ForcedTorque's Slick/Quick Build

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I guess I'll do a small update, instead of continuing the current fun.

I made what I call a major advancement today. I have been using most of my mechanicing time trying to get the driver's seat out of the old car, because I sold it over a month ago. I felt guilty if I worked on mine, while I still didn't have it out. I simply PM'd IJ, and he put some sense into my head, and said that I could get power into the car, if I would just put the battery cables back in and connect the small wires on both. It worked like a charm.

I took that new knowledge straight to my 92, once the seat was out. I have been unable to get any power into my new car too. I thought that had more to do with the relocated battery and the fact that the wiring was all taken out of the front of the car, with the fuse box just hanging. I got most of that put back into place, and got my battery cables in place in the front of the car. Then I got really scared to hook the battery to it in the front. There is the batter y in the hatch, and I have no clue how that all works, and I have a lot of wires that I cut while taking electronics out of the car. I don't to be posting in here about a fire. But, I will be hooking it up tomorrow to see what happens.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I'm pretty sure that I suggested you do the same thing to get the seat out........but I know IJ said it with a cool accent..........:biglaugh:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Ken, I would love to leave it in the back. I don't know enough about how it was done, to make an educated guess yet what I will do. Once I figure it all out, I will make a decision. I have no idea how the power gets to the fuse box, and powers the inside of the car.

I have been away from this car too much while trying to get that damn seat removed from the other car, and working on my motor/tranny if I work on any of my stuff. Now that I can work on this car, I have been looking into wiring first. For the time being, i am going to run a battery in the front until I get it all figured out.

OH....I mounted up my N/A Power Steering Reservoir yesterday with the hoses I got from Tubbie this week. Thanks go to a certain member on this page for the reservoir.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
But I have visions of cutting a trunk board, and having your carpet girl do me a custom carpet, for a clean looking install. I do like the positioning he has on that battery. And hey, just think of the look on someones face as you have to get jumped off in a crowded parking lot.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
I actually did make some progress today. This week, I ran a thread asking if my current wiring harness could be modified, and I got some really great advise out of it. All I have to do is buy several Toyota wiring connections and do some tedious wiring removal, and reinsert the wires into new plugs using the maps that were posted. This has me super morivated, knowing I don't have to wait until I can find a new harness and hope I have the money when I do. I'll be calling Jeff Watson tomorrow, and ordering I think 5 new plugs that don't come with pigtails, and a tube of FIPG to snug up the rear main bracket. I think this signals life for this car a little more on the quick side.

What I did today consisted of removing:

1. Clutch Pedal and clutch Master Cylinder
2. Charcoal Canister
3. ABS Control Unit
4. Windshield Cowling and Screens
5. Wipers

I got everything but the ABS and clutch pedal installed into the new car. I now that doesn't sound like a lot, but at 100 degrees with OMG give me oxygen type humidity, thats all I could stand today. More to come this week in the evenings, after work. I still need to remove my Brake Pedal, Oil Cooler, Slave Cylinder, Fuel Return for Aeromotive, ABS Tray, and Gas Tank. It is my hope to have all of this installed in the new car by this time next week. I'm not so sure about that, as there is a good bit of rain in the forecast this week.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Not at all Dave! There will be no Grey or white parts on this one.

I am transferring everything I need to make a complete car out of the partially parted out 92 I bought. all of my body mods are a part of the long time vision, but the 92 will not be 4 colored. The Bomex will get transferred over once I have them painted to match. The car came with no bumpers on it, but he gave me a black rear bumper. With todays economy, the car might go with black bumpers at each end, but those will be the only non red parts on the car. Then, I will have them painted, possibly one at a time, before the Bomex gets painted and added to the car. My extra incomes have all come to a pure halt. The 40 hr check is just enough to take care of the family of six with the wife working too. I get some car money from time to time, but not like I did when I got the 89. That ran out though before I had paint.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Major (to me anyway) Update!!!!!!!

I have been PM'ing back and forth and sending pictures with DrTweak. I finally just got a definite to go ahead and send payment. I sent it within 2 minutes of signing on and reading that he could get me what I need. So, very soon, I will be able to get to work on getting my motor in. Between now and when they get here, I have to teach myself how to remove wires from a housing, and re-insert them snugly into another housing.

This is major to me because, I did call Jeff Watson, and he told me he could do nothing for me short of sourcing a new harness out of Japan. His price for that was VERY good though ($507).

Also, I am proud to report that I talked to George yesterday, and my 89 shell will be the replacement for his recently raped beauty. I'm glad he is getting it, and the money I put into that engine bay paint will not be going to total waste. George, the wiring housings I just bought will ensure that I don't have to cut any wiring.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Only one way to respond to that latest update:

:boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies::boobies:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, I'll buy you some red paint and spray your bumpers for you if you bring me my dash........:naughty:

I'm glad to hear that you're getting something done on your car. It's unfortunate some of our northern friends can't get the same motivation.........:3d_frown:

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
suprahero;1355324 said:
I'm glad to hear that you're getting something done on your car. It's unfortunate some of our northern friends can't get the same motivation.........:3d_frown:
Don't be sad Jay.
gtsfirefighter;1361614 said:
It was great to finally meet Scott in person as well.
That will wear off...............................................;)

Actually it didn't, I'm still glad I met him.:)
I only hope this car is done before mine.:p

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;1355324 said:
Scott, I'll buy you some red paint and spray your bumpers for you if you bring me my dash........:naughty:

I may just have to take you up on that Jay. I'm coming to Tuscaloosa on the 21st/22nd, so depending on what vehicle I'm in, I'll be bringing the dash, bumpers, and maybe even my bomex (if I don't decide to sell it) Sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back today Jay! I'll call you sometime in the morning.

gtsfirefighter;1361614 said:
Saw this car "in person" last night and it's every bit as nice as it looks in the pictures. It was great to finally meet Scott in person as well.

It was great to finally meet you too Ken. Did you get a chance to visit the USS Alabama, or were you guys just ready to get home?

buckshotglass;1361622 said:
I only hope this car is done before mine.:p

Oh no he di'int! Tell me he d'int chall.

A small progress update for today. I pulled the rear main bracket and sealed it with some FIPG. I'm gonna let it set overnight, then tilt it back in the morning. If it does not leak anymore, the tranny will be mounted back up tomorrow evening.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
ForcedTorque;1361656 said:
It was great to finally meet you too Ken. Did you get a chance to visit the USS Alabama, or were you guys just ready to get home?

Oh yes we did.

p1361835_1.jpg

p1361835_2.jpg