eFFeT's Swedish Powered Supra MKIII

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
ever hear a sprint car rev out? They go from idle to 9k and back to idle in about a half a second. They have no flywheel at all (crank is coupled directly to the rear end, no trans either). You lose some streetability with a really light flywheel, but Im guessing e' doesnt care :naughty:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Keeping all the mass towards the center of the flywheel/clutch assembly like that to reduce inertia is very clever.

Is it possible that moving the friction surfaces further inward and reducing their relative speed has contributed to the "on/off" engagement?

by the way, the video's amazing (almost unbelievable ;) )

Last edited:

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
miekedmr;1097260 said:
Keeping all the mass towards the center of the flywheel/clutch assembly like that to reduce inertia is very clever.

Is it possible that moving the friction surfaces further inward and reducing their relative speed has contributed to the "on/off" engagement?

by the way, the video's amazing (almost unbelievable ;) )

That might be one reason, plus that its sinter metalic.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
effet;1099820 said:
Woohooo!!! :) This has nothing to do with this project. But I got my camless engine prototype to run att 4800 rpm today!! :)

enlighten us...but congrats anyways :) Accomplishments are always great either small or big.!:biglaugh:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
effet;1099820 said:
Woohooo!!! :) This has nothing to do with this project. But I got my camless engine prototype to run att 4800 rpm today!! :)

Yeah my camless engine runs every second weekend at 13000rpm(brushcutter):biglaugh:
Show us some pics..

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Can't give out any pics or any information on how its built because I'm seaching patent on the design and the system to drive it.

All I can say is that I can now open and close the intake and exhaust valve when ever I want independent off the crankshafts position. So I can run low duration and overlap on low rpms and increase them with load and rpm as I please. I can also remove the throttle body, camshafts, timing belt and much more.

+10-20% lower fuel consumtion
+better emissions
+less parts
+no service
+MORE POWER!!!:evil2:
+HIGHER RPM!!!:evil2:

-more noise (but its under development right now)

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2007
Östersund, Sweden
Har följt projektet både här och på Supras!
Blir lika imponerad varje gång :biglaugh:

Väntar med spänning på den dagen man får se besten IRL :evil2:

And hope your camless engine works out well!
So I can tell my grandchildren that the inventor was a MKIII owner ;)

Mvh. Erik

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
effet;1100535 said:
Can't give out any pics or any information on how its built because I'm seaching patent on the design and the system to drive it.

All I can say is that I can now open and close the intake and exhaust valve when ever I want independent off the crankshafts position. So I can run low duration and overlap on low rpms and increase them with load and rpm as I please. I can also remove the throttle body, camshafts, timing belt and much more.

+10-20% lower fuel consumtion
+better emissions
+less parts
+no service
+MORE POWER!!!:evil2:
+HIGHER RPM!!!:evil2:

-more noise (but its under development right now)

are you serious?

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Cannonball;1100613 said:
Har följt projektet både här och på Supras!
Blir lika imponerad varje gång :biglaugh:

Väntar med spänning på den dagen man får se besten IRL :evil2:

And hope your camless engine works out well!
So I can tell my grandchildren that the inventor was a MKIII owner ;)

Mvh. Erik

Tackar tackar! :D (thx)

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Sorry! Haven't done any new videos yet. And I got BHG 2 days after I made the previous videos. I ordered a new one today and will get it next week so I'll have it running soon...

I can do WOT for about 5-10 sec, after that all my cooling water is gone!