1990 Toyota Supra Turbo Buildup - Satans Little Helper...

What will happen when i turn the key?

• Total voters

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Kai;1458614 said:
Ian - started off as an angioplasty....but then V-tach kicked in, yo. I now have a 7cm scar down me :/

Kristel - my courtyard is a damp, lifeless mess! :(

Ahh only a little scar then ;)

They go in at the arm or the groin for the angio?

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
The car has a loooong way to go yet. Interior problems are just some of the niggles i can get out of the way. The annoying thing at the moment, is that despite a new bulb, the rear luggage compartment light refuses to actually work. Very queer.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Update:

And here we have some 75% finished cam covers!

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1899.jpg

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Build thread is on hold. Maybe indefinitely.

I don't know about you guys, but after a string of problems, i've yet again become disheartened with the car. The latest oil leak and impending engine death (we all know what happens to 7M's that run low on oil) have pushed me to a crossroads. I would really like to get this car done, and finish it to a GOOD standard. But on the other hand, i can't keep shovelling money into it. You fix one thing, and another two break. You fix those, and something else crops up.

Parts are incredibly hard to come by these days, and the stuff that's still available is getting progressively more expensive. ARGH.

I also need help with stuff. Yeah, i know i've been in the Supra game for 4 years now, and maybe i should have done 'more' - but i'm cautious by nature. When it comes down to it, if i only have one of something, particularly something expensive, i'm reluctant to touch it, for fear of royally fucking it up, and being substantially out of pocket.

Jesus. Sometimes, i just want this house of mine to sell, so i can take the money, throw £25,000 at the Makela Auto Tuning in finland www.mat.fi and have them strip it and rebuild it.

*sigh* :: wah ::

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
kai...youre engine is running and isnt rodknocked so whats your issues buddy? a simple oil leak is not hard to deal with and hell just keep a closer eye on your oil! dont give up over something so minor...these cars are old yes...but remember....every time you replace a part thats one less part needing replaced! take the advice i gave you in the other thread and pound that bitch out!

what you need to do is have an american friend order you a shit load of parts here in america and ship them over to you....should work out to be cheaper...gaskets etc...if an engine is running then obviously there is hope...its not like you have a bent valve or melted piston...you have an oil leak...i wish my turbo cars only problem was an oil leak!!!! you can replace anything in the oil system while the engine is still in the car so its not that big a deal bro....shim your oil pump, comvert to a full flow thermo controled oil cooler set up and watch your oil pressure skyrocket!!!!

AND KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR OIL!!!!!!!!

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
Kai;1502293 said:
7M paranoia. It's that 'if it's been run low on oil, doesn't matter how okay it sounds now, it's DOOMED' feeling.

my na 7m i have put threw hell...twice i litterally ran it so low on oil that the oil needle was rising and falling...engine rattled like crazy....limped to a gas station and filled with oil...still running strong for over a year! i was only going like 10 mph each time so engine rpm was very low but still....if the engine aint rod knocked then youre good....it may run strong for another 20 years man...dont fix what aint broke! dont give up cause you assume the worst!

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
my heat dont work unless i maintain a 3000rpm or higher as i keep getting air in my cooling system....every so often after i drive home from work ill look at the oil cap and it will have a milkshake look but the dipstick still has nice oil...so im sure i have a blown headgasket although it may not be sever....i have to top off the cooling system ever two weeks....i have the horrible waterfall sound behind the dash....a month ago my fan clutch failed and the car overheated and its still running strong for over a year lol

you think your car is bad....brother i got news for ya lol....and i own two mkiii's...dont give up...and dont panic. start worrying only when shit actually breaks.

keep your stick on the ice!