Stretch's Digidash thread

ForceofWill

May 3, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale
Knight Rider said:
Hi Eric, I enjoy only the trump because of the conversion...

But I'm Knight Rider and it is not surprisingly ...

No-one besides me will know how much work is in your conversion.
And I see that we have similar interests

Now I must only look, where I can get such a Nissan 240 sx Headunit display..
and the wireing diagramm

You can pick them up pretty cheap on www.zilvia.net when people have them. This guy had one for $40, but didn't want to ship it. Just look around there.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=143983&highlight=hud

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
If you could get one with the electronics and the plastic cover part that would be really cool! I want that silvia display a lot... thank you whoever openned my eyes to it geeze! One more thing to waste money on ;)
eric

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
just wondering stretch is there anyway you could make an mkiv cluster work in an mkiii?

2c35_1.JPG

6c2f_1.JPG

Last edited:

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yes, again, the wiring diagram would be required, but it appears as though it would fit in the stock position and if a shroud was built with 3 holes in it for the guages to pop through then it would look decent. Not nearly as cool as a digi dash though ;)
eric

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
i have two nissan hud displays....but i was told that you need the digital cluster too as the brain box for them is in that....

i have the wiring diagrams for them as well as it is one of my projects eventually...

ill try to post some up tomorrow.

Idealsupra said:
i have two nissan hud displays....but i was told that you need the digital cluster too as the brain box for them is in that....

i have the wiring diagrams for them as well as it is one of my projects eventually...

ill try to post some up tomorrow.

Hi
two nissan hud displays??
And the wiring diagramm?
can you send me the wiring diagram, please?
my email:
peter.freuding@nsn.com

I hardwired a super monitor in a 92 mkiii, now the digi dash,
seeing whether I also could make to build a Nissan HUD into the mkiii

This is the original speedo sensor unit for mkiii with digital dashboards:
speedo-2.jpg
speedo-4.jpg
speedo-5.jpg

and it sends 20 impulses per round

I would be also very interested in the head-up display :icon_razz

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Knight Rider said:
Hi
two nissan hud displays??
And the wiring diagramm?
can you send me the wiring diagram, please?
my email:
peter.freuding@nsn.com

I hardwired a super monitor in a 92 mkiii, now the digi dash,
seeing whether I also could make to build a Nissan HUD into the mkiii

This is the original speedo sensor unit for mkiii with digital dashboards:
speedo-2.jpg
speedo-4.jpg
speedo-5.jpg

and it sends 20 impulses per round

I would be also very interested in the head-up display :icon_razz

well i havent looked into it TOO much but i have talked with some nissan guys and they "told" me that the 240 sends a weird amount of pulses per mile so it PROBABLY wouldnt work in another car such as the supra. however obviously a simple adaptor could fix that if it is indeed a problem.

i will scan in the wiring later tonight and post it up for you guys. its not the best but its a start.

for the record....i had a pontiac grand prix HUD working in my supra. speed and all the other little things worked great. however the box it was in was WAY to bulky to fit inside the dash properly....so i went to the 240 display.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
sorry it took so long but i got around to scanning in the wiring diagrams i have for the 240sx hud...

i would be interested to see if the supra digital speedo piece you posted would help make this HUD work easier.... however i dont think its necessary as you can just pull the speed off of the speed sensor in the gauge cluster. im not 100% on the pulses per mile for the 240 but as i stated earlier i havent looked into it TOO much as i havent had time.... i pretty much picked up a couple hud displays and found the diagrams.... i still need the actual digi gauge cluster as i believe that is needed to make it work as it houses the brain box for the hud....

heres the diagrams(the first two are the most important i believe..the other two if needed i can tell you what is being said where...its VERY small on my paper too so its hard for it to pick it up perfectly on the scanner):

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

let me know if i can help when you go at this...maybe we can make it work together as its one of the MANY projects i have on the backburner right now.

thanks a lot

First thing I see,
you can switch between MPH and km/h
It's important for me, cause I drive a german MKIII with km/h instead of MPH

Next:
You can't use the Head-Up Display Unit alone.
(or somebody knows the connections between head-up display unit and head-up display control Unit)
You use the Head-Up Display Control Unit too, and this Unit is a part of the whole cluster. Maybe you can taken to peace this part from the whole nissan Cluster. Then you can see your speed digital and you can see it digital on your windows.
My my speed indication is already digital, therefore I cannot use the s13 240sx HUD.

Next Problem:
Vehicle Speed Sensor.
I don't know the amount of pulses per mile oder kilometer.
my German friends say that we (Germany) have 4 impulses.
But what does ist means? per kilometer or per round or per km/h? Don't know.
I must take an analogous speedo to pieces to be able to find out the number of impulses per turn.
But whats about the digi dash?
I also must measure this first.
I must collect first an oscilloscope (bought via ebay) and the I need a frequency generator (I think, ebay again)

I will report again

Attachments

• DSC02797.jpg
    DSC02797.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02798.jpg
    DSC02798.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 53134798.jpg
    53134798.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 53134780.jpg
    53134780.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC02755.jpg
    DSC02755.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 52
Idealsupra said:
for the record....i had a pontiac grand prix HUD working in my supra. speed and all the other little things worked great. however the box it was in was WAY to bulky to fit inside the dash properly....so i went to the 240 display.

what kind of pontiac HUD?
Is it the same like in the pictures in the attachment?
Does the installation look also so bad?
Whats about the display film? or do you use no film on the windows?
Can you show us a picture of your HUD in action?

Attachments

• 81b2_1_b.jpg
    81b2_1_b.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 73
  • unit-in-place-shows-cut.jpg
    unit-in-place-shows-cut.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 85

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Knight Rider said:
what kind of pontiac HUD?
Is it the same like in the pictures in the attachment?
Does the installation look also so bad?
Whats about the display film? or do you use no film on the windows?
Can you show us a picture of your HUD in action?

yes it was the same HUD that you posted in the pics. i never actually installed it into the dash because of its size...i had it hooked up and sitting on top of the dash to verify that it worked. i dont have it anymore.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
I just read this whole post! WOW! Those dashes look awesome. One of my caras has a complete custom firberglass dash. I want a digi dash for it. I wouldnt even have to change the dash, just cut the hole in the fiber dash to fit it. You guys are inspiring. Hope you get it all done soon stretch.

BTW, Night Rider, You look so much like hasselhof its scary. LMAO I thought they called you Night Rider because of the digi-dash until I seen the pics of you. HA HA

Anyways, Cudos guys. Good Job. ~Aaron

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hehe Jg, I wa actually thinking about doing more work on this the other day. It's been on hold as I have school and that is a time-taker right now. My digidash tuff is also at my mom' house so I have to go over there everytim I want to do anything, so it's another negative. I'm pretty close to being done though. I just have to secure thelayers overtop of the reens, which is easier aid than done. I also need to make a harness adapter so I can use the damn dash hahaa. My plan was to take female ma70 plugs, and use the male digidash plugs I recieved from NZ, and make a fields harness for easy plug/play with the existing ma70 dash harness. The digital speedo sensor would still have to be switched in place of the analog one, but not a big deal. I will keep trying to forge ahead if there is interrest, thanks for staying on the train Jag :icon_bigg .
eric

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I'm interested in the heads up display from the nissan. I wonder how hard it would be to retrofit if you had the whole cluster...

...maybe just use the speed sensor from the nissan?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
the new corvetts have a hud display thats pretty bad ass but i dont know how big it is?

any updates?