ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^Well.......i haven't done much of anything in the last week. I've been at gulf Shores for the last 4 days, and just coming home. Other than that, I have bad newses' to report. I have been spending most of my mechanicing time to unsuccessfully get the driver's seat out of the old car so I can ship it to the guy who bought it. It is all the way back, and the motor is out of the car, so the battery has nowhere (that I know of) to hook it up and move the seat. I noticed after leaving my motor hung in the air, and tranny hanging down, that my rear main seal must not be properly installed. It did leak out some, but not a lot of oil hanging like that. The tail shaft hung to probably about 4:30-5 O'clock. It left me with about an 1/8 inch puddle in the bottom of the bellhousing. It was way less than a quart. Since leveling it onto a table, it hasn't leaked anymore. I hope that is normal for that hanging position.

I got some new Jdub fuel lines and Charcoal Canister bracket from starscream today, so I will get those installed today after I go get my dog from the vet.

BTW........Chris (Starscream5000) is giving parts away in his parts thread. Y'all should go find him and check it out. Chris is a great guy.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
A Couple of new Pictures to keep the thread alive!

It has a front bumper just sitting on it for now, and the hatch shade installed. And, it has 3 out of 4 of my wheels on it now too. I think it may start it's life with black bumpers front and back, unless money changes any time soon.

p1337076_1.jpg

And here is what is under it suspension wise. I'm no expert on any of it. He told me it was Koni shocks with some sort of "$1800" Coil over conversion kit. The springs appear to have an Eibach stamp on them. Anybody know anything about what I have here? The picture also shows the braided steel brake lines and a little bit of the Energy Sway Bar.

p1337076_2.jpg

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I just got home and got the flywheel off of my motor. It hit me while working today, that I did not use any sealer on the bottom edge at the oil pan. Sure enough, once the flywheel was off, it was obvious that the oil came from right there. Nothing else has any sign of oil on it anywhere.

What would be a good sealer to use there? Do I need to take the housing back off completely, or can I shoot it in there once the bolts are out.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
I believe permatex black RTV that you get from your parts store would work. Although fipg is recomended since its what toyota wants.