Code 52 doesn’t leave me alone

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
52in lbs. not ft.

Seems correct tho I see no mention of it in the tsrm. I've always just made them snug. They don't need to be super tight at all.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2016727 said:
did you get your problem sorted out?

I havent had a chance to look at it yet. I went out of town for the weekend.

I think it must be a ground because it is intermittent...I am going to check (maybe try a new) ground this weekend. If that doesnt work I am going to just get new sensors. and If that doesnt work I will buy another new harness from Shaeff...maybe I goofed mine up when I was blindly trying to connect the plugs.

I just need to get this fixed soon...I need to get my car tuned before SIV

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2016755 said:

I think it must be a ground because it is intermittent...I am going to check (maybe try a new) ground this weekend. If that doesnt work I am going to just get new sensors. and If that doesnt work I will buy another new harness from Shaeff...maybe I goofed mine up when I was blindly trying to connect the plugs.

still haven’t sorted my stuff out after sensors harness aaaand ecu believe it or not! good luck on yours, any guess of how much you’ll put out after the tune? pics and/or video would be nice :)

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2016864 said:
still haven’t sorted my stuff out after sensors harness aaaand ecu believe it or not! good luck on yours, any guess of how much you’ll put out after the tune? pics and/or video would be nice :)

I am hoping for 350 to the wheels...but I really have no idea. might be asking alot of the stock ct

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2016898 said:
I am hoping for 350 to the wheels...but I really have no idea. might be asking alot of the stock ct

i hear 350 is fun in our supras. i wish to get high 300s after a 57trim..after knock sensors tho haha

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Any luck man?

I relocated my ground to be under the bracket instead of just under the nut. Drove it to work yesterday and ran it through the gears pretty good, and no code. I still want to get more time on it to be sure, and since its intermittent I dont know how long to wait until I call the issue solved.

How did you do your ground?

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2017380 said:
Any luck man?

I relocated my ground to be under the bracket instead of just under the nut. Drove it to work yesterday and ran it through the gears pretty good, and no code. I still want to get more time on it to be sure, and since its intermittent I dont know how long to wait until I call the issue solved.

How did you do your ground?

i still have mine between the nut but ill try between like you said. But shaeff messages me and i told him were i got my knock sensor and he told me to try oem ones since aftermarket don’t seem to be good sometimes so I’m about to hit the junkyard and go on a quest for knock sensors haha
wish me luck

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
jony89;2017552 said:
i at least want to be to beat 350z’s keep up with 370s and maybe bmws or am i wishing for to much? haha

350z won't even be close unless they're full bolt ons. My friends 370z nismo didn't stand a chance against me with the 57 trim on.

ls1 gto's, lt1 camaros, foxbody-2004 mustangs, bolt on civics. These were fun to play with as long as they were basic bolt on as a full bolt on ls1 would probably win.

With my 57 trim, fastest thing I probably raced was a ls vtec swapped civic hatch. 12.5:1 wiseco pistons, eagle rods, 85mm bore with reinforced sleeves presssed in, skunk 2 pro 2 cams, skunk 2 intake manifold, hondata s200 to tune with. Tuned the car made 243 whp.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
IndigoMKII;2017646 said:
350z won't even be close unless they're full bolt ons. My friends 370z nismo didn't stand a chance against me with the 57 trim on.

ls1 gto's, lt1 camaros, foxbody-2004 mustangs, bolt on civics. These were fun to play with as long as they were basic bolt on as a full bolt on ls1 would probably win.

With my 57 trim, fastest thing I probably raced was a ls vtec swapped civic hatch. 12.5:1 wiseco pistons, eagle rods, 85mm bore with reinforced sleeves presssed in, skunk 2 pro 2 cams, skunk 2 intake manifold, hondata s200 to tune with. Tuned the car made 243 whp.

weight is everything for hondas haha hate when a 200hp civic beats a 300hp supra lol how much boost were you on the 57 trim and what did you tune with?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
DeMoN2318;2016755 said:

I doubt it's the ground, unless your car has grounding issues. jony89 had aftermarket sensors installed and they were the culprit. If you replace the sensors, find OEM ones, whether new or used. I have yet to see aftermarket sensors work properly in a 7M, and I have no idea why that is. No need to buy another harness, as we discussed via PM. I stand behind my work.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
shaeff;2017865 said:
I doubt it's the ground, unless your car has grounding issues. jony89 had aftermarket sensors installed and they were the culprit. If you replace the sensors, find OEM ones, whether new or used. I have yet to see aftermarket sensors work properly in a 7M, and I have no idea why that is. No need to buy another harness, as we discussed via PM. I stand behind my work.

The original place I had it grounded had some rust on the bracket (that I did not originally see) so I move it to under the bracket to more sandwich it between the body and the bracket.

I posted that before I saw your PM Shaeff, you 100% stand behind your work and provide world class communication and service.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
DeMoN2318;2017874 said:
The original place I had it grounded had some rust on the bracket (that I did not originally see) so I move it to under the bracket to more sandwich it between the body and the bracket.

I posted that before I saw your PM Shaeff, you 100% stand behind your work and provide world class communication and service.

All good! We'll get you all figured out sooner or later!

teedoff00

14 psi boost
Dec 5, 2007
Selah, WA
Any update with your Code 52 problems? I installed a different used front knock sensor and no codes for almost 2 days! But alas, now my code is back.
Before I was getting the CEL to come on every time I drove the car and was starting to come on shortly after starting. Now sometimes I drive to work and it doesn't come on, and on the way home it turns on almost as I pull into the drive way???

Any ideas? I guess this "new" used sensor I installed could be on its way out as well? I would assume the wiring is ok if I can't repeat the symptoms I had before I swapped the front sensor?

What do you guys think?

Thanks!