progress pics on the NA-T / TT hybrid

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
How much was all of the clutch pedal stuff? Seems I looked it up one time and it was only like $125. I could be completely off though. Are you going from auto to manual or something, and what transmission? I already bought a v160 for mine, but I still gotta get everything else for the swap.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
TopNotch2JZ;1040895 said:
How much was all of the clutch pedal stuff? Seems I looked it up one time and it was only like $125. I could be completely off though. Are you going from auto to manual or something, and what transmission? I already bought a v160 for mine, but I still gotta get everything else for the swap.

Prices at wholesale cost from toyota. I ordered everything on the diagram. Ran me about 395

Clutch master $99
Clutch Pedal $48
Clutch Pedal bracket $ 62
MT Brake pedal $41ish
various and other assorted nuts screws bolts and other items make up the rest. Like the return spring, cruise neutral safety switch, clutch switch....etc

Very expensive to do it right, but hey... may as well.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Chris, 2 questions. 1 what are you doing with the ge block and 2 are you going to do a custom FFIM on that beast.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
Not custom but FFIM yes. The GE block is going in.... well, lets just say something familiar to you. I've got three heads, three blocks, and lots of other parts at this point.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
AEM EMS

I'm using a TT shortblock that I rebuilt. It had 10k miles on it, developed rodknock due to previous owner stupidity. Everything else was unhurt. Got a new connecting rod, ARP rod bolts, ARP main's, ACL bearings, and a good crankshaft. Pistons were coated on the skirts. I put new toyota rings in it, a brand new TT oil pump, new oem toyota head gasket, ARP head studs, aftermarket springs and titanium retainers in the head along with a valve job and new seals. I did a mild pocket port around the back of the valve seats while it was apart. Yes, I'm doing cams too.

Should be good for whatever the poor little 67 will blow. The turbo on my engine made 716 on a TT engine with aem at one point in time. That was with stock head, stock internals, stock cams and bunches of other stock stuff. Should be a big deal to pull numbers close to yours with what I've got. You running an R154?

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I bet I break 500whp in texas next year... maybe a good bit more. 500 is my goal for pump gas @ under 18 psi.

The distributor is going away when I get my hands on some VVTI coil pack goodness.

TopNotch2JZ

Restoration bliss
Dec 16, 2007
Corner, Alabama
Yeah, when I said clutch pedal assembly, I was just talking about that not any of the brake or master cylinder or anything. so I was about right. I am gonna be getting all of that stuff too here one of these days. I am gonna skip the nuetral safety switch and possibly that other switch too.

I love the t67's and it is what I will be starting out with when I first go turbo, and from there I am gonna move up to the GT42R and probably call it quits there. If the t67 made 716 on a TT engine with AEM, it's not gonna make much more on your engine even with all the extra stuff, cause they only flow like 750.

I too hope to make 500 on pump with a t67, actually I am wanting 550 on pump, but whatever I can get. Then I am gonna add meth injection, or run e85 and shoot for 650 daily.

What kind of cams are you looking at and are you gonna go with an MKIII CPS or use a TT cam trigger when you go distributorless?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
gixxer750;1041606 said:
Not custom but FFIM yes. The GE block is going in.... well, lets just say something familiar to you. I've got three heads, three blocks, and lots of other parts at this point.

Do I get to help with the street tune and level out the AFR under WOT again :evil2:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I'm going Na-T because the head flows better, and I don't have any TT accessories. The head will flow more than 750 hp no problem. I'm going to run a TT crank trigger, with a pickup behind a cam gear, and magnets in the gear.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
more pics. just got the front bumper on yesterday. I'm going to let the paint cure a little longer, and then the lip goes on.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I remember when he was just one of the guys Ian. Now he's one of those people...........:biglaugh:

The car looks great Chris...........:love:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
thats not even right...

The mk3 is more of a real supra than the mk4 any day... lol 3 way power driver's seat? Weaksauce. no heated mirrors also FTL.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Huge price tag: FTMFL... ;)

Chris, car looks good man... Change the wing to a TRD and get new wheels, and it's gunna look sweeeeet!

BTW: you bringin that thing to Florida? ;)