XTD Clutch scam!

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
honestabe;1647290 said:
Hate to break it to you but if you want a clutch kit that's stronger than stock you're going to have to spend about $500

ya i know. i just didnt have the money at the time considering i paid two different shops combined over 1300 :( BLAH... if i woulda known that i would have put in a twin or triple disc clutch and beefed that sucker up.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
suprarich;1621710 said:
XTD just purchased a 7mgte RPS clutch kit from me. I shipped it to them and as soon as it arrived he places a papal dispute saying the item is "not as described". He then states in the paypal claim that the item was damaged and that he wanted several hundred dollars refunded to him. No phone call, no email, no nothing. just an instant paypal claim. He could of just called or emailed to say the item was damaged in transit, which would have been covered by fedex and would have instantly replaced by me. Then on top of it, he then leaves me negative feedback on ebay right away without ever even asking if I could fix this for him.

Now he still wants money, ignored request for a picture of the damage, and refuses to return the damaged item or even to allow me to make a call tag for the "damaged" Clutch to be returned to me.

I think he is trying to make his own discount on my clutch.

This just shows what kind of person runs XTD

looks like what goes around comes around

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616266

Wamphyri

May 22, 2011
Windsor
I'm glad i stumbled on this post! Just saved me from buying one and waisting my time and money (time being the more valued one in this situation)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You get what you pay for.

oem clutch kit from elmhurst or champion toyota is like 220$ with a reman pressure plate.

illmatic357

in me soarer rip my mk3
Aug 2, 2005
Milwaukee
OMG thanks guys i been looking to buy a clutch and DP for thelast week when i stompled on this think ill go with a OEM exedy replacement

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
I really wish I would have read this thread a month a ago cause I personally bought a XTD clutch kit. I didn't buy it from the guy in the email (jimmy) but it was XTD, the clutch didnt last me a month after replacing it. You get what you pay for lesson learned

Sent from my Galaxy S phone

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
hvyman;1738172 said:
Ebay is usually the last place you should look for parts ;)

Actually it's worst.... I got it new from criagslist cause I need my car up and running before the weekend so I could work.

Sent from my Galaxy S phone

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
O my goodness i've just read the whole big drama of the situation.

Kudos to SupraCentral. I tip my hat to you.

I hope your situation is all handled now Suprarich. The french guy pfft I don't even.....

sorry to revive an old thread >.<

Last edited:

D_turbo

Aug 22, 2011
Ireland
Baught 4 clutchs off AIMCOCLUTCH recently

3 have been fitted, 2 stage 2s and one stage 3,

All have less then 6000kms, All FUCKED

My own, pressure plate failed when it got any bit of a driving ,

Now my release bearing is on its way out.

He has Decided not to reply to my emails Either,

Saw this thread a bit to late?

Altho My Friend had 2 xtds in hes 2 cars, from same buyer and Both to this day , 35000kms of Hardship later, Still going Strong

All in Nissan Pulsar Vzrs, Sickend :(

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Yup mine in my w58 stage 3 lasted 2 years of raceing and stop n go. Now I'm on the unsprung disk. My car is turbo and dynoed 400 ftlbs of tq at the wheels. So idk I just got good luck. Only on my 2nd w58 also (knock on wood) by racing I road race mostly but I can cut a 2.0 60ft ez.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Finally had to pull the stage 3 xtd for my n/a. Installed in October of 07, 500 mile break in. Throw out bearing locked up, so figured I'd pull the clutch to. Here's some pics of the damage to the flywheel and pressure plate, as well as the worst puck. Putting in a stage 2 kevlar full disk this time instead of the miba 6 puck. Mostly daily driving(I do drive hard), with some drag racing.
Mods are obx header,2.5" exhaust, intake, and MaftPro speed density.

IMAG0042.jpgIMAG0043.jpgIMAG0045.jpg

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
cuel;1769606 said:
Finally had to pull the stage 3 xtd for my n/a. Installed in October of 07, 500 mile break in. Throw out bearing locked up, so figured I'd pull the clutch to. Here's some pics of the damage to the flywheel and pressure plate, as well as the worst puck. Putting in a stage 2 kevlar full disk this time instead of the miba 6 puck. Mostly daily driving(I do drive hard), with some drag racing.
Mods are obx header,2.5" exhaust, intake, and MaftPro speed density.

View attachment 53127View attachment 53128View attachment 53129
That's pretty bad CJ and you're still NA right? I have a Centerforce with about 12K on it and it's still holding OK. I know Centerforce has a bad rep probably with turbo guys though.

Do you think the full disk is a better choice for all around use?

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The kevlar disks require serious restraint during the break in period... I think that's why CF has such a bad rep with some people, as all the CF dual friction clutches have kevlar disks.

I may have another clutch company to add to this list if he doesn't give me a refund. Another ebay company. I took the chance on it because I figured if it worked, fine, if not, I'd get my money back or sell it to someone looking for a stock replacement (because apparently that's what it is!).