progress pics on the NA-T / TT hybrid

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
This is my GTE block/GE head hybrid... this is the current progress as of this weekend. Shouldn't be too much longer before I'm dropping it in the 93.5

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That's going to be a sweet ride Chris. I got mine cranked today, and I'm going to start breaking it in tomorrow...........wooot!!!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I started breaking mine in already and it feels awesome to drive it again. Call me whenever Chris. You've got my number. See ya.

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Hahaha, might as well just call me, cause Jay will call me for answers anyways! ;) I will be doing NA-T as well hopefully not too long but I will be doing straight up complete GE motor.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
TopNotch2JZ;1039081 said:
Hahaha, might as well just call me, cause Jay will call me for answers anyways! ;) I will be doing NA-T as well hopefully not too long but I will be doing straight up complete GE motor.

I'll be starting my NA-T project soon as well. I just need some MKIII 440 injectors and a wideband. I'm pretty sure I have everything else for now.

Amontgomery

not so sad 10psi
Apr 1, 2008
Cleveland, MS
BTW Chris. I keep forgetting to tell you that I have the stock front plug cover that came on the car. Its black and shiny. I'll bring it when I come back down in August.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
lol... k. I aquired the lexus one from a buddy. I figured you know... lexus is baller, so what the hell. Its just something to have on it till I get TT cam covers(Damn those are expensive)

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
gixxer750;1039268 said:
440's... weaksauce... these are 750cc ;)

It is just those for now. I'm still on the auto tranny. So, I can't push too much boost. Once I can get the money to go 5 speed, then I'll be putting the 1.3mm headgasket on and bigger injectors.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
you would have to find a way to control it. I have an aem... or you can do the na valve body in the TT trans... clubna-t has bunches of info on it

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
When do you expect to have it finished Chris? Keep an eye out on that TopNotch guy. He's not above driving over to Missississississississississippi and pulling the turbo parts off.........:biglaugh:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
No, I aquired this head elsewhere. It was bought from a local performance shop. I rebuilt it myself with BC springs and titanium retainers. New valve seals, and a valve job were also performed on it. Its better than new.

I'm ready for a meet too. I'm off every weekend now. I'll be down for scraping the coast for sure.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
progress held up at moment. waiting on parts from titan, an intake manifold, an oil pan from toyota, the rest of my clutch pedal stuff from toyota. Also waiting on my cams to get here.