prosport gauges are sweet, a great buy, BUT 1 I RECIVED WAS DOA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Prosport Gauges said:
Rob,

I understand your frustration with not having your gauges work after just receiving them. I think the way you handled this is well, not the way I would have. A simple phone call would have solved this quickly.
I think the problem you have with the gauge not lighting up is a simple mistake on your part. Let me explain. The wiring harness that plugs into the back of the gauges is gauge specific. Often when a customer buys multiple gauges and says one gauge does not light up he/she and did not keep the wiring harness with the respective gauge and thus plugged in the wrong harness which results with no power to the gauge. All of our gauges are check 200% before they are shipped to the cusomer. Meaning, each gauge is checked two times at different stages to ensure operation and accuracy.
The Boost harness will power up the oil pressure gauge BUT the oil pressure harness WILL NOT power up the boost gauge, resulting in a gauge which you think is DOA when in fact you are simply using the wrong harness. Futher the reason we do not send a call tag is because in about 85% of anything sent back to us is customer error/fault. Dropped, crushed, burnt wires, melted tubing, blown fuse on the vehicle, wrong wiring harness, opened gauges, not even our products, etc...I can go on -
If you have a defective gauge, it is covered under warranty.

We have to check out the gauge first and determine if in fact you truly have a defect. A gauge not lighting up is EXTREMELY rare, that is would get past two inspections and fail en-route to you is highly unlikely. If your gauges was found to be defective we would replace your gauge & reimburse you for shipping.

I am sorry if our staff did not address this issue with you/G-friend's email. I will be sure to track down your email and train the respondent.

It has already been said somewhere in this thread, we are NOT Defi. We do not have 600% markup and can afford to be sending out call tags for anyone who thinks they may have a problem. The irony here is that Defi will not send a call tag and if your Defi gauge needs repair you ship it back to the distributor & they send it back to Japan and you wait a month to get it back with no loaner gauge. If we charged $900 for three gauges our policies would be different, but it does not take genius to see we operate on a very thin margin and thus have to be very careful in order to keep our prices low. We have been praised over and over for our customer service & we pride ourself with answering email's and talking to every customer who calls with questions or tech advice.

We are a manufacturer, we have been making gauges for 35 years. we supply most "major" gauge company's in the industry. A few years back we came out with the Prosport Brand to offer affordable performance gauges. So, we are new when it comes to retail and we had no idea how much of a demand we would encounter when we rolled out this brand. With this huge growth comes new employee's who may not know every answer.

Rob-Give me a call on Monday 727-572-9011 and I will go over the wiring harness color code for each gauge & get you taken care of. If that is not the problem we will get you a new gauge.

If that is all the is wrong all I ask is that you post up here that the gauge was not DOA and the reason the gauge did not work was a result of you mixing up the wiring harness-and [adminster]change the title of this thread to maybe "Prosport Gauges are the Best-Buy as many as you can"

Glenn

First of all i do not have a oil pressure gauge. Amanda bought me a Fuel Pressure Gauge, Oil Temperature Gauge, and Electric Boost Gauge. Each gauge wire harness was pluged into the gauge as soon as it was removed from the package. (so where would be no mix up) Also FYI all 3 gauges I recived have the SAME wire harness (Wire color from left to right) they go Green, White, Black, Orange, Red.

Next I installed the gauges into it's pod. Then to check that ALL gauges were working. I connected each gauge to a 12 volt DC car battery. Red on positive and Black on negative battery post. And ONE gauge,
(the electric boost gauge) did nothing, didnt move or light up. Next i hooked up the Green wire to the boost sensor and the other red and black wires form the sensor to the battery thinking there could be some kind of "fail safe" built in. But again nothing. Gauge is DOA.

Furthermore, being a Electrical Engineer for Creative Memories, I believe I am more then capable of hooking up the 4 wires need to correctley wire in the harness for this gauge and the 3 wires needed for the boost sensor. (yes orange wire from harness is not being used since the gauge will be set on white all the time, day or night. )

Also the wiring listed in the instructions dose not match the order of the harness sent with the boost gauge. Looking on at all Instruction I recived the harness and instructions wire color order do not match for any gauge.
The Instructions list wire color as this Green, Black, White, Orange, Red. Bring that White wire is in the center as listed in the instructions, and all harness have a Black wire in the center. But it is easy enough to figure out that black wire is for the negative and the red wire is for the possitive.

Are all wire harness recived with my gauges wrong, or are the instructions wrong?????????????? (hint might want to change one or the other so they match)

If i did wire it wrong, please let me know where i messed up. I will take full responsibility for it not working if this is the case.

Also we did call but there was no answer. But we called around 4:55 (your time) and i am guessing that is close to closing time.

We can change the title to some thing like
""""prosport gauges are sweet, a great buy, BUT 1 I RECIVED WAS DOA!! Beware""""

Last edited:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Also it is not about the $5, it is about reciving a gauge DOA, and the company's reply about it was send it back(i pay for shipping) and we will look in it. Also Amanda posted this earlier in the thread.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
92nsx said:
Gauges are super nice looking, best bang for the buck, but well you can read, above.

This comment you just posted in another thread does not mesh with the title of this thread. It does not sound like you think the gauges are junk. It seems quite clear that your issue is that you do not like their customer service.

You ought to come up with a better title and ask a moderator to change it.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Thread name changed due to you dragging this into other threads, which might be misleading.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
MK3Brent said:
What do I get if I pay to have it shipped to me, and I make it work? :)

Ummmmmm. Sure i will sell it to you for $55 shipped to your front door over night mail. Its brand new!!!!!!!. You make it work or what ever, since being a Electrical Engineer I some how hooked up the red and black wires wrong or what ever, and i will buy a new one that works. Then Pro Sport gauges would Rock again:)

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
Not that this was going to stop me from buying anyways, as someone has obviously blown this WAY out of proportion :biglaugh:

But after hearing ProSport's response, now I'm even MORE inclined to buy even more gauges!! ProSport FTW!!

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
92nsx said:
Also it is not about the $5, it is about reciving a gauge DOA, and the company's reply about it was send it back(i pay for shipping) and we will look in it. Also Amanda posted this earlier in the thread.

from that same Return policy link:
Prosport Return Policy Page said:
If you are sending us something to check, we will inspect gauges and senders for free. If they work to factory specs there will be a $6 fee to ship the items back to you.

They cant say that there going to reimburse you for shipping without seeing the gauge and verifying it is in fact a defective unit.

how would you feel if they said they will reimburse you for the cost of shipping and then found it was your fault and charged you shipping both ways?

How would your feel if they said you have to pay shipping both ways and did, they get the unit found it defective and credited you shipping and replaced it at no cost to you?

Obviously you would be happier paying and getting reimbursed, then not paying and being charged after being told it would be free.

They need to cover there asses. its better to charge and reimburse then to say free and charge later as a surprise. Being in the Business of customer service you and your girlfriend should understand that.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
dugums said:
This comment you just posted in another thread does not mesh with the title of this thread. It does not sound like you think the gauges are junk. It seems quite clear that your issue is that you do not like their customer service.

You ought to come up with a better title and ask a moderator to change it.

That is true They look great and have a great bang for the buck, But again this thread is not about that. It is about there coustomer service, and receiving a gauge that is DOA AGAIN I SAY RECEIVING A GAUGE THAT WAS DOA>

If any one wishes to talk to me in person about this PLEASE PM ME, and i will send you my Phone number or send me yours and i will call you or you can call me, and we can talk in person.

I stand behind anything and everything i state, even if it comes out wrong.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I have never met an engineer that was as smart as he thought he was.

Look, at this point it really doesn't matter if the gauge works or not. All you did was prove that you overreact to things and don't really know how to handle issues for yourself.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
OneJoeZee said:
If you would have called first, you might have gotten a better understanding of your choices and how to proceed.

Read
92nsx said:
Also we did call but there was no answer. But we called around 4:55 (your time) and i am guessing that is close to closing time.

That is why we sent the email. :)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
So you called close to closing time and got no answer.

Why didn't you just wait 'til the next day and try to call back before you came on here and went off on a keyboard pounding rant?

You seem very impatient. A little patience goes a long way sometimes.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
dugums said:
I have never met an engineer that was as smart as he thought he was.

As an engineer (student, anyway), I take offense to that statement! ;)

As for:

dugums said:
Look, at this point it really doesn't matter if the gauge works or not. All you did was prove that you overreact to things and don't really know how to handle issues for yourself.

I have to agree. I think you could have gone about this in a much more professional way, 92nsx.

Further, as an electrical engineer, I assume you've taken a couple math classes. You should understand then, that just because 1/3 of your order was *possibly* DOA, you can't make that blanket statement about all of ProSport's gauges. The inference you leave hanging is misleading to anyone that reads your statement, without looking into things any further.

ProSport has shown a willingness to work with you on this. Why do you refuse to show the same?

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Doward said:
Agreed.
But of course I don't believe for a minute EE degrees are just handed out... if you know what I mean.

2-3 semester of English lit and Technical writing, personally.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Doward said:

I hope the ;) means you understand what I really said ;).

Anyway, just something I have noticed - the smart engineers don't have to tell you how smart they are (or keep reminding you that they are engineers).

It seems to me the brilliant ones don't know just how smart they are and the not-so-bright ones think they are quite good.... :)

Regardless, if you think being an EE makes you more qualified to wire up a prosport gauge you probably shouldn't be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.