Your 1JZ-GTE And 2JZ-GTE Swap Guide For Dummies Discussion Thread!

AE86BLISS

Oldschool FTW!
Mar 19, 2011
MI
I need a little help figuring out the ECU part of this swap. I got a 98 aristo 2jz vvit. The question I have is, Should I stay with the aristo ECU or go to the Supra ECU. I don't want to lose the VVTI and I'm trying to figure out what is my best bet in the long run. I sent the harness to Tweak and I'm awaiting his call but I'm hoping to gather the needed info so I can deside what ecu harness plug to go with.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
there should be a part in the motor mount section where it warns you that you'll have to beat the firewall a bit, otherwise the rear turbo hit the firewall and you can't even get close to dropping the mount in the subframe. Just so it doesn't get worrying when it doesn't trop right in

at least with the DM 86.5-89 mounts.

BurntBisquit763

Aug 2, 2011
Minny Soda
shipkiller;1861618 said:
there should be a part in the motor mount section where it warns you that you'll have to beat the firewall a bit, otherwise the rear turbo hit the firewall and you can't even get close to dropping the mount in the subframe. Just so it doesn't get worrying when it doesn't trop right in

at least with the DM 86.5-89 mounts.
Is that just for the 2jz swaps? i think the 1jz you dont have too

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
1jz you don't have to bang firewall.

For a/c you need to grind power steering bracket so the top mount(the part the lines bolt to) can fit on as you have to use the 7m top.

paulb1320

Apr 21, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hi guys I have a few questions about my swap and I'm hoping you guys can help me out
1) I'm following the thread on wiring a soarer 1jz and I am confused about the black and yellow wire on B1. it says "Black/Yellow – Black/Yellow from plug on engine harness loom (VSV Water)" can someone tell me where that plug would be and what it would look like.

2) What connects to this barb? it is on the intake side close to the back of the engine
p1864466_1.jpg

3) Where does this line go?
p1864466_2.jpg

4)What is this, and what line(s) go into it
p1864466_3.jpg

5) What is this and where does it go?
p1864466_4.jpg

If someone could help me out with these I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
1)Not sure about the Soarer but is the heater valve electrical like our cars that use a VSV? If so, it should be closest to the engine harness ECU plugs.

2) Coolant Line. Nipple on the front of the head that it goes to if you want to bypass all the ISCV and throttle body coolant lines

3) Heater Core Lines

4) Better picture? It looks like the heater valve though but maybe it's different for the Japan cars?

5) It is a sensor but there is nothing like that for the engine. Cam sensors are two bolts and crank sensor has a harness coming from it and this has neither of those.

paulb1320

Apr 21, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Thank you, I'll get a better picture of #4, and #5 was given to me with the engine I couldn't find anything for it on the engine I think the seller just threw it in with the engine thinking that it belonged.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
I forgot how the stock one was mounted... My ecu has been sitting on the floor for a few months, and now I wanna finish putting the interior together but idk where to mount the ecu lol

Rene Blub

Dec 2, 2011
Graz, Austria, Austria
Helloo
i have done my swap but now i have no + on vsvs and O2 heater..... i think i miss the wires to the fuse box in the engine room!
can anyone make me sme pictures where i need to do waht ...
and i think one plug is broken off there....

i hope u understand me waht i need :)
oh and my is an aristo 2jzgte

and my mk3 is 90

greatings and thanks

Jake_ak_cent

May 19, 2011
Utah
I have a question that I have yet to find an answer to. Is there any way to convert a front sump 1JZ to a rear sump so it would work for the swap? I know probably not the most advisable idea, but if you could get a really good deal on the former, it may be worth knowing.