eFFeT's Swedish Powered Supra MKIII

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Thanks for all the nice feedback! :)

I think that the heating problem is the caused by the poor circulation of water in the turbos. Im going to cut off the water to the turbos and see if its causing the water to boil.

Plan B: Change the thermostat

Plan C: Check if there is any exhaust gases in the cooling system.

mako18

Mar 15, 2008
FL
To bad you live so damn far. I would pay to ride in this thing you better get some tickets and start selling them because thats one unique and badass ride you will surely have along line of people ready to risk their life for a rush!!!

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Was going to upload some videos of the beast today but the fuelcut kicked in every time I gave WOT. I just have to get my computer and change it to 1.8 bar (26.5 psi) but I was to lazy... :p

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
wiseco7mgt;1095374 said:
jeez, thats quick.!Hows the clutch holding up?

Haha!! are you kidding me! :D No problem at all... But its a little bit tricky to get a good start. I would say ON/OFF and nothing in between :D.

I'm going to setup the Launch control and Shift cut later on and boost 1,3 bar on first and second gear then 1,7-2bar on 3,4,5 gear. That would make some difference on that time. Plus I got a crapy start :D

But I have to upgrade the fuel system and cooling system before I can boost any more. It thirsty when you run it on E85 :evil2:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
What kind of clutch are you running?

Most of those on/off clutches really aren't on/off, they just take a LOT of time to break in and for you to teach your left foot how to be gentle.

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Poodles;1095461 said:
What kind of clutch are you running?

Most of those on/off clutches really aren't on/off, they just take a LOT of time to break in and for you to teach your left foot how to be gentle.

It is drivable but you must have god sent skills to do a perfect start. :) But I'm getting used to it... so there gonna be better starts later on, I hope.

It's a Tilton OT-2 7.25 inch 3-disc sinter metallic clutch from a NASCAR with custom flywheel and ClutchMaster Tri-lite hydraulic release bearing. With the normal spring I'm using it should be good for 1260Nm. I think its as much ON/OFF a clutch can be...
It's pics on it earlier it the thread.

/ Fredrik

Last edited:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Fredik, I'm quite impressed with your work. I think most people here are.

I do however have an issue with your videos. They look like they've been sped up a little bit.

You're welcome to prove me wrong, and I HOPE I'm wrong as well. Just thought I would put that out there...

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Supraholics;1095679 said:
Fredik, I'm quite impressed with your work. I think most people here are.

I do however have an issue with your videos. They look like they've been sped up a little bit.

You're welcome to prove me wrong, and I HOPE I'm wrong as well. Just thought I would put that out there...

What!!?? You know what... I will make some new videos with a clock mounted beside the tachometer just to prove me right if thats what it takes! But I can asure you that its 100% authentic!

Why do you think its been speeded up?

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
effet;1095821 said:
What!!?? You know what... I will make some new videos with a clock mounted beside the tachometer just to prove me right if thats what it takes! But I can asure you that its 100% authentic!

Why do you think its been speeded up?

F.

Just because the rev out of your engine is unbelievable :biglaugh: Then I started looking at the shadows and movement as well as the sound and it seems like the videos had the play speed increased.

I want to believe you and if it is true then PLEASE tell me what that heck did you do to make this engine rev like that??? I want one ;)

EDIT: Let me give you a little bit of background on my thinking as well. Initially I was going with a twin turbo 7MGTE and have changed my route because I want my engine to rev like a GT car, or a sports bike, and it just seemed impossible to do with the 7M because of stroke and such. I wasn't able to find anyone that could do that.

Mig.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
without the huge and heavy stock pressure plate, his clutch is probably quite a bit lighter than stock...would certainly help it to rev that quick, not to mention his tuned intake...

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Supraholics;1096272 said:
F.

Just because the rev out of your engine is unbelievable :biglaugh: Then I started looking at the shadows and movement as well as the sound and it seems like the videos had the play speed increased.

I want to believe you and if it is true then PLEASE tell me what that heck did you do to make this engine rev like that??? I want one ;)

EDIT: Let me give you a little bit of background on my thinking as well. Initially I was going with a twin turbo 7MGTE and have changed my route because I want my engine to rev like a GT car, or a sports bike, and it just seemed impossible to do with the 7M because of stroke and such. I wasn't able to find anyone that could do that.

Mig.

This is my secret...
kopplingbatteri001km9.jpg

kopplingbatteri005fp6.jpg

My clutch assembly weight 9,2 kg (~20lbs). Stock weight around 22 kg (45 lbs) .
But what really counts is the inertia. Because I've designed my flywheel with the clutch suffice close to the center (thicker there) and made it lighter on the outside. This gave my flywheel an inertia 4-6 times lower than stock, plus the Tilton clutch have much much lower inertia then the stock pressure plate because the lower weight and smaller radius.
To sum everything up... My clutch assembly have around 4 times lower inertia then the stock one. This will make it rev faster but it cant store as much energy as the stock one.

I will make a new video with a clock as soon as the road dries up.

/ Fredrik