You know you're a Supra owner when...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Nick M;1818422 said:
When you read that somebody went through 30 quarts of oil in just 400 miles.
I wouldn't think a rotary attempting to burn diesel fuel would run through that much oil... :nono:

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
...you will give up your running LS400 for a Supra with BHG because you know everything that will need replacing and can do it on the weekend.

...those old parts you've held onto since you've owned your last Supra will finally get used.

:D

Eman14j

O help me, Oprah Winfrey!
Nov 7, 2008
Prescott Valley, AZ
... You can find more reliable/trustworthy parts for less outside of toyota parts dealer

... You have to tell your local mechanic that stock specs for the 7mgte head bolts are for uninformed gents ;-)

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
....When you can walk into a parts store and they can damn near recall every part that you've bought for your Supra within the past 3 months.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
When you've been running open downpipe for so long you can't remember how long it's been... & you have gotten use to the LOUD exhaust & you have 2 Cruisers behind you & one right besides you on a red light & they don't pull you over for the loud exhaust. yet there's a civic that passes by your home often & it's loud as shit & you eventually see it get pulled over & a day or two later its quiet. :icon_mrgr

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
the guys at the local napa/parts source put you on a annonymous cash jobber account to give you the %30 discounted rate because your there so often..

^but not the local cut throat toyota dealer...

jdmfreak

PACNW
Oct 8, 2010
north clark co. WA.
#04;1825295 said:
the guys at the local napa/parts source put you on a annonymous cash jobber account to give you the %30 discounted rate because your there so often..

^but not the local cut throat toyota dealer...

Lol mccord Toyota in Vancouver will give you a hell of a discount just for owning a supra:) often more than 50%

Sent from my C771

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
jdmfreak;1825336 said:
Lol mccord Toyota in Vancouver will give you a hell of a discount just for owning a supra:) often more than 50%

Sent from my C771

Are you serious or just bull shitting? I'd kill for a 50% discount from the stealership :icon_frow

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
87silverbullitt;1825586 said:
When you get SMS messages from your girlfriend while at work saying she saw another mk3 on the road just to make my day :)

i want mine to start doing that :( but she does hate all the douches that stare down my car, but im giving and not so hateful, so i give them a window full of wide open wastegate

TRDownShift

Sep 19, 2010
Austin, Texas, United States
Holy shit lol I did the same thing... Had a great running 90 LS400 with TEMS and everything.... came on hard times... one car had to go... and the supra with BHG was the one to stay lol

A-to-the-J;1821163 said:
...you will give up your running LS400 for a Supra with BHG because you know everything that will need replacing and can do it on the weekend.

...those old parts you've held onto since you've owned your last Supra will finally get used.

:D

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
TRDownShift;1826047 said:
Holy shit lol I did the same thing... Had a great running 90 LS400 with TEMS and everything.... came on hard times... one car had to go... and the supra with BHG was the one to stay lol

I gave up the BHG Supra on hopes for another that this one guy is selling...Turbo, 5-speed for a NICE price.

Back on topic....

When you have a parts list of things you WANT and another one for things you can actually afford.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
A-to-the-J;1826572 said:
I gave up the BHG Supra on hopes for another that this one guy is selling...Turbo, 5-speed for a NICE price.

Back on topic....

When you have a parts list of things you WANT and another one for things you can actually afford.

When those lists are one in the same ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IJ.;1826573 said:
When those lists are one in the same ;)
Same here, just takes time really... and patience, which I'll admit can be difficult with a Supra. So much awesome, right at your fingertips...