Stretch's Digidash thread

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
You gave away the surprise OMG!!! :icon_razz

I worked ALL DAY doing the wiring for my cluster, what a journey. My fingers are rough and tired hehee. On with the pics.

p621400_1.jpg

Done 3 of the 5 wire clusters yes!

p621400_2.jpg

Here is how it will fit when arranged into the cluster. The wires will probably go around back of the entire cluster casing and be on the outside.

p621400_3.jpg

Just finished 20 mins ago roughly! The last 2 wire clusters!!!

p621400_4.jpg

All of my hard day's work layed out for your viewing pleasure!

I have much respect for anyone who has personally extended their 1JZ wiring harness with the 120+ connections in it.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah maybe the second one to use the parts of a rhd digi in a lhd application, but the purpose of my dash is to look stock, yours clearly appears highly modified. So in that respect, I will be the first to have a fully converted stock digidash in North America.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
p626547_1.jpg

Finished the wiring this morning. I had to make it shorter as my extensions were too long heh. I wrapped them too and zip-tied them.

p626547_2.jpg

Stock dash no modifications.

p626547_3.jpg

Stock dash modified to fit the deeper digicluster.

p626547_4.jpg

Digicluster dropped in approximately how it will sit once in the vehicle. I need to get bigger screws to hold it properly, maybe make some extra support for it as it is heavy.
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hehe yeah it was my original plan. It would not be cheap enough for most people however. It would cost several hundred for the whole thing, although that would cover all parts too. My digi will actually fit anything as the plan was to wire it into a 7m ecu, so if you have a 1jz as long as you have the 7m ecu it will work fine. If you bought a 1jz and used the 1jz ecu it would plug in like factory and would be super easy as no mods required ;) I have still not decided if I will make a field harness to plug the cluster into a 7m dash harness, or just use my full 1jz dash harness. I would need to aquire a 7m guage cluster with guages so I could harvest the female plugs in order to make a field harness, and i Know you guys are commanding a premium for clusters for some reason :aigo: I hope to light it up with the help of my dad soon :)
eric

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
i sent stretch a PM yesterday EXACTLY saying what you said he'll probably give u the same response of saying... "wait till im done with mines & its possible lol"
MKIII N00b said:
what if we gave you our old clusters for you to convert to DIGI dash. would the price be significantly lower at all? since the female plugs you are looking for would be given to you by the buyer.

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Heh guys guys you are all so much in love with the digi as I am ;) if I had your original clusters it would be a bit cheaper, basically w/e the cost of a cluster is these days. $70, $100, w/e it is i dunno really.
eric