Code 52 doesn’t leave me alone

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
Ill post the numver tomorow morning, but yes I know I need a wide band and tuning device and yes I will eventualy get it but not everyone can get what they need when they want to..hint hint
I dont have a chunk of money to spend at once thts why it takes awhile to progress.

but hopefuly it came with the right inj.s

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I'll put money on them being Part Number: PL9-0550
any takers?
I had (ok still have) code 52 and the car runs like ass, especially if you try to get above 4k rpm or more that 35% throttle.
shielded cable is not expensive you can find old networking 10 base T cable for free or even use 18 gauge speaker wire.
follow this link http://oldschool.supracentral.com/htm/knock.htm

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2010008 said:
Ill post the numver tomorow morning, but yes I know I need a wide band and tuning device and yes I will eventualy get it but not everyone can get what they need when they want to..hint hint
I dont have a chunk of money to spend at once thts why it takes awhile to progress.

but hopefuly it came with the right inj.s

be a jerk to people who are trying to help you...brilliant

I guess some people are different than others...I know most people would rather be able to monitor their motors to make sure they are healthy before they start to bump up the power and start slapping on mods that they know nothing about

Your Lex and 550 mod is pretty much useless with the stock exhaust btw....You can pump all the air and fuel in that you want, but if you cant get rid of it then you wont make more power...Engines are just airpumps...

Fix the code 52...the right way...then come back and we can help you with your other issues.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
First few steps to mod a vehicle are always the most neglected. People think when you just start installing new parts that it'll cover the old problems.

Step one. Make sure your vehicle is healthy enough to think of modifying it. You can start by doing a compression check.
Step two. Do ALL of your basic maintenance needs IE change oil, spark plugs, radiator flush, belts and hoses etc etc.
Step three. Make sure all of your suspension and brakes are functioning properly. What's the point of having a fast car if you can't handle or stop, just because you don't care doesn't mean you need to hurt someone else in the process.
Step four. Do your most basic mods first. Free up the air flow, full exhaust and the apexi filter will give you the biggest gains for cheap. With a full exhaust including a down pipe with the integrated elbow, you won't need a MBC as the less back-pressure will raise the pressure a few PSI.
Step five. After you've helped the engine breathe a little better, lets get some gauges to monitor a few things. AFR, oil pressure and oil temp. Yes I know the stock gauge cluster has an oil pressure gauge but I'm not so crazy about it.

With a few bolt on parts on a healthy engine, you can get to 300 whp off of the stock ct26 without much cash invested.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
DeMoN2318;2010044 said:
Your Lex and 550 mod is pretty much useless with the stock exhaust.

So I take you have no idea why the 1UZFE (Lex for Toyota Motor Sales) meter and 550 injectors are used.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
Nick M;2010070 said:
So I take you have no idea why the 1UZFE (Lex for Toyota Motor Sales) meter and 550 injectors are used.

More air...more fuel...maintain idle AFRs...raises fuel cut.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Nick M;2010070 said:

I think the point he was trying to make is that it's utterly stupid to raise fuel cut for stock exhaust.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
DeMoN2318;2010044 said:
be a jerk to people who are trying to help you...brilliant

I guess some people are different than others...I know most people would rather be able to monitor their motors to make sure they are healthy before they start to bump up the power and start slapping on mods that they know nothing about

Your Lex and 550 mod is pretty much useless with the stock exhaust btw....You can pump all the air and fuel in that you want, but if you cant get rid of it then you wont make more power...Engines are just airpumps...

Fix the code 52...the right way...then come back and we can help you with your other issues.

no man I’m not trying to be a jerk, what I’m trying to make you see is that not everyone can get all these thing when they need it. Trust me i know i need to open up my exhaust,ic setup,tune,.etc why haven’t i done it? I’m a student and work part time so time and money is not on my side yet so i get what i need when i can.
I appreciate all your help and everyone else’s.

as of code 52 it is gone and the least of my worries now, i went back and covered all the wire with loom just for a little more protection

Hey IndigomkIII
great info and so far i have checked off steps 1-3 on your list. I have put fresh oils (engine,tranny,diff) and coolant 600miles ago. Sparkplugs were put in swell but as well. Since i rebuilt the motor there is brand new everything. New seals, belts, hoses, every single vacuum line is new also.The car is very healthy as for maintenance
I plan to order a bic down pipe this friday and a better IC setup soon after, but like i said before i can’t get it all at once so bare with me

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
atmperformance;2010009 said:
I'll put money on them being Part Number: PL9-0550
any takers?
I had (ok still have) code 52 and the car runs like ass, especially if you try to get above 4k rpm or more that 35% throttle.
shielded cable is not expensive you can find old networking 10 base T cable for free or even use 18 gauge speaker wire.
follow this link http://oldschool.supracentral.com/htm/knock.htm

they were pl8-500, so what does that make them? like i said these were on the motor when i bought it so I’m not sure what they are

atmperformance

Sep 17, 2013
San jose
I looked around and it appears pl8-500s are a thing. They are either long discontinued or less likely but still possible a china replica.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
jony89;2010170 said:
yeah man i kid you not theres two zeros after the five haha id post a picture but its to much of a hassle just for a darn pic.
what would have happened if they weren’t impedance? I’ve read some stuff about that before but can’t remember.

If they were High Impedence injectors you would have to remove the injector resistors. But the ones you have are low impedence so you should be good.

jony89

Oct 20, 2013
LongBeach
atmperformance;2010175 said:
I looked around and it appears pl8-500s are a thing. They are either long discontinued or less likely but still possible a china replica.

would’ve lost your money on your bet haha well the ones i have look exactly like the ones on the attached website and when i had them off they seemed like good quality. i had them cleaned before i put them back by a friend who rebuilds injectors.