emericaskater285's MKIII build of DOOM!

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I have made some progress lately. I finally got my trans adapter plate mounted, and bolted up my starter to it.

I got the rest of my rebuild stuff for the transmission including a hardened input shaft and a bunch of other goodies to make this th350 hold some high hp. Also just got my trans back from my builder and its ready to go in. just need a torque converter now.

I got my trans cooler (aluminum finish) and my oil cooler (blue finish) mounted up in their final resting spots.

Mocked up my mounting for my intercooler, and decided I went way too small. So I bought another cooler from a local friend around here and mocked that up. I am going to have to figure out mounting for it, but it will be much better than the previous intercooler I had.

Things I have left to do as of right now.
Mount intercooler for good.
Buy torque converter.
put transmission on.
Make rear trans mount.
get drive shaft ordered and in.
make intercooler piping.
Fire up and tune ;)

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Got the intercooler mounted, and finished all the brackets off.

Started on my oil system components tonight. I mounted my thermostat and remote filter head. Going to go buy fittings for it all to come together tomorrow and hopfully get that stuff done.

Also took a few pictures of my intake manifold since I haven't got any pictures of it since I mounted it up and finished everything out on that.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
akito;1980739 said:
Sweet progress! Where did you get the intake manifold?

Thanks.

It is a Ron-R intake manifold. I got it used off of someone here on the forums. I really like it.
Will eventually be powdercoating a lot of stuff in the bay including the manifold. I am not sure what got on the mani, but it looks ugly lol. Its gonna stay like that through this year tho.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
That's what i thought it was, the short runner, i've always been in love with his long runner. Great craftsmanship

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
akito;1980966 said:
That's what i thought it was, the short runner, i've always been in love with his long runner. Great craftsmanship

It is actually a long runner. At least from what I understand a long runner manifold is the actual individual runners. As in the pieces that run into the head. It is basically the same runner length as stock, and would be considered a long runner.

A short runner would be like this manifold below where the runners are shorter and bolt directly to the head.

Now from what I understand this would be considered a large plenum manifold, but it is not the largest plenum that he has made. He made one that my good friend has in his mkii with a 7m swap and it basically cuts the q45 flange and moves it forward about 6 or so inches like so.

Notice where that weld is right before the first runner. That is where my throttle body flange is. They are identical besides in front of that weld.

I do really love these intake manifolds tho. they clean up a lot in the bay and are a great upgrade and not too difficult if you know your basic shit.

Now I don't know if ron made a large D plenum and a small D plenum. But that is basically where the intake plenum is smaller or larger. In this case mine would be a large D I believe. I know someone was making both a large and small, I just don't recall who.

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
emericaskater285;1980688 said:
p1982831_1.jpg
[/URL]

Awsome build man, what thorttle cable and length did you use?

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
1988_supra;1982831 said:
Awsome build man, what thorttle cable and length did you use?

I bought a universal lokar cable. i think it was 36", i can double check if you are really interested. I cut it to length, and am really happy with how it turned out. Should be pretty nice snappy throttle response, and the cable travel is perfect

1988_supra

Jul 31, 2010
Fall River
emericaskater285;1982836 said:
I bought a universal lokar cable. i think it was 36", i can double check if you are really interested. I cut it to length, and am really happy with how it turned out. Should be pretty nice snappy throttle response, and the cable travel is perfect

Deffently intersted, when ever you have some time and can get me the exact one you got that would be awsome man, greatly appricated

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
1988_supra;1983367 said:
Deffently intersted, when ever you have some time and can get me the exact one you got that would be awsome man, greatly appricated

Yes, it was a 36 inch Lokar cable. sorry for the late reply lol I haven't been up to date on this as you can see.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Time for a small update.

I have changed my mind and decided to go back to a manual. So I picked up a build r154 with everything in it, and it came with a steel one piece drive shaft, along with a few other parts. I got a killer deal on it.
I also bought another act 6 puck disc, and a pressure plate. Love the act's.

Also will be selling my built th350 and the full swap for it besides the torque converter and driveshaft since I did not order those yet.

Don't mind the little spots its just oil to keep it fresh :)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I just recently got my bottom end back from the machine shop. I will be putting it together slowly, and updating slower most likely lol.

I had it machined at a local shop, if I were to do it again, I would drive over to Illnois and have SP take care of it.

I had the following work done.
bore and hone cylinders
hot tank and clean everything
Install freeze plugs
bore and hone mains
Balance and polish crank
order bearings and freeze plugs
file fit rings
check rods and piston weights and modify etc.
And many other things I am forgetting, I still haven't looked at my long itemized receipt.

Anyways, here are some pics.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Well, I have been making a little progress lately. I got my whole drive train in the car. It consists of a lightweight steel flywheel, act xtreme pp and 6 puck sprung disc, built r154, one piece steel driveshaft, and I ended up buying a new ssv3 shifter and put that in too. Really happy with how it came together, and how quick too.

After I did the drive train I put my new fuel lab fuel pressure regulator in and made lines for it and ran vacuum to it. I really like how it turned out. (you may be able to see it on the firewall by the brake booster and clutch master cyl)

I also decided to put my oil system together so I could drive my car again, and pull it in and out of the garage under its own power instead of hooking the tractor to it every time.
I made lines, remade my cooler mount, and mounted everything up. I am fairly happy with how it turned out. I need to figure out why a few of my damn AN fittings are leaking where it goes into the other fitting, but besides that its all set. Really hope that it clears my bumper lol.

When I was trying to bleed the system I had a couple lines switched around and wasn't getting oil pressure. I thought it was just air from the big cooler, so I just kept cranking. Well, my starter didn't like that much, so I will be replacing that in the next few weeks also lol.