maftpro is working

Jr24dawg

Sep 7, 2005
What is a window switch? Explain in detail please?

Justin as Jr24dawg cuz I'm too lazy to click logout and log myself in.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
drjonez said:
window switch means that it closes a switch based on a window- certain TPS, certain RPM, certain boost, etc....

so for example, at 70% throttle it would close a switch activiating somthing like nitrous?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
hey i have a good question... I was just sitting here thinking about how neat this is and by the time I need one all these great idea will probally be released in a new software revision... but here's the question. If I'm running software version x and I want to upgrade to version y will all my settings be retained from version x?

turbobob

Aug 15, 2005
Near Detroit
hey guys, great discussion.

Let me try to answer it all....

A window switch is usually used to activate N2O, normally it actives within a "window" of RPM's like from 2500 - 5500. Outside of that window it would stay off. N2O shouldn't ever be fired at less than "full throttle" so adding a throttle threshold to the window function would make sense. Then you can add delays, etc.

Knock monitor: that's fairly tricky, but the timing monitor will handle most of what you need. Depending on how fast the ECU pulls timing and feeds it back in, the knock retard should be easy to see.

To update the software you do this:
Save your settings
load the new software
restore your settings
step thru the menus and set up the new features
save your settings again with the new features set.

No big deal...

Bob

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
So will timing just be monitored or will it be adjustable? Timing control would be a godsend for us MK3 owners.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
turbobob said:
gotta walk before you run.

Timing monitor first. Then we will implement timing control.

Bob

Man, this thing sounds sweet... so I'll be able to go for a long run, come back, download the log onto my laptop and see what timing was doing the entire run?

THat's excellent!!!

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
hey bob, any idea on the projected updates.. also lately my idle has really gotten bad. once i started playing with the mainscale the idle went to hell. you originally told me to -20% (550's) well i took 10% out and the idle is horrible. i added 10% back on the low load table. seems to be "ok".. any tips.

i got v-out1 @ 2.5v
v-out2@ 4.00v

during idle my MP is around 34 or so.
MT is around 110
o2 is 0.00

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Mmmmmmm maybe for those interested I could design a recess in my custom made center consoles to house this wondeful unit....I will be buying one next month.

Cheers,
Roy