maftpro is working

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
maftpro is NOT working/ UPDATE

just wanna report that the unit is in and the car is running on speed-density fine. i love this setup. my lex is going in the toliet..

feel free to ask me any questions

Here are some pics.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]
Pdr_0299.jpg

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
What does it mean to be running it "speed density"? Is that different than running blow through mode? Please explain! :icon_conf

Tom

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
very much diff than blow through.

Malloy, throw up some pics. Let us know how bad wiring was.

Iron Tank

Grease Monkey
Mar 30, 2005
N. California
malloynx said:
just wanna report that the unit is in and the car is running on speed-density fine. i love this setup. my lex is going in the toliet..

feel free to ask me any questions

Hopefully this will be a better alternative to the old school HKS VPC/GCC/F-con rats nest I have in my glove box.

Looking foward to hearing how well this unit will perform under high boost levels. :icon_bigg

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
:evil2: guess what I'm holding in my hand..... :evil2:

thats right boys and girls, my unit came in the mail today as well! Im so excited about it, and seeing Malloynx's unit already set up and running just adds to the excitement!

A big CONGRATS to you Malloynx for stepping up and being the first to run with this unit in the Supra community! :bigthumb:

hopefully you will come out to our dyno meet on the 1st of October and show us all how sweet and simple it is to tune with the unit.

Congrats again!

Wellington

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
yeA, once you add up everything, it gets a bit expenisive. i just ordered meth injection and an xd-1 wideband sensor for my lm-1.

on a side note by pulling out some fuel i can now hit 15psi. i'm still off the charts rich.. (mid 10's) i think by tommorow i'll be good to go

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
malloynx

don't get to carried away pulling fuel. You pull fuel you advance timing.

also keep inmind that since the maftpro does not directly control injector you will still hit FCO.

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Yikes that's expensive, but it does do alot of things for sure.

Since I'm already down the Greddy road, the new "ultimate" that can allow me to run speed density too sounds like a good idea. (But yours is a better deal money wise, and support wise too.)

I'm waiting to see the dyno results, and hear how easy it is to tune.

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
the price is higher because you need to buy the MAP sensor and the AIT sensor to run speed density. As stated before the unit is $399 complete with the harness needed to wire it up to the car (this will get you up and running, just no speed density). For comparison, if you look at the VPC or any other unit that also converts the car to speed density, you also have to buy the additional sensors. The difference here is, that this unit can run and be tuned with the MAF/AFM also since it doubles as a MAF-Translator.

Last edited:

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
figgie said:
malloynx

don't get to carried away pulling fuel. You pull fuel you advance timing.

also keep inmind that since the maftpro does not directly control injector you will still hit FCO.

I thought that the maft pro would resolve the FCO issue due to the absense of the so restrictive AFM :icon_conf . But now I realise that the timing issue is still there. So how can one overcome this Figgie? Any ideas? :dunno:

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I have one Q about hooking the thing up if you don't mind. The main reason I shy'd away from the original MAFT was because of the fact that being an 89+ owner I would have to crack open the ECU and do some soldering on it to make the HAC part of the MAFT function. Does the pro running speed density need the HAC sensor to be wired into it as well; or being that it is speed density; is the thin-ness of the air already come out in the basic temp/pressure numbers?

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
mkIIIman089 said:
I have one Q about hooking the thing up if you don't mind. The main reason I shy'd away from the original MAFT was because of the fact that being an 89+ owner I would have to crack open the ECU and do some soldering on it to make the HAC part of the MAFT function. Does the pro running speed density need the HAC sensor to be wired into it as well; or being that it is speed density; is the thin-ness of the air already come out in the basic temp/pressure numbers?

I believe that the hac mode is still necessary with the maft pro. I sent my ecu to turbobob (FullThrottleResponse electronics guru) to have the hac mode done.

Last edited: