WWYD (What Would You Do)

AIRICK

Apr 23, 2010
CINCINNATI
Well, after about a year of trying to figure out what to do and where to go, I've got my project back where I need it. I had everything done the way it was supposed to be and added a 2mm Cometic head gasket. Now I'm back on track.
I'm working on the bottom end right now. I shimmed my new oil pump and I was retrofitting in the block and came upon a question. I tried to find something about this in all the forums, but I don't even know what you'd call it. I need to figure out what goes in the block where the tip of the oil pump gear sits. There is no thread on here to put a plug so I'm thinking it has to be something that is pressed in. I have a "reference" motor I'm using to copy odd things like this off of or to steal parts off of, but it doesn't have it. Sadly this project is a combination of about 3 motors, so I hope I haven't screwed up by mixing the wrong ingredients.

Check out the pictures and let me know what I'm missing here. Thanks guys in advance!

Also, if anyone has any new oil squirter bolts for a decent price, let me know, I might be interested.

Attachments

• IMAG0392.jpg
    IMAG0392.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG0394.jpg
    IMAG0394.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 23

AIRICK

Apr 23, 2010
CINCINNATI
supraguy@aol;1925119 said:
Brass oil pump bushing, I believe. Never seen one missing, though. Try the dealership. They should be able to get it.
I believe it's part# 11437...
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291210/catalog.aspx?F=1105&P=2
As for oil squirter bolts, www.Driftmotion.com

Thanks, that HAS to be what it is. The only thing weird to me is that it doesn't show up on the other blocks I have....the fact that they're caked in grease and road grime must throwing me off.

As for oil squirter bolts, Driftmotion was my next stop. I was just waiting for a call back from em on something else.

Thanks for the help.

AIRICK

Apr 23, 2010
CINCINNATI
Yep, it was a brass plug. I found it with a bunch of other parts. It's weird how something like that never gets brought up.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• IMAG0395.jpg
    IMAG0395.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9