Chambers Build Thread - "Daily Eighty-Seven"

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Nghty89;1682859 said:
You're lucky I was in my storage unit tonight and knew you didn't steal those from me... LOL jk

I picked up the exact same rims a couple months back for my new chassis, silver polished lip and gun metal center spokes. I traded a used 2jzge block for them. They're originally mustang style rims, but I plan on repainting the center caps with the mkiii outline logo. They remind me of the Torq Thrust style rims from American Racing: http://refer.adultwork.com/?R=1129957&T=1129957

IMHO, some of the best looking rims for a mkiii supra when done just right. Good luck, can't wait to see it rolling with them on!

Ahh, that link doesn't look like American Racing wheels bud, and yea these wheels are slick! I was going to go with the American Racing wheels equivalent, but these found me before I bought the "real" ones and I got different center caps that say "4.0" witch was ironic because the 1UZ is a 4.0. Thanks for the comment.

spencyg;1682966 said:
Those are the EXACT wheels I am planning on for my car. Very cool choice!

SG in NE

Nice, and thanks!

Heres a update on the swap progress. Moved all the Supra swap oriented parts over to the new engine, put the unused parts back on the original one. Before I mounted the engine I removed the remainder of the AC components, I had to stop kidding my self, the possibility of me getting the AC to work on this particular car was slim to none so I cut losses of time and money by removing it. Swapped out the Supra brake master cylinder for a 85 Toyota NA Truck booster, it would not fit upsidown so there is some extra hose to connect it to the engine, but it works. Then I mounted the engine, with new engine mounts it was a PITA, had to remove the front wheels and pull the mount stud in place with a rope and drop it in its home. Then fought with the tranny for a while trying to get it to line up to the clutch disk and pilot bearing, but with some massaging it went together. After that it was drive shaft, exhaust, then tieing up any loose ends in the engine bay. Put fresh fluids in, and let her roar! First thing I noticed was the clutch slave cylinder chattering, so it needs to be replaced but I let it warm up and had plenty of oils on the heat shields and it was shooting some smoke out, made my eyes almost pop out of my head when I saw it pumping out from under the closed hood! Smoked subsided, so I took it for a drive, and just in time for the rain, yay! :(. It sounded different, much more healthy, and it pulled quite good. The clutch feels decent but like the pedal needs to be adjusted. The brakes feel a little more stiff, but I like it, I feel like I can feel the car better with the smaller booster on. There were a few hiccups through out the whole process, but they seemed to work out so far. Going to try to drive it the hour to work tomorrow, wish me luck, now onto pics:

img4817p.jpg

img4859l.jpg

img4860d.jpg

img4857.jpg

img4853o.jpg

img4852t.jpg

img4841k.jpg

img4850t.jpg

img4836.jpg

img4828q.jpg

img4824s.jpg

img4839ry.jpg

img4820d.jpg

img4822j.jpg

img4866j.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Chambers;1683135 said:
Ahh, that link doesn't look like American Racing wheels bud, and yea these wheels are slick! I was going to go with the American Racing wheels equivalent, but these found me before I bought the "real" ones and I got different center caps that say "4.0" witch was ironic because the 1UZ is a 4.0. Thanks for the comment.

Dear GOD I have no idea how that link was put in there..... I changed my post to reflect the correct one. I was like 'que?', and then looked at the quote from me.... LMAO

Here it is again: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&...ch:1&sa=1&q=torq+thrust&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=

Congrats on driving it! Keep it up!

But really, I was like... :confused:.... :eek3:.... :yikes: :runaway:

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
I stayed up late and finished up my final iteration of my swap harness for the dash. All points of connection are soldered and protected with heat wrap and conduit. I'm proud of my self for this one, its simple, and kills all those unnecessary wires. Also ordered a set of tires, chose a set of Hankook Ventus V12, I read good things after the 500 mile break in period. 225/45/R17, hears hoping they fit with no issues.

img4911f.jpg

img4906e.jpg

1020667b.jpg

1020668r.jpg

1020674.jpg

Drift4agze

Feb 2, 2011
Arizona
Looked at the whole build from front to back. I love your car and engine setup. Your going to love the boost with all that stump pulling torque.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Drift4agze;1694405 said:
Looked at the whole build from front to back. I love your car and engine setup. Your going to love the boost with all that stump pulling torque.

Thanks! Yea, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some boost.

Got a update, did a almost complete rehab on the electrical systems for the swap. Installed my new harness in the engine bay and dash. The new dash harness fits like a glove, all those excess wires took up a lot of space. Also addressed my starting problem, it started to do the "click of death" with no starter turn over. SO! I talked to a local member that had a turbo timer harness, and I popped it in and voided the whole dash for the starter circuit. Previously I had the band aid on it, the stock circuit feeding a exciter wire to another relay but I would still get a long 2 - 3 second pause before the starter would turn. So now I have the start wire running directly to the exciter on the relay and so far its worked perfectly. Finally I was getting tired of my dome light not energizing all the time when the doors opened, so I drilled out the rivets with a 7/64 drill bit and threaded a M3 1.25x6 machine screw into both and now they work and are even brighter than previously.

In the middle of wiring:

img0001bz.jpg

New dash harness in:

img0003vu.jpg

Turbo timer harness minus the timer:

img0009xtt.jpg

Dome light before:

img0012qd.jpg

Dome light after:

img0015tw.jpg

img0017wm.jpg

So all I have left to clean up wiring wise is the electric fan relay and harness. Then its just driving it more... :)

Thanks for looking!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
I was able to get a few more things cleaned up on the car recently, I got a much shorter throttle cable which allowed me to put the "TRAC" cover on. Then I addressed my starter issue, the ol turnkey-click-no start syndrome. I rewired the temporary relay to be a more perniment fixture with a nice new fuse holder/ fuse. I also did a complete overhaul on my electric fan set up, now I have two relays one for each fan. And I plan to get a new camera soon...

img00571x.jpg

img00581b.jpg

img00561.jpg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
On Friday a friend of mine offered to help put the Eibach lower springs and Tokico struts on and I said hell yes! Didn't take to long, and so far I'm LOVING the way it feels. Its going to be wet and rainy for the next week to week and a half so I cant even really get a feel for them yet. Wheels should be coming soon. Thanks for looking!

img0252gg.jpg

img0254q.jpg