Chambers Build Thread - "Daily Eighty-Seven"

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
Initial measurement showed 1" front and .5" rear, its great, it still looks like stock suspension but gives a lot better feel and look than the stock springs did. I guess its sits about as high as my stock 89 did. After putting almost 18k miles on this car and working on it all the time, the 1 and .5 was more than noticeable. The engine bay requires a little more bending to get to now.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
wow... that actually sounds perfect to me, the streets round here are not conducive for slammed status... thanks man!!!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Yea, for a daily driver super low is not good.

Got an update, got my wheels mounted with tires. Had to order hub centric rings that were Toyota-Ford.

img0032wa.jpg

img0034rc.jpg

img0042i.jpg

img0002vxe.jpg

img0010wm.jpg

img0011qc.jpg

img0023wg.jpg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Thanks.

On my way home last night i heard a "POP-PSh" I thought it was one of the other cars around me but when I went out and started the car this morning the clutch pedal went to the floor. So this will be the second failure I have had with the Howe throwout bearing, I have a spare Howe unit that I'm going to use to get to the meet down in VA but dam, I need to upgrade...

RedPhoenix

Kill it with fire!
Sep 23, 2009
Tampa, FL
No idea what it is with those Howe bearings, they are just garbage. We are not the only ones having issues with them. A lot of Neon guys are too.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Worked on the oil cooler today, got it mounted primed and pumping. It seems to be working great, other than a small leak at the connections on the cooler, Just got back from a run around town so when it cools I'm going to put a little more torque on them to see if that solves the issue.

Also put in a tach driver from a 89 Celica, it just about bolts right in. The only weird thing is now the needle jumps when I hit just about any electrical switch in the car, maybe the Celica driver needs the tach motor as well? Or maybe there is a noise filter that the Celica has but the Supra does not. I'm not sure but I was able to drop that honky tach on the dash so now it looks absolutely factory.

And I have a few random recent pics.

img0183fx.jpg

img0187o.jpg

7M-GE w/ Auto Trans tach:
img0173fm.jpg

Celica tach driver:
img0170dp.jpg

Celica tach driver doent mount to the tach but still bolts onto the cluster:
img0178eb.jpg

img0168yr.jpg

img0167yr.jpg

img0166c.jpg

img0179dd.jpg

img0164ov.jpg

img0165xr.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Yesterday I modified the stock mount for the Charcoal Canister and got it mounted and plumbed. I also unplugged my MAF and plugged it back in and the hesitations has seemed to diminished drastically, so I pulled it apart again today and cleaned the pins with a Emory board, I'm going to go see if it made a difference here soon, and finally I cut down the stock glove box liner so the little light would have a place to live and the latch would close and release correctly.

img0236df.jpg

img0235uo.jpg

img0229gn.jpg

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Well... There goes another... Slave cylinder that is... Clutch was slipping today, lucky I made it home before the clutch pedal didnt return... So now I will upgrade to a Quarter Master slave cylinder and see how that goes...

img0263bq.jpg