emericaskater285's MKIII build of DOOM!

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
By popular demand, I now present you a few more angles of my pump set up.

Wish I had a lift, it would have made taking these pics much easier, but I hope this gives you all an idea on how and where its mounted. And yes it is solid mounted, and no it isn't horribly loud.

And here is a pretty I took the same day. :)

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
SupraTurbo1989;1937422 said:
When does it hit the dyno? I'm eager for results!

May 24th. I bet I am a little more eager than you ;)

Just hoping nothing goes wrong before or on the dyno. I think shell hold together very well, and I have a great tuner, but its my first build and dyno session so we will see.

Also when you see all these videos with people making excuses for the low power (clutch slipping, ran out of fuel, turbo on its way out, etc, etc.)
Well, I will NOT be making any of those excuses. IMO never post a dyno result unless its the true number!

Now this is kindof going onto a rant, but another thing that bugs the shit out of me is people posting and converting dyno numbers to SAE/Dynojet/mustang dyno/etc. Fuck that. My numbers will be uncorrected (true numbers no conversion)
I will also post up whatever other numbers they would like to give me(just for comparison). /rant

One more thing, this will be on the same dyno that Chases 3DX EVO made his numbers at.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
An update on the car, I did have a shimmy when I was taking Trey for a ride. Went for a little drive yesterday to fill up the tank, and what do you know, my right front area is smoking. Turns out I either have a caliper stuck, or something fucked up in the brake system.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Well, my front right caliper was stuck, and has been for a week or so. I pulled it off today, and luckily had the calipers off my old parts car to paint and throw on real quick. While I was waiting for the paint to dry, I figured I would take a picture.

Does your paint do this? :)

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
supraguy@aol;1937606 said:
Looking sweet.
Is your fuel line flexible braided all the way from the pump to the rail?

Yes it is. Black braided line. There is stainless mesh in it for strength, but it is under the black braid, and above the hose. I really like this line. Very flexible.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
How's your thoughts the battle version product? Any noticeable difference in ride quality?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
emericaskater285;1937632 said:
Yes it is. Black braided line. There is stainless mesh in it for strength, but it is under the black braid, and above the hose. I really like this line. Very flexible.
Cool. Sounds exactly like the line i just bought for the rail connections.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
awsom-0;1937927 said:
How's your thoughts the battle version product? Any noticeable difference in ride quality?

Actually was having rear alignment issues. We couldn't get it the adjustments enough with just the centric bolt in there, so I bought some camber arms. Now I have a perfect alignment, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

I do like them, IMO they are a good product. I have heard people trash talking their products, but i think it is because they are using the traction bars, and not the camber bars. Because the traction bars are under much more stress and there is a chance of bending under high torque.

These will not get bent or destroyed in any way IMO, because they are just for camber. There is really no torque load on them. And I am really impressed with the quality of the welds, and the whole product for the price.

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Hmm I think that's going to be my next purchase as I'm having issues with my rear alignment too. Are you still using the stock traction arm?

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Oh my....that fuel sump is awesome, I love how simple this car is. Keep up the great work man. I am working on getting all three peices to the rear suspenion together have 2/3 of it. Then once the rear is taken care of ill be doing a new rack, bushings, pump, and lines for the front.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
You have a very nice car!

emericaskater285;1937592 said:
Does your paint do this? :)

Yes, my paint does this too! I love the way water will bead on paint when you have the right stuff on it. What kind of a wax/sealant do you have on your paint?

ca91mkIII

May 23, 2012
Franklin
Any chance you can take some close up pictures of the fuel pressure regulator and how it mounts and where the lines go to and come from? I just got my setup about an hour ago, so I haven't had a chance to tinker with it, but some reference pictures would be nice.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Silver MK3;1938025 said:
You have a very nice car!

Yes, my paint does this too! I love the way water will bead on paint when you have the right stuff on it. What kind of a wax/sealant do you have on your paint?

I don't remember what exact wax it is, but I know it is Meguires. If I remember it was kind of pricey.

Also a heads up for everyone, I will have dyno video up this weekend, and numbers as long as she holds together on the rollers.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
I found my pictures of the transmission rebuild when I was putting it back together.

This was the damage.

And getting it back together.

Billet 1-2 shifter fork

Billet bearing retainer

FIPG mess

All cleaned up

Bellhousing back on, and ready to go back in.

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Well, bad news. I went to the dyno yesterday thinking I had all of my issues fixed. I ended up having some stupid issue with my map sensor that we could not figure out for the life of us. It was fluctuating thought the power band. I ended up ordering another sensor, and will also wire this one differently than before.
We couldn't do much tuning, but we managed to push out 311hp @ 12psi and 6000 rpm. These numbers are crazy low. We did not even touch timing as we couldn't get the fuel map right because of the map issue.

So I will get my issues figured out, and will come back to the dyno sometime in June if everything goes smooth now lol.

This is my first time going up on the dyno, and I have learned some things along the way.

Always get all of the bugs worked out before hand (thought I had done this)
Make time before hand to go out on the street to do some street tuning (should have done this, just didn't manage time right)
Be prepared to be depressed in your numbers if things don't go as planned
Bring tools to change plugs, coils, and ecu pins. Along with spare plugs and coils (had my plugs with me just incase, will be bringing coils next time)

awsom-0

May 8, 2005
Dallas, Tx
Oh man that sucks! My first time on the dyno ended up similar to that. My boost controller crapped out and my oil was in a bind and slowly leaked oil lol. It was finished the night before and I thought I addressed all the issues..