prosport gauges are sweet, a great buy, BUT 1 I RECIVED WAS DOA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
My GF bought me 3 ProSport gauges, (boost, fuel pressure and oil temp.) Direct from prosport. Well we recived them and the boost gauge was broken, and was recived borken, DOA!! We sent them a email that this need to be taken care of ASAP, since they were recived broken. And the responce was pretty much ""you pay to ship it back to us and we can ship out a new one"".

First of all this is bull shit, not even close to our fault and now they want us to pay for shipping cost and what not. Where is ther customer survice??????????

I have owned SEVERAL auto meter gauges in the past and ALL have worked great, none never were DOA, unlike these pro sport gauges where 33% of our order was DOA.

If it were up to me again i wouldn't have ever bought anything from ProSport, since ther product was DOA, and customer service SUCKS. Auto meter is 1,000 times BETTER. I will be giving them a call on monday to talk about this matter.

So any one looking to buy these LOOK OUT FOR """DEAD ON ARRIVAL""" GAUGES. BUY THESE GAUGES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND PLAN ON "DOA" GAUGES, AND FORKING OUT MORE $$$ TO SHIP THE BROKEN ONES BACK TO THEM.

Here is a pic. of the BROKEN gauge, it is in the center and is the boost gauge.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'm reserving judgement until I hear the other side of the story.

Your last feedback thread about HPF where you were upset about being ignored and hadn't even bothered calling HPF yet makes me wary and skeptical.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well call it what you want But here is the bottom line The Gauge was DOA. and they want me to pay to ship it back to them and that is BULL SHIT. Hell I rather buy gauges off Ebay because it they are DOA, i dontr have to pay anything for a new one.

And about HPF. If he cant answer a email how can i expect him to process a order for over $1000???????? I am guessing there is a comuter that he needs to use somewhere in that process, witch he could have used for 5 min. to earn my business.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ. said:
This is NOT how to resolve an issue you haven't called them and discussed the matter yet.......

ya but there email back to me says it all. The only reason i am going to call them is so they get my wrath. In todays world customer survice is KEY, at least to me, as i can not speak for every one.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
So you got a defective product. I agree it's wrong to make you pay shipping for a defective product, but every company has it's defects and you just happened to get one. How do you like your other 2 gauges by the way?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
92nsx said:
ya but there email back to me says it all. The only reason i am going to call them is so they get my wrath. In todays world customer survice is KEY, at least to me, as i can not speak for every one.

Your "wrath" Dude do you seriously think this is how you resolve problems?

If your e-mail was as emotional and borderline illiterate as your posts it's no wonder you received a form letter reply.....

If you actually get off your arse and call them and discuss the matter leaving your "wrath" on hold you might actually find people will try and help you instead of thinking "what a fucking tool this guy is"

DON'T spam this issue across multiple threads here as this will result in my "wrath" and you being banned...

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Isn't that standard practice for most online retailers? whats the big deal its a few bucks to ship back and get a new one? why cry and call them crap..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ. said:
Your "wrath" Dude do you seriously think this is how you resolve problems?

If your e-mail was as emotional and borderline illiterate as your posts it's no wonder you received a form letter reply.....

If you actually get off your arse and call them and discuss the matter leaving your "wrath" on hold you might actually find people will try and help you instead of thinking "what a fucking tool this guy is"

DON'T spam this issue across multiple threads here as this will result in my "wrath" and you being banned...

Nope actually my GF sent the email because she knew i would just chew there ass and get no where. here is what she sent them

Amanda said:
I recently purchased 3 guages for my boyfriend for his Supra that he is building. The electric boost guage (52 mm) does not work. I need this replaced as soon as possible. He is well on his way to completing the build. The guage has no movement and does not light up. (The other guages, are kick ass =)
We are more than willing to send this guage back with reimbursment of shipping costs (or ship us the new one with a prepaid postage label back to you for the one that does not work) but need another one as soon as possible. Please, please help us get this completed by Christmas!!
Thanks so much!
I love the lights, and the interchangeabe colors, as he does to.
Please help!
Amanda

So boo ya, if you think it is nessary to have me banned because i am letting the world wide web know of there customere service, and products witch i have used go a head.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
tissimo said:
Isn't that standard practice for most online retailers? whats the big deal its a few bucks to ship back and get a new one? why cry and call them crap..

Why spend another $10 to ship it back to them and pay another $5-$10 to have them ship on back to me when the gauge cost $50. now that gauge cost me $70 THAT'S WHY. It is not about the 10 or 20 bucks. If i wanted to spend $70 i would buy a used GREDDY or HKS gauge.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
boo ya? Are you handicapped in some way?

I said if you continue to SPAM this across multiple threads you will be banned.

Don't try and take the moral high ground on this by twisting what I've posted.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Spaming them because they sold me a broken gauge and i am letting you know about it?????? Im sorry, if i turn around and sell the gauge here in the F/S section, and the buyer recives it broken, and i did nothing to fix the problem, then that i feel necessary to ban me.

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
boo ya? Are you handicapped in some way? (IJ post)
OMG LMAO :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Dude just relax....this isn't Armagedon. I am sure you will get a new gauge and if you call them....they will probably pay shipping. Just don't be a prick about it and you will get your way.

P.S. (I would listen to what IJ has to say)

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
92nsx said:
Spaming them because they sold me a broken gauge and i am letting you know about it?????? Im sorry, if i turn around and sell the gauge here in the F/S section, and the buyer recives it broken, and i did nothing to fix the problem, then that i feel necessary to ban me.

Stop blowing everything out of proportion. By the way, you still haven't answered dcrusupra's question

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
being in the industry, usually how it works is the customer pays for shipping the item back. then if it is found to be defective and not due to abuse, improper install, etc, the shipping is reimbursed (usually credit back on the credit card used to pay). looking at the email your gf sent, it seems you are in a hurry and she even offered to pay shipping back.

im not taking sides here, i know you are upset. i'm sure they will make it right.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
as i said uh oh before, i knew this thread was going to be full of false accusations. I hope they post here to clarify this issue. Hell, they helped me recently in a thread that suze made.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If you really think they are JUNK, you should return them all.

Do you really want to use JUNK to monitor your engine?

If I had gauges that were JUNK I would not use them.

Seems to me what's really happening here is a lot of bitching and whining from somebody who can't stand it when something is not perfect for them. :dunno:

Get your priorities in line - if having to pay for return shipping has got you this bent out of shape you are going to have a very hard life.

Status
Not open for further replies.