maftpro is working

Blue87T(Dan)

Mar 30, 2005
St. Clair Shores, MI
malloynx said:
Yea i'm being honest. yes your car will run as advertised, but i can't get the damn thing to run good. i went to the dyno today and only made 407rwhp at 20psi on a sp61gt. that is way low. My AFR's were all over the place and this thing is constantly fighting with the TCCS

Can you post the dyno sheets.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Looks like I will be sticking with my trusty Lex AFM for a little while longer until the MAFT becomes a little more user friendly. Hey Malloy, I'm confident that you will bust out 500+rwhp once you get the bugs worked out of the MAFT.

murkat

LT1 camaro killer
Mar 30, 2005
nashville
drjonez said:
people need to wake up and see that the SP61GT isn't the greatest turbo in the world- it leaves much to be desired in terms of spool and max power.

Oh, come on now Adam... thats not fair :3d_frown:
when used in its window of application, the sp61gt is great for the $, well at least it was/ is when I ordered and installed. :aigo: I am looking forward to full report on the pro setup when all said and done.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
murkat said:
Oh, come on now Adam... thats not fair :3d_frown:
when used in its window of application, the sp61gt is great for the $, well at least it was/ is when I ordered and installed. :aigo: I am looking forward to full report on the pro setup when all said and done.

why isn't it fair? yes, it's value priced. does it spool well? no. does it make good power? i guess...depends on your definition. the problem (as always) is there's no REAL information out there on it, people just say "oh it spools great". no dyno sheets, etc. to back up any such claims....just my $6....

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
So after doing some reading I see that the maft pro (with accys) can replace my maf-t, maf sensor, Greddy boost controller, AND super afc!?! And it will also possibly use the 0-5v wideband output from my zt-2!?! I want one! And the comments from the guy having problems sound exactly like the issues people have with the maf-t when the don't install it correctly or don't follow the tuning procedures properly and/or don't use a wideband. This thing is just an add-on to the ecu. If you don't use the ecu vf terminal in tuning you might have this unit fighting the ecu rather then working with it, which would make your afr go wacko in different throttle situations.

Last edited:

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
bigaaron said:
So after doing some reading I see that the maft pro (with accys) can replace my maf-t, maf sensor, Greddy boost controller, AND super afc!?! And it will also possibly use the 0-5v wideband output from my zt-2!?! I want one! And the comments from the guy having problems sound exactly like the issues people have with the maf-t when the don't install it correctly or don't follow the tuning procedures properly and/or don't use a wideband. This thing is just an add-on to the ecu. If you don't use the ecu vf terminal in tuning you might have this unit fighting the ecu rather then working with it, which would make your afr go wacko in different throttle situations.

yessir, you are correct on all functions. don't forget the latest rev. of the SW includes a FCD too....and timing monitor may be in the near future.

evil_shenron said:
heh yea so many functions for 1 unit cant wait to get mine be hittin u up jones :)

heh. and i can't wait for you to hit me up.... ;)

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
"why isn't it fair? yes, it's value priced. does it spool well? no. does it make good power? i guess...depends on your definition. the problem (as always) is there's no REAL information out there on it, people just say "oh it spools great". no dyno sheets, etc. to back up any such claims....just my $6...."

Dr Jones, with all do respect and not to get of the topic too much. I have clearly posted a dyno sheet that showed the SP61GT spooling only about 100-200 rpm's slower than your "fast-spooling" SP57. I know there have been some dyno's that have showed the SP61GT spooling pretty slow, but do you honestly think there are inconsistancys in the SP61GT turbos themselves, or rather the tuning skills of each ueser? I have a very simple set-up that netted me 451rwhp with apparent ignition break-up at high rpms. And that chart clearly shows a curve that is at least as progressive as any T3/T4, T04 turbo that I have seen. I'm not sure what you have against the bolt-on SP61GT, but it seems like your talk about the turbo (on multiple occasions) is a little misleading to potential buyers looking to buy a low cost turbo upgrade. BTW, thanks for your efforts on the MAFT-pro.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
well after updating the new SW things seem better. i'll report this week on new findings

and for bigarron; i have a xd-1 wideband gauge starting right at me when i drive.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
Lets get that car finished Malloynx!
I'm confident that with the few additional mods that we discussed, you will get very good results from your setup.
Hurry up and finish cause my car will done within a month and I want you to get to that 500hp before me!
PS....The Englishtown Meet has been rescheduled for Nov. 5th,
I want a ride in that 500hp car ;) See you there!

B

Boostaddctn

The new FCD feature, is it like a HKS FCD where it scales the signal down or is it like the emanage where it clamps the signal ? aight peace :chicken:

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Alright DRJ, give me the skinny...

I have MAFT with a 3" GM MAF, AVC-R & a SAFCII already & I plan on buying a wide band. Is there something more that the MAFT Pro can do that I can't with what I have? I thinking not, but am I missing something?

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yup, there's a few things you're overlooking:

-speed/density conversion
-WOT A/F tracking/control
-laptop datalogging
-timing monitor (MAFT pro will be able to do this in the next few weeks...)
-possilbly timing control

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
drjonez said:
yup, there's a few things you're overlooking:

-speed/density conversion
-WOT A/F tracking/control
-laptop datalogging
-timing monitor (MAFT pro will be able to do this in the next few weeks...)
-possilbly timing control

Well, maybe I am. My end goal is 400-425 rwhp. I plan on getting a walbro, afpr & a 57 trim CT26 along with the wide band mentioned earlier. I figure that once I get it tuned, I should be right at my target. I can datalog & control my A/F with the wideband & SAFC. I just don't think I need to switch to MAFT Pro just so I can go speed density & monitor my timing.

Please let me know if I'm missing the big picture.