and I think it will look good with the plastidip color I chose :D And... your IG name is? So hard to keep track...
e

IG name is in my sig, I am starting to use it for quick updates on my build since its so easy to post compared to here and I feel like its less annoying to others than posting a bunch of stuff to FB all the time.

Its also great motivation now that I am following you and some other supra owners who post their progress.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Strange, I had trouble even finding myself searching google or instagram from my pc? I wonder if it weights search placment on followers/following over how close the name match is? Or they just have a truly awful algorithm, I put in ryan.payne and get things like "ryan.payne83, _ryan_payne, rypayne2000" but not me, and found mine by just putting in 'ryan' wtf

Edit: I added an actually link to my signature so let me know if that works

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Somehow have missed this thread in my light perusals in the past. All I can honestly say say is dayuum!. I mean that in the most respectful way. Keep up the great progress!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
Kckazdude;2071286 said:
Somehow have missed this thread in my light perusals in the past. All I can honestly say say is dayuum!. I mean that in the most respectful way. Keep up the great progress!

Thanks so much!! I will do my best to :)

GC89 - Awesome. Requested. Thanks for putting it in your sig. I think I have tried to find you before but no luck also haha. :D

Get_Smart - Thank you kindly!

And.... why... yes I do! Ha, per my title, I am never shy with taking pictures of the damn machine.

Enjoy ;)

p2071355_1.png

p2071355_2.png

p2071355_3.png

p2071355_4.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Cool thread and mad props to you for staying with it.

I have the engine out of mine and it's been that way since November. I'm not sure I want to rebuild it. I'm thinking about adding my turbo to my SC300 instead. Can't make up my mind to be honest. Either way, I commend you on your perseverance with your car.

hi Faye. Just went through your build, you've got some killer skills. Sucks about the wrecks, but awesome that you have rejuvenated the car time and time again. It has a lot of character!

I have a question about your interior door panels. The pictures looked like they matched pretty well. I'm considering shipping my driver panel to mobilewest. How would you say the match is to the rest of your interior? Noticeable difference or anything?

Thanks and good luck with the future of your build!

Faye

where's my tiara?
Apr 30, 2013
San Antonio, TX
www.youtube.com
TurboTruck;2076094 said:
hi Faye. Just went through your build, you've got some killer skills. Sucks about the wrecks, but awesome that you have rejuvenated the car time and time again. It has a lot of character!

I have a question about your interior door panels. The pictures looked like they matched pretty well. I'm considering shipping my driver panel to mobilewest. How would you say the match is to the rest of your interior? Noticeable difference or anything?

Thanks and good luck with the future of your build!

Hey there! Sorry for the slow response time, I have to figure out how to get notifications sent to my email or something.

Anyways, I would say that the match was on-point, the only thing that I was afraid of was the carpet on the bottom of the door panel, which is why I chose to have that made black instead of the navy blue. After that, I actually just dyed the whole interior carpet black haha. I brought the car in with me though, and we went through all of the colors they had and chose the best that matched with UV damage and sunfading and whatnot. The door panels were not from my car originally so they were a different color than the rest of the car.

Good luck!