ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'M SO STOKED

Like a smoker asking friends to help him stop smoking, I now ask that you guys look for frequent updates on my car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my harness plugs in today (pics tonight), so now I can get serious about getting busy on this car. Right now, I can't think of anything I don't have to get this thing together other than a few quarts of Royal Purple.

Here's a little short list of what must still be done. It won't be done by this weekend for sure. It's in the Mid 90's daily, and humidity has been higher than the temperature this week.

1. (DONE) Rewire all wiring harness clips, except the ECU plugs.

2. (DONE) Install new Valve cover gaskets.

3. (DONE) Install Power Steering Pump.

4.(DONE) Remove block form the car, and swap the motor mounts from it to my motor.

5. (DONE) Remove Slave Cylinder and fuel return line from old car.

6. (DONE) Remove gas tank from old car.

7. (DONE) Install gas tank in new car

8. (DONE) Install Gas, Brake, and Clutch Pedals in new car

9. (DONE) Install clutch master

10. (DONE) Install Brake Booster

11. (DONE) Install ABS Unit

12. Install Motor

13. Install Hood Latch

14. Intercooler - And possibly try to rework my piping. May leave it the same.

15. Install front Bumper

16. (DONE) Install Rear Bumper

17. (DONE) Figure out power and battery

18. Figure out all other front end wiring

19. Rewire several gauges

20. Replace Freeze Plug

21. Replace Wastegate

22. Replace Coolant passage at back of head

23. All the shit I'm forgetting!

It won't be this week, but I will now be a lot more dedicated, and doing something daily if I have the strength to complete anything in the heat.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
^ Speaking of pics, and backing things up...............Uh, back to the topic at hand.

I will be knocking out #4 and 5 tonight. I will post pics of that, the new clips, and anything else I can achieve off of the list tonight when I get home. I'm starting to hear a little thunder now, so hopefully I can do what I set out to do. If not, I will get started on the wiring harness.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

Woo hoo!!!!!!

So exciting to see a plan of action!!!!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
OK, I did make some progress tonight! I'm going back out to work on wiring the clips a little before giving up for the night though. I'll be out the with the mutant Triple E Mosquitos. Ken asked me what those big ass bugs were! Here's a few pics.

I got the fuel return hose removed from the old car, and installed into the new one. I was trying to not crawl under either car tonight, and I couldn't get the slave cylinder bolted to anything from standing in the bay.

p1366257_1.jpg

Here's the new clips. At least I thought they would be new, they look as if they were removed from another harness. Some even have pigtails I didn't think I paid for. I will be removing those, and installing my wires directly into these housings. A little extra work, no problem. I can at least take a good picture of the wire colors for comparing to my pictures to verify everything is correct. It will clarify for me which side of the clip the pictures is referring to. Give me lemons, I will make lemonade! Very happy with the clips and DrTweak though.

p1366257_2.jpg

My motor awaiting install....................Can you hear it calling me?

p1366257_3.jpg

Here's what I look like after an hour of work. I sweat too damn much I tell you.

p1366257_4.jpg

And here is both the biggest accomplishment of the evening, and the reason I am posting pictures before the sun goes down.

p1366257_5.jpg

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1366257 said:
I'll be out the with the mutant Triple E Mosquitos. Ken asked me what those big ass bugs were!

...and I'm still scratching my ankles from said mutant mosquitos. Vicious little fokkers.

I got a couple supra shirts just like that, yay!

Too bad my trip wasn't this week so I could help you drop that engine in.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Today's progress will be hindered by going with my son to pay off his new 240SX. It will be dark once I get home, so I will probably only be able to work on some wiring. I'm going to try to at least get the housings off of my harness tonight, and maybe get one or two of the new ones installed.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A little more progress to report.

I got the clutch pedal and master installed in the car yesterday. Brake pedal will be today. I also did get the housings removed from my wiring harness as promised.

That's where a speed bump presented itself. Doing the swap requires you also rearrange which housings some of the wires go into. i was prepared for that, but so far I have found 2 problems with it. First, and most problematic, each housing seems to have its own style of terminal, so some do not fit where they are supposed to go. I am going to post pictures of this in my wiring swap thread, as soon as I go outside and take them. Second, some of the wiring colors do not match the chart that I am following. they can probably advise me on that in that thread too.

Biggest problem now, is the motivation I found from having the housings is now lost. It's 11:15 on a humidity free Saturday morning, and I am in here on the computer. i'm still going to be working on it, but maybe not at a feverish pace as I have been for a couple of days.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah for a humidity free saturday. I actually played eighteen holes of golf with out one drop of sweat.

Good luck on the wiring Scott.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Well I did get a little done today after all. I have been in and out all day in shifts. I got my Cam Cover gaskets replaced first. I had to stop in the middle of the first one, and run to buy an inch-pound torque wrench. I got home with that, and found that it is good from 120-960 inch-pounds. So, it wasn't much help for the 22 inch pounds I needed. I screwed them in until they were just barely snug, and left it alone until I can chase down the proper tool. I did get the 4 blobs of FIPG at the bases of the Cam Risers, so I should be good there.

After that, here's a list of things done. I'll have to go update my list from the other day.

1. Gas Pedal - I had a gas pedal before, but I had to remove the Razo pedal, and go back to stock there.
2. Throttle cable - Had to first figure out how to remove the FFIM cable he had in the car. Anybody need one? PM me an offer
3. Brake Pedal
4. Brake Booster
5. ABS Unit
6. I removed the high pressure power steering hose from the 89. I took it to the 92 and found that he had a small hose going from one spot on the rackand running back to the other spot, I guess to block it off for drag racing purposes. Picture of that tomorrow. Another PM me an offer part if you want it.
7. I also got the clutch hard line from the master down to where the block is for the soft line all loose, but I didn't get the two parts broken loose from the fixed bracket.

That line will be the starting point tomorrow, and then on to the fuel line that is right there as well. I already have a wrench on that already. That's when the dehydration had me seeing funny. I figured that would be a good stopping point. Just about to down my 2nd tall glass of water since.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
By 9 A.M. I was coming back in this morning for coffee. I had already removed the clutch line all the way from the master cylinder all the way to the slave. None of that line were in the 92, but I have installed in in there now. I also got the fuel line removed, and will attach that to the motor today. While I was already standing in the bay, I also got the other power steering line that found out yesterday I also needed pulled.

I think I'm going to take it easy today, but will still do a little more. If anybody can tell me which Steering line goes where on the rack, I will get them snaked around into place. Then I am going to go get some diesel fuel for my parts washer, and get the steering pump cleaned up, so I can put it back onto it's shiny new mount. I don't expect to do much more today, because I have my nephews 2nd birthday party to attend this afternoon.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You should have came to my birthday party today instead of your nephews............I had strippers at mine.............:naughty:

fstoy

Soon to be Evil Twin
Mar 30, 2005
Texas
Looking good Scott! I have the strut bar and i know i have the boost controller solonoid somewhere....As far as the shocks and coil over crap...They were $1500 or $1800 back in the day. I have a crap load of reciepts from the original owner, i will round them up amd mail them to you with bar.

David