Code 52 doesn’t leave me alone

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
DeMoN2318;2010197 said:
Who said anything about it calculating anything?

Seriously?

How do you think it comes up with the correct pulse width and timing? By guessing? It is calculated with look up tables based on airflow and engine speed/position data.

DeMoN2318;2010072 said:
More air...more fuel...maintain idle AFRs...raises fuel cut.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2010225 said:
does anyone have bic down pipe they’d like to I’ve me their review about?

I have a BIC DDP and if I were to do it again I would get the recirculated one...the DDP is way loud when the wastegate opens

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Nick M;2010229 said:
Seriously?

How do you think it comes up with the correct pulse width and timing? By guessing? It is calculated with look up tables based on airflow and engine speed/position data.

Yea

So what's the questions here?

How it raises fuel cut? the housing is bigger and allows unmetered air...so it sends the same signal (voltage I think) to the ECU as it would if it were the stock housing...so the ECU says same pulse width and timing, but since the injectors are bigger you get more fuel per pulse...

Last edited:

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2010235 said:
I have a BIC DDP and if I were to do it again I would get the recirculated one...the DDP is way loud when the wastegate opens

get into trouble with it? as in cops and tickets?

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Alright I have another question, since im running 500cc inj with the lex mod iis it possible that im runing rich on idle but lean under boost? I cheked my plugs again moments ago and the rim is black but contcts are alittle lighter with some I guess u can say white. wish I had a wideband righy now

the car seems to fall on its face after 4k rpms then comes back, doesnt happen in 1st gear, 2nd gear jyst alittle and 3rd&4th is were its felt the most. I checked for codes but it just flashes rapidly so no codes

Any ideas?

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2010322 said:
Alright I have another question, since im running 500cc inj with the lex mod iis it possible that im runing rich on idle but lean under boost? I cheked my plugs again moments ago and the rim is black but contcts are alittle lighter with some I guess u can say white. wish I had a wideband righy now

the car seems to fall on its face after 4k rpms then comes back, doesnt happen in 1st gear, 2nd gear jyst alittle and 3rd&4th is were its felt the most. I checked for codes but it just flashes rapidly so no codes

Any ideas?

I would think you would be pretty lean all the time with 500s since the lex afm is usually paired with 550s...you will be getting the same amount of air normally paired with 550s but you will be getting less fuel with the 500s. Im not really sure though, I have heard the 550s run rich under boost so mabye 500s would run lean...

Did you ever check for the 12V mod?

Last edited:

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
all this can be corrected with a safc right? If i didn’t have 500s id definitely by 550s but i don’t see the point in the extra money assuming that it can be all corrected with a tune. And for the screw i should try putting it more in so it can be less lean? will it mae much of a difference?And did these screws come with a screw driver insert, cause mine didn’t have one so its hard to twist in and out. I bought it off a member on here

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Yea, you can tune it with a SAFC.

Usually people use a dremel to create a slot for a flat head screw driver...

In would make it less lean, but if you are going to tune with a SAFC, then just set it and leave it.

I think all the way out will allow more boost since that will allow the maximum amount of unmetered air to pass

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
DeMoN2318;2010702 said:
Yea, you can tune it with a SAFC.

Usually people use a dremel to create a slot for a flat head screw driver...

In would make it less lean, but if you are going to tune with a SAFC, then just set it and leave it.

I think all the way out will allow more boost since that will allow the maximum amount of unmetered air to pass

All the way out will make it even more lean.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
IndigoMKII;2010719 said:
All the way out will make it even more lean.

Right, but if he is getting it tuned with a SAFC then it wont be dangerous...assuming it is tuned correctly

In the meantime before he gets it tuned he should turn it all the ways in

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
yeah tomorrow is my day off so I’m going to work on all the little nick nacks that bother me on the car and try to put that screw more in for the meenwhile. So for I’m enjoying my car and hard work except for the mpgs lol hopefully it gets better with a tune

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
well I’m back pretty pissed off sad angry and everything else.
code 52 really really doesn’t want to leave me alone. even after i installed new knock sensors and a harness from shaeff. took the efi fuse of for more then a minute but still that stupid pos code comes back! i don’t get it guys what am i missing?