ZTO logs from dyno & drag

moorman

Not a Lurker, Voyeuristic
May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
For you data junkies I thought I'd post my wideband logs from the silv dyno & drag. Wideband sensor is located in my downpipe pre-cat. AFR's varied from the dyno's wideband (placed post-cat) by 1, where the dyno read 12.5:1, the zt-2 read 11.5:1.

First one is from the dyno. 348rwhp 370rwtq @ roughly 13psi. Boost spikes bit, then gradually settles to 11psi.

http://members.provalue.net/moon/dyno/silv_dyno.zto

Next is from the drags where I got incredibly lucky on a really sticky track, running 12.86 @ 110. Boost was more even on the strip than on the dyno, settling quickly to 11.5psi and staying there.

http://members.provalue.net/moon/dyno/silv_drag.zto

Weighed the car at the track and with me in it (at 250lbs) total weight was 3390lbs. Had roughly 1/4 tank of gas.

Last edited:

moorman

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
moorman_silv_dyno.jpg

moorman_silv_dragslip.jpg

moorman

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
members.provalue.net
Blue87T(Dan) said:
Did you up the boost in the second run? What type of boost controller are you using and what was the target boost number for both runs?

Once again, nice job.

Dan

Yes, upped the boost by 1psi for the second run....couldn't let Bob Sully beat me out by 3/10ths of a HP ;) (he was a good sport about it)

Boost controller is a Dawes Devices basic MBC, so there isn't really a target boost. An EBC would be better, found the boost to increase when I came back home to sea level. ~12psi in Vegas (~2100ft) became ~15psi back home. A/F's also changed at WOT, before Vegas I had tuned for 11.5:1....arrived in Vegas and it became 13.6:1. Reverse was true coming home; re-tuned in Vegas for 11.5:1 and back home it dropped to 10.2:1

...I wonder if it isn't the altitude changing the A/F's, but the temps, since I have the AFM intake temp bypassed w/ a resistor so it always thinks it's 68deg. (I found doing this made the power output feel much less variable...on hot days the car would feel doggy, now it feels more consistent)