prosport gauges are sweet, a great buy, BUT 1 I RECIVED WAS DOA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
tissimo said:
thats a return policy not a warranty policy

If you were to read the bottom of the return policy, it clearly indicates that you may send them back something inspect.

In my mind, this is the logical first step to resolving the issue.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
MDCmotorsports said:
*PROPS FEET UP AND WATCHES*

Popcorn?

t45__popcorn-hkc-handpopped.jpg

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
MDCmotorsports said:
92NSX should have bought gauges from Defi. Maybe then he could have bitched about the $1000 price tag for 3 gauges and not $5 for a broken one....

Yeah, but they'll pay for return shipping for sure.:icon_razz

I'm sure their "survice" is top-notch.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
if you want to lock this thread up untill prosport has a chance to respond go a head. that is fine, but then how are they going to respond if locked????.
Again Our customer service at Creative Memories is we will send you a new one and we will pay for the postage back to us. I guess we a are fortunate to work for a great company with great customer service and return policy, even across countries.
~Amanda~

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
92nsx said:
if you want to lock this thread up untill prosport has a chance to respond go a head. that is fine, but then how are they going to respond if locked????.

They can respond in a PM.

I'm locking the thread. Everyone's just trying to fuel the fire now by posting stupid comments.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
*creeps in and whispers* Amanda should do all the posting for 92nsx... ;) *runs away* sooooorrrrrryyyyyyy...............

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Thread re-opened since Prosport PM'd me saying they will say their side of the story.

Prosport Gauges

Prosport, Inc.
Jul 20, 2007
Tampa, Fl
www.prosportgauges.com
Rob,

I understand your frustration with not having your gauges work after just receiving them. I think the way you handled this is well, not the way I would have. A simple phone call would have solved this quickly.
I think the problem you have with the gauge not lighting up is a simple mistake on your part. Let me explain. The wiring harness that plugs into the back of the gauges is gauge specific. Often when a customer buys multiple gauges and says one gauge does not light up he/she and did not keep the wiring harness with the respective gauge and thus plugged in the wrong harness which results with no power to the gauge. All of our gauges are check 200% before they are shipped to the cusomer. Meaning, each gauge is checked two times at different stages to ensure operation and accuracy.
The Boost harness will power up the oil pressure gauge BUT the oil pressure harness WILL NOT power up the boost gauge, resulting in a gauge which you think is DOA when in fact you are simply using the wrong harness. Futher the reason we do not send a call tag is because in about 85% of anything sent back to us is customer error/fault. Dropped, crushed, burnt wires, melted tubing, blown fuse on the vehicle, wrong wiring harness, opened gauges, not even our products, etc...I can go on -
If you have a defective gauge, it is covered under warranty.

We have to check out the gauge first and determine if in fact you truly have a defect. A gauge not lighting up is EXTREMELY rare, that is would get past two inspections and fail en-route to you is highly unlikely. If your gauges was found to be defective we would replace your gauge & reimburse you for shipping.

I am sorry if our staff did not address this issue with you/G-friend's email. I will be sure to track down your email and train the respondent.

It has already been said somewhere in this thread, we are NOT Defi. We do not have 600% markup and can afford to be sending out call tags for anyone who thinks they may have a problem. The irony here is that Defi will not send a call tag and if your Defi gauge needs repair you ship it back to the distributor & they send it back to Japan and you wait a month to get it back with no loaner gauge. If we charged $900 for three gauges our policies would be different, but it does not take genius to see we operate on a very thin margin and thus have to be very careful in order to keep our prices low. We have been praised over and over for our customer service & we pride ourself with answering email's and talking to every customer who calls with questions or tech advice.

We are a manufacturer, we have been making gauges for 35 years. we supply most "major" gauge company's in the industry. A few years back we came out with the Prosport Brand to offer affordable performance gauges. So, we are new when it comes to retail and we had no idea how much of a demand we would encounter when we rolled out this brand. With this huge growth comes new employee's who may not know every answer.

Rob-Give me a call on Monday 727-572-9011 and I will go over the wiring harness color code for each gauge & get you taken care of. If that is not the problem we will get you a new gauge.

If that is all the is wrong all I ask is that you post up here that the gauge was not DOA and the reason the gauge did not work was a result of you mixing up the wiring harness-and [adminster]change the title of this thread to maybe "Prosport Gauges are the Best-Buy as many as you can"

Glenn

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Prosport Gauges said:
If that is all the is wrong all I ask is that you post up here that the gauge was not DOA and the reason the gauge did not work was a result of you mixing up the wiring harness-and [adminster]change the title of this thread to maybe "Prosport Gauges are the Best-Buy as many as you can"

Glenn

:biglaugh:

5 dollar shipping, even if it wasn't to be reimbursed (witch was just said it will be), for a new gauge that under any other brand would cost $150-200 is nothing to complain about.

Prosports are in my future, i can feel it.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
Prosport Gauges said:
change the title of this thread to maybe "Prosport Gauges are the Best-Buy as many as you can"

Glenn

LOL

well handled, and hopefully it's an easy wire swap and everyone will be happy.

question tho, in the manual does it state anything about the wiring harness being specific to the gauge?

supradan22

NA->TER
May 20, 2005
ORLANDO FL
I want to know if all this ranting was just from a customer error, Funny funny funny.

Either way from my experience with Prosport Gauges there great I have installed them in 2 customer cars and love them.

I recommend them to anyone and there soon to be installed in my own personal car.

Status
Not open for further replies.