maftpro is working

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
Hey Doc, Bob told me that you got my modded ecu in your shop. He gave me the green light to sort my MaftPro needs with you so I'll start bugging you from now on :evil2:

B

bbaacchhyy

Phew, just got through all 17 pages of this great thread !!!!

My turn for a few questions...

1. When the timing ciontrol becomes available, will it be software upgradeable or do you need a new unit ?

2. Do you trade-in NEW MAF-T's ? I bought mine a while ago, but work committments and other things meant that it is not yet installed, and these puppies look bloody magnificent, especially the WBO2 tuning !!!

Doc, how much would shipping be to Adelaide (Australia) for what Malloynx bought ?

Cheers

Michael B

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
1. it SHOULD be software only....we'll have to see how it goes. actual timing control is definately farther off than a timing monitor.

2. i don't, but ebay does! ;)

shipping to AU should be around $22US.

B

bbaacchhyy

drjonez said:
1. it SHOULD be software only....we'll have to see how it goes. actual timing control is definately farther off than a timing monitor.

2. i don't, but ebay does! ;)

shipping to AU should be around $22US.

Cheers for that. Might just stick with the MAFT then in the meantime, but a PM on the way to order an extension cable.

Cheers

Michael B

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
yessir, i have your modded ECU in hand. just drop me a line whenever you are ready to order!

Doc I hope you can bare with me for a bit cause I'm really deep with my car's restoration right now and I won't be able to make the purchase of the unit for another couple of weeks if that's ok...

yannis-supras

Lag hater
Jun 13, 2005
Athens, Greece
drjonez said:
totally fine man. just LMK when you're ready. i've got your ECU and can ship it back to you whenever you need.

thanks!

It's a relief to know that you're ok with it. I'm not in need of the ecu right now, I have a couple lying around over here. I just bought this one instead of shipping one from greece to have it modified so I can have it shipped as a package with the maft pro.

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Any news on the GE AFM numbers yet doc? I am 7mge-t and interested if it will support the flapper AFM.

Supra7MG

Supramania Contributor
Oct 13, 2005
Duncansville, PA.
I too would like to know as soon as soon as a unit that would replace the flapper is available. I've been running an origional HKS TO4B Full Turbo Conversion since 1991. I've opened up and polished my flapper and it works very well, but I'm sure that there is power and response to be had with its elimination. From what I have read about the Maftpro, and how it works I believe that it will interphase with my F-CON and stock ECU. I would order one upon conformation that it would work correctly. My current drivability now is outstanding and I would not want to give that up.

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
i'm begining to hate the pro. my ran alot better with the lex/afc combo. i can't get a good idle, car runs rich at cruise and it really rich at WOT. the more you try to tune it the worse the car will run.

i should have went with a VPC. oh and you will still have fuelcut.

B

Boostaddctn

malloynx said:
i'm begining to hate the pro. my ran alot better with the lex/afc combo. i can't get a good idle, car runs rich at cruise and it really rich at WOT. the more you try to tune it the worse the car will run.

eh... this is making me changing my mind now about this product... any one else have feedback on it? aight peace

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
Yea i'm being honest. yes your car will run as advertised, but i can't get the damn thing to run good. i went to the dyno today and only made 407rwhp at 20psi on a sp61gt. that is way low. My AFR's were all over the place and this thing is constantly fighting with the TCCS

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
yankiwi said:
Any news on the GE AFM numbers yet doc? I am 7mge-t and interested if it will support the flapper AFM.

consider it a back burner project. the response re: the MKIII application has definately been less than expected so there's no reason for them to invest more time/$$ in something that won't give them any returns. now if there were some pre-orders that would be a different story....

Supra7MG said:
I too would like to know as soon as soon as a unit that would replace the flapper is available. I've been running an origional HKS TO4B Full Turbo Conversion since 1991. I've opened up and polished my flapper and it works very well, but I'm sure that there is power and response to be had with its elimination. From what I have read about the Maftpro, and how it works I believe that it will interphase with my F-CON and stock ECU. I would order one upon conformation that it would work correctly. My current drivability now is outstanding and I would not want to give that up.

i would toss the FCON if you are going to order the MAFT pro....multiple piggybacks = nightmare for tuning.

murkat said:
I was going to go with maft last year, but it got very quiet in regards to it... then the "pro" came out. I was just waiting on feedback, results, etc. on the product.

heh. you made a good move.....

malloynx said:

heh. why? what problems are you having? drop me a line.

the statement about tuning is completely false. my car runs well.

malloynx said:

oncea agian, not true. the latest rev. of the SW. has the AFM output clamp built in.

Boostaddctn said:
eh... this is making me changing my mind now about this product... any one else have feedback on it? aight peace

why? because ONE person is having problems getting it to work with their setup?

malloynx said:
Yea i'm being honest. yes your car will run as advertised, but i can't get the damn thing to run good. i went to the dyno today and only made 407rwhp at 20psi on a sp61gt. that is way low. My AFR's were all over the place and this thing is constantly fighting with the TCCS

that doesn't sound that low. people need to wake up and see that the SP61GT isn't the greatest turbo in the world- it leaves much to be desired in terms of spool and max power.

mall- drop me a line.