Megasquirt thread: Megasquirt and You

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I have the write up on how I did it for my megasquirt install. I'll upload the pictures when I get home. It is pretty easy.

Text translated via modified Unix Kernel, sent over the air with a 1.9Ghz radio transceiver using Code Division Multiple Access algorithms along several repeater stations to a Verizon ISP, then to a switching network to the ISP of your choice. What you do with it then is your responsibility.

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
So I read somewhere that now there is a setting for our cam sensors and we don't need to grind a tooth in order to set it up... However I can no longer find where I read that... Can anyone confirm? Gearing up to swap electronics to Ms3x in the next couple weeks once I order and receive the last few parts required

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes you will need a crank input. You use it from the cps tho. In the wiring diagram ne will be the crank signal and ge or g1 will be the cam. There will be a pickup in the cps that gets unused.

Then in tunerstudio the settings would be dual wheel. 24 tooth crank. 1 tooth cam. Will have to the timing to fixed and verify with a timing light that the ign timing is at 10* when set to 10 in ts. If it's off same as turning the cps too far. Adjust on ts not the cps tho.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Once you get the car running and feel comfortable it, I would suggest trying the latest pre-alpha code. There have been a lot of really trick updates worth taken a peak at.