You know you're a Supra owner when...

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
...you can quote all of your cars specs, but can't remember your anniversary.
...You look at your boost gauge more than your spedometer.
...your time slip says you trapped at 130+ but your 60ft. is 3 seconds.
...you get an empty feeling inside when you can't visit the forum at least once a day or when the board is down for maintanance.
...You peek in the garage every hour just to see if your car is ok.
...you are introduced to new people by your friend as the "guy who owns the supra".
...you make her swallow so as to not stain the interior.
...you see another supra, wave, smile, and for that one moment you both are thinking the exact same thing........damn, that is one sexy car.
...when traction doesn't exsist until third gear.
...when you get your pay check, and the only thing you think about it what mod to do next.
...you just spent all your money on your car that you can't even go out to eat and you don't care.
...you spend 6 hours in thecold finding and solving the boost leak.
...constantly browes vendors' websites and dream about parts you will be getting in few months or so.
...you wake up your whole neighborhood coming back home at 4 am coz your car is just too fuckin loud.
...When you refer to everything in life unmodified as "stock".

took some from the socal thread

Last edited:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
You know more about someone else's Supra than your own from watching them build it up step-by-step, breaking it, tearing it down, putting it back together, just to do it all over again.

I think we all know who I'm talking about here ;).

FoolishOne

May 14, 2006
Bel Air, MD
s0ulstar said:
...you are introduced to new people by your friend as the "guy who owns the supra".
...you see another supra, wave, smile, and for that one moment you both are thinking the exact same thing........damn, that is one sexy car.
...When you refer to everything in life unmodified as "stock".

Guilty as charged.

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
When you pay about $400 to rent a U-Haul and auto transport (with gas and food stops), then get up at 2:00 AM to drive 8 1/2 hours and 442 miles, just so you can get the engine swap done by someone who actually KNOWS what they're doing.

As you're leaving the shop, you pet the car gently, talk to her softly, promise her everything is going to be okay, and give her a kiss goodbye. :wtc:

When you get home and are deeply saddened that she's not home right now.

But damn is it good to be back home. :D

(I did this today to get the car to Driftmotion for the 1JZ swap)

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
When you get nervous at any rise in temp hoping its not another BHG.

When friends get in the car and complain about the smell of burning oil and coolant. And you cant even smell it anymore.

...you get an empty feeling inside when you can't visit the forum at least once a day or when the board is down for maintenance.
...you just spent all your money on your car that you can't even go out to eat and you don't care.
...you spend 6 hours in the cold finding and solving the boost leak.
...constantly browse vendors' websites and dream about parts you will be getting in few months or so.
SO GUILTY OF ALL OF THOSE!

BlackMKIII

Hardcore Lurker
Jan 6, 2007
Norman, Oklahoma
www.facebook.com
When your car is 400 miles away being worked on because you "didn't want to f#ck it up worse than it already was."

You realize how hard it would have been to "f#ck it up worse than it already was."

You peek at your bank account daily wondering "Can I afford that yet?"

You have a savings account named "Car Fund."

Your car isn't done yet, and you're already planning "what's next."

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
this is what you see on your weekend off..........
p830849_1.jpg

this is your "typical day at work"..............
p830849_2.jpg

mk3_supra

Jun 14, 2006
vancouver
empera said:
wen u carry around a "supra stick" to hold up ur hood wen workin in engine bay ;) (yes we call it the "supra stick")

*oh yes and i added a cometic sticker to it....lol*
HAHA had a good laugh to this one
there's my supra stick
before that came along used The Club to keep hood up

p830868_1.jpg