You know you're a Supra owner when...

mischief7m

Broke and Lovin It
Sep 13, 2007
Central Ma / Cape Cod Ma
your supra means more than anything in the world to you. when you can't look any part of your supra without seeing something that you have done custom, that no one but you understands. then you truly own a mkiii.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
MikesFixedRoof;1802156 said:
You realize that after 3 years, your car has subliminally trained you to drive with one eye on the temp gauge, and one eye on the boost gauge.

After you think you have the cooling system sorted out and you start to relax on watching the temp gauge, your Supra will strike you down. My radiator cap and then my thermostatic fan controller have failed in the last two weeks, bringing 3/4+-gauge-Oh-Sh!t-get-off-the-road-shut-it-off-moments.

...When you realize you actually need warning gauges for everything important.

MikesFixedRoof

Mar 23, 2009
Queens, NY
JPsToyota;1802161 said:
After you think you have the cooling system sorted out and you start to relax on watching the temp gauge, your Supra will strike you down. My radiator cap and then my thermostatic fan controller have failed in the last two weeks, bringing 3/4+-gauge-Oh-Sh!t-get-off-the-road-shut-it-off-moments.

...When you realize you actually need warning gauges for everything important.

And when she does, she strikes down upon you with great vengeance and furious anger lol D:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1802174 said:
You are a Supra wonder when you realize the fan clutch is better than any electric fan.
You might be a smart Supra owner if you happen to have a JZ and PWR radiator, and can't *fit* a clutch fan setup in your car anymore, so you make due with a well-sorted OEM fan setup that flows enough (if not more) to make up for it. ;)

Supra Chick;1802357 said:
When you use your (girls) or your girlfriends (guys) make up brush to clean the vents and tight buttons in the interior.

View attachment 55555
That's actually a really clever idea, but my car is pretty enough, I don't think she needs makeup... :p

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
You might be a smart owner if you bought a Koyo radiator since you read a swap thread by some guy named Andy where it stated the Koyo works with any GTE and 2JZ-GE Fan Blade Setup. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
IBoughtASupra;1802543 said:
You might be a smart owner if you bought a Koyo radiator since you read a swap thread by some guy named Andy where it stated the Koyo works with any GTE and 2JZ-GE Fan Blade Setup. ;)
Bought my rad 4 years ago, and my engine setup 3 years ago, WHERE WAS THIS ANDY CHARACTER? :rofl:

No worries man, I had the PWR when I was still 7m. Fit just fine then...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Here I am.

620eb1f4-267a-fbf1.jpg

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
IBoughtASupra;1802174 said:
You are a Supra wonder when you realize the fan clutch is better than any electric fan.

That's a good one. Some 1J/2J guys are the only ones who get this, even other "Toyota people" ask all the time why you still have the clutch fan and how it robs sooo much horsepower blah blah. They just don't know the cool running truth!

If I could fit the clutch fan in mine, I would run one. Like te72 I also have an e-fan (taken from a Ford Taurus in a junkyard) that flows more than anyone should ever need. It'll make your feet warm standing next to the drivers door. It also is probably killing my alternator.