Stretch's Digidash thread

N

NDBoost

Knight Rider said:
strecht isn't the only one who works on digital dash conversion RHD=> LHD.

I have started with my project last year.

But the complete revision of my MKIII came between.
Here som pics:

before
MKIII.jpg

engine demounting
Haken.jpg

rust attendance by a friend
Rost-3.jpg

painting
Lack-4.jpg

rebuild engine
Einbau-2.jpg

build in
Einbau-5.jpg

I can now continue to work on the digital dash conversion again.

test
DD-Test-01.jpg

Here some pics from a test configuration in a test dashboard
DDgesamt.jpg

DD.jpg
drool i fucking love digi dashes their so sexy :(

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Wow, this is freaking insane. Im glad someone is doing this! Just came across it today. Dude when either of you finish I want one made. I bought a digi dash last year before i bought my supra, but then the bad news about the RHD only came about. My digi is still sitting in my closet and im buying another Supra within the next three months, so i will have my frankenstein.

Last Weekend I tested out all pins from the digi dash.

It lasted for some hours, because there is no complete wiring diagramm for the digi dash.

I only miss now the wire for the dimming of the whole display.
To switch on the wire fore the little bulbs for illumination was no problem. These wires have always the color:
G (+12V, switched via Taillight Relay) (Pin B14 )
W-G (Earth, switched over the Rheostat) (Pin B15)

I can switch on the illumination, and dim the bulbs by changing the brightness of rheosthat from minimum to maximum
but the display itself does not dim.

This weekend I will try to install the Digi Dash in my supra.
But this will not the final upgrading.

I will integrate my super monitor, and some other displays too.

Last Weekend I tested out all pins from the digi dash.

It lasted for some hours, because there is no complete wiring diagramm for the digi dash.

I only miss now the wire for the dimming of the whole display.
To switch on the wire fore the little bulbs for illumination was no problem. These wires have always the color:
G (+12V, switched via Taillight Relay) (Pin B14 )
W-G (Earth, switched over the Rheostat) (Pin B15)

I can switch on the illumination, and dim the bulbs by changing the brightness of rheosthat from minimum to maximum
but the display itself does not dim.

This weekend I will try to install the Digi Dash in my supra.
But this will not the final upgrading.

I will integrate my super monitor, and some other displays too.

I will post some picture if things work out...

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
My previous statement still holds true. If anyone can get this to work, and is comfortable making duplicates, there is a market for them. I will buy one.

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
To be honest Spaniard, no updates from me right now, maybe knight rider but not me. I haven't done squat on my project as i've taken a break from it. I'm waiting for my dad to finish reversing the over 100 pins on that shaped board as stated a couple pages back, and until he finishes that i probably won't have any drive to do more fiberglass work. You see, I don't have a reason to finish this soon, as I don't have a car, so I've just been doing other things. I plan on checking the lash on the valves in my engine soon, so that's the biggest car related thing to happen in the next while. I'll work on this digidash within the summer for sure, and update it accordingly, but not for awhile. Knight rider can keep adding to this thread if he wants, as it's basically the best digidash thread we have right now.
eric

Phantom said:
K463b_4.jpg

Make this thing fit in there somehow and you got a Knight Rider Supra.

Good idea.
But I have no more place

------------

News?
No.
I'm waiting for a speedo cable;
Month ago I received the speedo box, but as I testet it know
it doesnt fit with my analogous speedo cable.
And I wait for the digital fuel sender unit.

All parts I hope to get drom suprra_girl from NZ.
May be its a long way.

Meanwhile I have found out all wires and there functions.

Edit:
I do not only a simply conversion from RHD to LHD...
I want to integrate all my other functions, like Super Monitor, Zeitronix AFM and so on...

Knight Rider said:
Good idea.
But I have no more place

------------

News?
No.
I'm waiting for a speedo cable;
Month ago I received the speedo box, but as I testet it know
it doesnt fit with my analogous speedo cable.
And I wait for the digital fuel sender unit.

All parts I hope to get drom suprra_girl from NZ.
May be its a long way.

Meanwhile I have found out all wires and there functions.

Edit:
I do not only a simply conversion from RHD to LHD...
I want to integrate all my other functions, like Super Monitor, Zeitronix AFM and so on...

unfortunately no news.
Till now I havn't received any answer regarding my search for the speedo cable or fuel sender

No news.

I still miss the fuel sender and speedo cable for the digital dash.

Somebody can inform me about the part number? :1zhelp:
Perhaps I can order these parts by my local Toyota dealer

I have asked the same question in the New Zealand Supra Soarer Forum, where I have got my digi dash.

The only person who has the parts is suprra_girl
but suprra_girl does not answer me any more. :cry:
Perhaps she is in another universe.

I also have heard nothing more from her.

Nevertheless I hope that somebody from New Zealand can help me.

I think, you will also need the speed sensor unit and the fuel sender.

This is our (my) fuel sensor, for analogous dashboards:
fuel-1.jpg
fuel-2.jpg

and we need this fuel sender:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

our fuel sender has two arms, but for digi dashes we need the one-arm-version

and we need this speedo sensor:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I got my from suprra_girl.
And in the New Zealand Supra Soarer Forums Jason T also offers a speedo sensor.
Look:
http://forums.mk3supra.co.nz/viewtopic.php?t=194&start=0

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
You guys will like this.

***UPDATE*** ***UPDATE***

Ahahaa, yeah I finally did some more work on this damn digi.
I massaged some of the plstic and fiberglass with my dremel to allow the clock and spedometer to fit into their factory locations as seem in the rhd version! Now, they are backwards IE: the clock should be on the right side and the spedometer on the left to have a proper mirror image, but the ysit nicely in the factory locations so I'll leave them be. I am not looking for any trouble on this build ahaha, so if things drop nicely somewhere they stay there!

My dad is finishing up the shaped board today, he has to do 120ish wires, soldering them into place and then he should be done and I can have the board back for the test fit and use it to do the glass work needed to hold it securely into the cluster. After that board is here, I'll just have the glass work for it and some more glass work around the casing to hold it together along the seams and the white backing part will be done for the most part. I'll be able to focus on doing the overlays after that, which will make it resemble something we all recognize. All in due time tho my fellow LHD digi enthusiasts!

I'm also starting to look into possibly having the rear casing I'm making duplicated, possibly by vaccuum moulding. I'm not sure if there's even any places around here that can do replications like I'm looking for, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there I guess.

The cluster with main board, aux board, clock, and speedo fitted into their respective places.
p220134_1.jpg

Closer view of the main clump of electronics as they sit. This is the final configuration, so they will not deviate much if any from this pic.
p220134_2.jpg

Close-up of the left side of the cluster, showing the clock sitting in it's native spot under the left side of the main board. It fit nice and snugly in that spot, although I had a lot of massaging to get it to fit right.
p220134_3.jpg

Speedo in the stock spot right under the right end of the main board. Again, it sits in the stock spot so the stock holes like-up perfectly and all, so it's very happy staying there!
p220134_4.jpg

Next update will be of the board from my dad, hopefully next weekend. We also "hope" to connect all the boards back together and power it up...
Those should prove to be VERY cool pics, and don't worry, my dad has a 5.0mp camera which takes very nice pics, so they will be awesome!
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Here's some pics of what I did with my dad today. We printed off the diagrams for the dash and decided to try powering up the main board and mini board which displays oil temp.

It works! Yeah, no broken display hooray:icon_razz
p221203_1.jpg

Close-up of the cool lights
p221203_2.jpg

I overlayed the tinted acrylic from the stock digi which I will re-use for mine. Does it ever clean up the face!
p221203_3.jpg

2 thumbs way up for this testing session!
p221203_4.jpg

eric