maftpro is working

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
blackout_89t said:
The greddy emanage ultimate has the ability to raise rev limit. Any plans to implement something like this into the MAFTpro?

SUPPOSEDLY it does. i honestly don't buy it working on the 7M based on how complex the timing system is....time will tell though.

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
drjonez said:
SUPPOSEDLY it does. i honestly don't buy it working on the 7M based on how complex the timing system is....time will tell though.

Yea and from I have read it seems to eliminate it (clamp signal) not just raise it. Dangerous....

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
drjonez said:
the window switch is a good thing, the MAFT pro doesn't have something like that. it does have an aux in that can trigger it to supply more/less fuel.

the MAP ECU does not have timing control.

the MAFT pro data logs everything the MAP ECU does....w/the added bonus of logging Vf too.

how is the MAFT better for street tuning? it has both a keypad interface AND a windows interface....

funny that what it say's on the web site full timing control in less there leing but can't really see that who whould amke some thign liek that and have no timing control esplisy if it has windows switch and no2 ready

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
Idealsupra said:
adam i have one lying around from an old parts car as well...let me know if you want/need it!

thanks for the offers guys, justin was kind enough to send his....it's on it's way!

if the 5M uses the same AFM as the 7MGE, then the MAFT pro could easily be used in it.....once we have characterized the 7MGE AFM.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
NashMan said:
funny that what it say's on the web site full timing control in less there leing but can't really see that who whould amke some thign liek that and have no timing control esplisy if it has windows switch and no2 ready

what website are you looking at? direct from http://www.mapecu.com/files/faq.php:

6. Can the MAP ECU do ignition timing control? The MAP ECU cannot currently do ignition timing control, since it was designed to operate as a “piggy-back” system in conjunction with the stock ECU.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
The pictures of the install at the beggining of this thread show the temperature sensor welded into the 3000 pipe, is this the best place for it, or is it better at a post-throttle body position?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
The temp change is probably so insignificant from just before the Tb to after the TB I wouldn't think it'd make too much of a difference. Though I do see your point.(jonez or bob could probably explain better then myself, if I am incorrect.)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
i agree, since the air pre-throttle and post-throttle are both comming from the same place. It would still be interesting to know how the designer intended it to be installed.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
you want to install it somewhere post IC and in a place that won't heat soak.....i'd recommend against the 3k pipe as it's on top of the engine and would heat soak fairly quickly. the IC pipe near the fender would probably be a good spot...then again, the 3k pipe is thick enough to drill/tap and the heat soak issue isn't THAT bad....

supralover2000

12.8 and dropping..
Apr 4, 2005
Long Island, NY
www.mk3.us
so what is the lastest development with the MaftPro Doc? How close are you guys to finishing the knock monitor? can you give some details of what you have been able to do with the unit on your car? How much boost have you ran with it and how does it feel compared to the AEM EMS? any chance of you dynoing with the MAftPro? Lastly, I sent you a PM a few days back, any chance of you having a datalog file from your car with the Pro for me tune look at?

Thanks,
Wellington

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
drjonez said:
you want to install it somewhere post IC and in a place that won't heat soak.....i'd recommend against the 3k pipe as it's on top of the engine and would heat soak fairly quickly. the IC pipe near the fender would probably be a good spot...then again, the 3k pipe is thick enough to drill/tap and the heat soak issue isn't THAT bad....

ok, cool. I would do that if i still had the 3000 pipe. But the manifold should work fine right?

and is there any set/approx date for when the next software update comes out? I have money in hand, and as soon as the support for the zeitronix wideband comes out I'll be placing my order with you doc.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
supralover2000 said:
so what is the lastest development with the MaftPro Doc? How close are you guys to finishing the knock monitor? can you give some details of what you have been able to do with the unit on your car? How much boost have you ran with it and how does it feel compared to the AEM EMS? any chance of you dynoing with the MAftPro? Lastly, I sent you a PM a few days back, any chance of you having a datalog file from your car with the Pro for me tune look at?

Thanks,
Wellington

there aren't any developments- it works. the knock monitor and timing monitor are investigative things we've been doing, they're on the list of future improvements.

i have been running the unit in my car for development purposes only as a service to the "community". it's not going to replace the AEM EMS. i will not be dynoing with the MAFT pro as my car is going through some changes fairly soon....

as for the PM, i thought you were more asking for the MAFT pro software....i'm leaving that up to Bob as it's his stuff, i won't be giving it out without his approval.

hottscennessey said:
ok, cool. I would do that if i still had the 3000 pipe. But the manifold should work fine right?

and is there any set/approx date for when the next software update comes out? I have money in hand, and as soon as the support for the zeitronix wideband comes out I'll be placing my order with you doc.

yup, the manifold will work but you may experience some heat soak issues.

no set dates and no guarantees of what will make the next software revision....there's no point in waiting for the next rev. to come out, YOU can do the update when it does come out! ;)

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Yea, you're right doc, but I'm afraid that my car might not run right after i replace my Lex AFM (stock settings) with MAFT Pro and MAP sensor.