progress pics on the NA-T / TT hybrid

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Halsupramk3;1088284 said:
I bet that car still sounds like a chick car with no turbo yet.

At least I can drive my car ;)

Making fun of me will do you no good. I have leverage... Like my first time EVER driving your car..... at the track I ran .2 seconds faster than you :p

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Well, just waiting on an intake manifold. Other than that everything is done. wiring is finished, pedals are installed, trans shifter mod is done. Driveshaft is ready, clutch is here....

Not much left to do to go from NA auto to 5 speed Single..... Mainly just swap the engine.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
not there.. no camera....

I had the harness on the motor, had to pull it back off to wire in crank sensor.... doh.

I'm using an NA harness, took it apart and ran all new wiring for VVTI coil setup, ignitor, map sensor, IAT sensor, crank and cam sensors. All unnecesary wiring was removed such as that for the egr, vsv's, stock coil, stock 02's, stock distributor, and all extra unneeded things. Wiring for AC, power steering, and other things was retained. All of it was installed back into the harness, reloomed and wrapped. It appears stock that way at this point. Wiring will be tucked under the intake manifold, and not be visible from the top of the engine bay anywhere possible.

Very little left to do at this point. I just ordered up polished TT cam covers with -10AN fittings welded in for crankcase vents. Should have them installed shortly.

One of the last things to do is figure out what speed sensor aaron is using to convert to R154 trans.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
sorry to post this on here but i cant seem to find anyone to help.
do u know where this plug goes (its touching the starter)
p1104227_1.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ.;1104222 said:
You got the 7M in that thing yet Chris? ;)

He was wanting to drive this one and not work on it, so he went with the 2j.......:sarcasm:

Car looks awesome Chris.........:love:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprahero;1104259 said:
He was wanting to drive this one and not work on it, so he went with the 2j.......:sarcasm:
your's worked so well in houston:naughty:
i think bj and i also had to change 2 broken parts on george's 2j in houston also:3d_frown:
i don't remember any 7m's being worked on in houston:biglaugh:
sorry jay, i had to point these things out

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
IJ.;1104274 said:
The 7M would hold boost :icon_razz
OUCH...........:wtc:
noah89t;1104451 said:
your's worked so well in houston:naughty:
i think bj and i also had to change 2 broken parts on george's 2j in houston also:3d_frown:
i don't remember any 7m's being worked on in houston:biglaugh:
sorry jay, i had to point these things out

For the record, I never worked on my car in Houston. I changed the plugs, but that was it................I drove it from Houston to my house with only two cylinders intact at 95 mph for 11 hours straight with no problems.........:evil2:

So why wasn't your car drove to Houston again...............:sarcasm:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
gixxer750;1104355 said:
EMP: EGR temp sensor.

It's coming along. Looking to get some pics up soon.

damn thats wat i thought but this TRAC light has me thrown off...thanks tho man!

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Mine ran fine... except for the starter falling off because someone *cough* BJ *cough* didn't tighten the starter bolts when we put the trans in the night before texas.

That and an alternator died. The rest of the problem was some electrical thing. Actual problems related to the 7m longblock? absolute zero. The 7m held plenty of boost(28 psi on the street after the dyno day and the drag day) several times.

so no, I have to problem with the 7m at all.... lol.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
suprahero;1104805 said:
OUCH...........:wtc:

For the record, I never worked on my car in Houston. I changed the plugs, but that was it................I drove it from Houston to my house with only two cylinders intact at 95 mph for 11 hours straight with no problems.........:evil2:

So why wasn't your car drove to Houston again...............:sarcasm:

either my intake manifold gasket had a leak and i didn't have a replacement at the moment or i was too broke to drive there. thanks for reminding me that i'm poor:(