Your 1JZ-GTE And 2JZ-GTE Swap Guide For Dummies Discussion Thread!

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
thanks, 1.) I may have to try harder to identify wire colours/pin out since diagram didn't match actual connector

2.) the JZA70 a 92 and the MA70 an 87..

3.)B4 connector is in that photo... was part of the 7MGTE harness that connected to the dash harness, 3 pin connector,

4.) its the last note in the little legend box, bottom left corner of the IG1, just curious.. I mean brake lamps aren't a big deal.. right?

5.) thanks

6.) thanks

attempting to end up with a functioning A/C...

S.A. supra;1940255 said:
1. If I'm not mistaken the a/c amp is tucked up above where the ecu is mounted. I just saw that the plugs don't look the same.

2. What year is your car?

3. What is the B4 connector? ???

4. Where do you see this? ^ IG1 1JZ side to switch on brake pedal - optional? is this for cruise control, or brake lamps? because I plan on deleting cruise control...

5. C1-6 is not used

6. Yes all three go together.

this should help with glove box progress... last few questions...

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
jarheal;1940480 said:
how much would a swap be

All depends on your personal level of cleanliness. You can go cheap and have everything done Shitty or you can double the budget and do it proper.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Its been like that for a little while. Ive forgotten whos site it is too.

What are you looking for specifically?

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
I've noticed but I didn't expect to do any wiring (was going to get a made harness) till just recently.

I've got a deadline for my swap. Trying to get my JZA70 1JZ to plug n' play in my 86.5 MA70 and drive it to the Toronto meets in on the 15th-17th. But I cannot find the wiring information for the life of me, on any site.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You really only need the ecu pin outs and the ma70 body plug pin outs.

The rest you can figure out with a multi meter. Not too hard. Just verify by color wire and then use the ohm meter and make sure you have continuity as there are multiples of the same color wire.

Off the top of my head oil pressure, water temp, you could easily ohm.
Starter wire is a easy one.
Alternator goes to the fuse box.
C1 gets added in with b+ going to anywhere in that circuit like the diag box.
Mrel and batt go all the way to the ecu(where a pinout is easily searched on google.).
Heater valve and reverse and abs all get added in easily.
Tach come from igniter iirc its a purple wire.
Igsw goes through the body connector to the ecu(pinout)

after those it should run. But i think there is a couple other wires for a couple other things but im not sure with 86.5

87supramario

Jul 15, 2011
Niagara falls
Thanks again hvyman. I did find the info I needed. So far nothing is much different for the 86.5, thank god. I have no B2 plug since those options where never chosen by original owner. :)

I found some the PDF files I was looking for, attached in post #21 at the bottom in here http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Trouble/page3&highlight=jza70+wiring+diagram

EDIT: Awesome! I've also been looking for this link too. It almost has everything I need for this swap. Just missing the pre89 TSRM but I also have that now.

S.A. supra;2017129 said:
This is the ultimate jza70 site. Everything you need to know. http://web.archive.org/web/20051227112114/www.1jz-gte.us/92Supra6.html

Thanks guys! I have some updating to do in my build thread. The 7MGE and W58 is out and sold and the engine bay is painted and ready to rock!