eFFeT's Swedish Powered Supra MKIII

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
I love what youve done so far, it all looks great.I really think if your successful with the intake plenum youd have a niche market if you ever needed to make a little coin on the side.Looking forward to seeing more progress pics.:icon_bigg

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
amazing work

heh, no one is willing to give up the "little coin" that the manifold is worth really worth, I'm sure...

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
IJ.;1072688 said:
Very nice!

Have you measured the plenum/runner volume yet?

Nope. Not yet. I can do it next week if you wanna know.

theKnifeArtist;1072999 said:
great build!
so is it gonna be an open or recirculated wastegate? or are you gonna put somekind of a throttle flap there inbetween the joint points to switch it from open to recirculate on sunday mornings?, hehe

I'm going to start to mount it as an open wastegate. And when I get bored with all the noise I might mount it to be recirculating. If I get bored will say :icon_razz. No falps or anything, I have to change it manualy.

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
wiseco7mgt;1073083 said:
I love what youve done so far, it all looks great.I really think if your successful with the intake plenum youd have a niche market if you ever needed to make a little coin on the side.Looking forward to seeing more progress pics.:icon_bigg

Hehe.. that would be nice. But I dont think anyone is willing to pay for all the man hours thats behind all the work.

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
dsc00105nu8.jpg

dsc00106hh0.jpg

dsc00108aq5.jpg

dsc00113di4.jpg

dsc00115rk0.jpg

dsc00117im5.jpg

effet

Sep 15, 2006
Sweden/Arvidsjaur
Wohoo!!! I can only say one thing, it's ANGRY!!

Fixed the missfiering by changing the elektrod gap to 0,55mm.

But I have some heavy heating problems... driving at WOT in 10 sec will make the car overheat. :(

Other than the heating problems it runs fine. Boosting 1,5bar (22psi) now and climbing.
I almost shit my self the first time trying the car :D! hehe
No problem making the tires scream by just pressing down the throttle in third gear! :icon_twis

And the new intake is amazing! I had to rich the whole map by 15-20% to keep the same lambda as when I was using the stock intake and stock exhaust manifold.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
DAMN. that's amazing.

did you say you'd dress up the plenum? i think it looks cool like it is...

yay for progress! :D I also can't wait for a vid.

How many 7M-GTTE's are there out there? this is sweet...

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Poodles;1088126 said:
stock radiator + no shrouding + lots more HP = overheat...

He has twin thermos with a fan shroud to suck the air through which should be sufficent enough to not overheat, unless the radiator's a bit stuffed or the thermostats not opening properly.Remember he is wot for only 10 sec.

Sir_2jza70

Sock puppet master
May 10, 2005
Canberra, Australia
Awesome project! :D

Considering the A70 is such a heavy car, making an inlet manifold out of CF is an interesting choice, but damn its awesome!

PS. I think your heat problems are coming from the FMIC being so close to the radiator. A friend of mine had a very similar setup (but around the other way) he had endless cooling problems until he eventually fixed it by spreading them apart further. Only need 100mm or so for it to be effective.

Having that oil cooler heat exchanger in your water line probably isnt going to help either.

Infact youve got quite a few modifications adding heat to an otherwise stock cooling system, no wonder youre having trouble!