emericaskater285's MKIII build of DOOM!

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
emericaskater285;1991691 said:
Anyways, here are some pics.

The timing cover got milled with the block, too, right?
It's not attached there so just wanted to make sure.. IIRC some people have made a costly mistake in not machining the timing cover too, because then their heads don't seal.

edit: NVM I don't see resurfacing the block on your list of work... plus it's probably safe to assume you know your way around a 7M. ;)

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
raysupra;2000398 said:
I'm still trying to figure out where your crankcase vent lines run.. Their like the energizer bunny. :-0 looks good.

lol I have two mini gokart catch cans. Ill have to post them up sometime. They aren't anything crazy, and are just sitting by my filter right now, but I do need to do something with them as I don't think itll pass tech inspection like that. I was planning on getting them mounted and settled by this time this year, but I keep running into little things I need to do and it takes my time away from things that need to be done. Needless to say, Ill have them mounted before I get to the track again, and hopfully that will be soon.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I really need to update this thread, I have been busy with work and stupid little shit with this car lately. I have been having a lot of little issues, just a few small things, I have changed up my fuel setup (not because of the pump not working, because of the tank sealer I used) and I will be posting info about that in the near future. I am also in the process of changing my turbo setup again, and will update that once its done. I have also made some little progress on putting the engine together.
so don't worry, I haven't disappeared.

miekedmr;2000592 said:
The timing cover got milled with the block, too, right?
It's not attached there so just wanted to make sure.. IIRC some people have made a costly mistake in not machining the timing cover too, because then their heads don't seal.

edit: NVM I don't see resurfacing the block on your list of work... plus it's probably safe to assume you know your way around a 7M. ;)

Yes sir, I did put it on there. I do feel I know my way around a 7m pretty well lol.
Now, I have heard of people filing down their rear timing covers, but I don't want to do stupid hack job work like that, specially on this engine.