Stretch's Digidash thread

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Sorry for the no posts in the last 2 weeks, I've been busy with work, and thus also tired, so I haven't done much on the dash. I also won't be getting a supra this year anymore, since it's stupid to have for only 4-5 months before school, and be broke going into school. I'd rather have SOME cash ahahaa and we all know the supra would take most of it. I will work on it this week a bit more, i promise! AND I'll take some pics of the work, to keep those of you who care interrested, but as I've said before, since I am not getting a car this year, the dash has slown down, as I have no reason to rush. When it's done, I'll try and test it with 12v of power, but I won't beable to test in a supra unless a local member wants to offer his ride for the demo install.
eric

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Stretch said:
Sorry for the no posts in the last 2 weeks, I've been busy with work, and thus also tired, so I haven't done much on the dash. I also won't be getting a supra this year anymore, since it's stupid to have for only 4-5 months before school, and be broke going into school. I'd rather have SOME cash ahahaa and we all know the supra would take most of it. I will work on it this week a bit more, i promise! AND I'll take some pics of the work, to keep those of you who care interrested, but as I've said before, since I am not getting a car this year, the dash has slown down, as I have no reason to rush. When it's done, I'll try and test it with 12v of power, but I won't beable to test in a supra unless a local member wants to offer his ride for the demo install.
eric

Dissapointing news there.. this is the first ive seen this thread and i spent the last twenty minutes or so reading the whole thread. Excellent work you've done here. youre quite the pioneer. I hope that it works out and fuels others to do this, maybe even someone who becomes good at it and makes one for me ha! well anyway, good luck with finishing it.

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Stretch said:
eric
Im sure you wont have a single problem getting someone to voulinteer their dash for an afternoon. Good luck. :icon_bigg

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I would also love very much to one day make a mold of the rear casing as IJ suggested, because then it would be one piece, and much stronger than my butchered prototype ahahaa. We can all dream...
eric

Last edited:

derK

Mar 31, 2005
CANADA
hey bro, i'm from Ottawa as well. Maybe we can try it out on my car :) are you in the east or west end???

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Just a quick update:
I didn't do the glass work like i promissed, but it was for a better cause, as I FINALLY finished installing all 48 keepers in the head. I got up today and said to myself "I will do it today, no more putting it off" and so I did it and now I can put the head on the block, possibly within the next few days. I'll try and do some glass later this week/weekend.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't do much. I can't do much until my dad finishes the board for the right most side, and until then i can't deffinitively judge the depth of the unit and cut accordingly, so I'm just waiting on that, but there is no rush remember guys. I test fit the odometer and clock in the bottom, which is the part of the cluster with the most problems; lining up, the geometry, etc..
I wanted to replicate the digidash as accurately as posible, but I think it would be best if I left out the fuel and twin trip meters, due to space constraints, although i may still include them, I'm not sure of the final layout yet. It just seems to me like there isn't enough space, or justification to go through the huge amounts of labour for these small things as long as the 3 main boards work correctly. I'll update as i do things worth updating too don't forget. So if the thread drifts off page one it's no thang, I'll pop it back when there's something worth reading. I'm hopeing to drop the head I assembled into my block this week, so that's the only real big news. It'll free up some space in the garage I used to use for the glass work, but the head is taking it up for now.
eric

strecht isn't the only one who works on digital dash conversion RHD=> LHD.

I have started with my project last year.

But the complete revision of my MKIII came between.
Here som pics:

before
MKIII.jpg

engine demounting
Haken.jpg

rust attendance by a friend
Rost-3.jpg

painting
Lack-4.jpg

rebuild engine
Einbau-2.jpg

build in
Einbau-5.jpg

I can now continue to work on the digital dash conversion again.

test
DD-Test-01.jpg

Here some pics from a test configuration in a test dashboard
DDgesamt.jpg

DD.jpg