Wow this section is dead. Any other shooters here?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Tapco 20 round SKS magazines are quite popular, despite not working in an SKS. I read many bad reviews and watched a few videos and saw not good things. I also decided it was nothing a dremel tool could not fix. That was mostly right. I have an original stock 1951 Soviet model. The stock magazine well is smaller than the Tapco magazine. And the front at the base of the what people call the duck bill needs to have material removed.

And the follower is incorrect in that feeding and ejecting are difficult. Despite videos on youtube of somebody getting it to work. I too got it to fit and work. I think a steel one would work better if built correctly.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Just FYI....Walmart has Perfecta Brass .308 and 9mm for $6.94 a box, not all areas have it though, .233 is $8 a box of 50.

Bought 20 boxes of .308...$153 out the door for 400 rounds of brass? Yes please...then picked up 10 boxes of 9mm for $70 out the door...500 rounds of brass 9mm....give me another.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprayo;2041657 said:
Trying to find the right 1911. Not so easy

Do you use the website armslist.com? You can select your state and private seller. There are quite a few GI models which are no longer produced by Springfield. They sometimes show up when you use the term mil-spec. And when they say GI, they mean it including sights. But that is not the purpose of the 1911. Cheaperthandirt utilizes several warehouse sellers increasing your chance of finding one.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprayo;2036651 said:
Possibly but as Antigun as the current government is they will do anything to come up with another bs law to regulate it

Strange as it may seem, nobody has challenged the illegal statutory laws including the ones violating the second amendment. Until now. I am still surprised at the Heller decision. I am surprised because they got it right. And now the other grossly illegal ones like the NFA and the amendment in 1986 has been challenged. The $200 stamp is unconstitutional by the letter and case law, as voting taxes were struck down a long time ago. The voting taxes were brought out to stop people from voting which is a right.

Same thing with the $200 stamp. The correct ruling should be a refund paid out by all who supported the illegal law, but I won't hold my breath. But it should get struck down. It is only in the last couple of months that these motions have been filed. I would not be surprised if it takes a long time just like with Heller.

Here is a summary in pdf of the actions being taken now.

The other big one is 1986 and my beloved Reagan's greatest failure. When it is reversed, watch those absurd prices fall and laugh at those that paid $20k for a sear.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nick M;2044373 said:
Strange as it may seem, nobody has challenged the illegal statutory laws including the ones violating the second amendment. Until now. I am still surprised at the Heller decision. I am surprised because they got it right. And now the other grossly illegal ones like the NFA and the amendment in 1986 has been challenged. The $200 stamp is unconstitutional by the letter and case law, as voting taxes were struck down a long time ago. The voting taxes were brought out to stop people from voting which is a right.

Same thing with the $200 stamp. The correct ruling should be a refund paid out by all who supported the illegal law, but I won't hold my breath. But it should get struck down. It is only in the last couple of months that these motions have been filed. I would not be surprised if it takes a long time just like with Heller.

Here is a summary in pdf of the actions being taken now.

The other big one is 1986 and my beloved Reagan's greatest failure. When it is reversed, watch those absurd prices fall and laugh at those that paid $20k for a sear.

The removal of the $200 stamp would be the final push I need to motivate myself to pony up the cash for a few suppressors/silencers. With the stamp I still think it's a worthwhile investment. Without the stamp it's a no-brainer for me.

I had no idea it was even on the table to discuss the removal of that. I'll have to watch how that progresses.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Think of it as a voting tax passed keeping the lower income people from the polls. The whole NFA is grossly illegal. Then again, so is Romneycare/Obamacare.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprarx7nut;2045472 said:
Don't forget the PATRIOT Act. That's quite a slap in the face.
Much of it, yes. They have no authority to do the checkpoints they do, and not just in the airports. No unreasonable search or seizure. Speaking of which, DUI sobriety checkpoints are also highly illegal. Not that I would suggest getting tanked down at your favorite watering hole and driving home.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
suprayo;2045663 said:
Surpressors are extremely over priced. You can make one for much cheaper although you still need your tax stamp

Some are, yes. I think that's mostly because of the tax stamp though. The tax stamp does two things:

1. Makes it more expensive overall. Since there's already a $200 entrance fee into the silencer game (of which the manufacturers have zero control) the costs of the purchase are already inflated.
2. Takes considerable time and effort. You have to really WANT a suppressor to get one right now. If you're going to spend hours on paperwork and legal stuff you obviously have a very serious interest and a few hundred $$ extra won't deter you.

If the tax stamp goes away that entire market will evolve. You'd have the ability to buy them for a lot less because manufacturers could cater their offerings to a new crowd - the average gun owner. And the average person (gun owner or not) is a cheap motherfu....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The illegal hand gun law was overturned, it just took decades to do it. The other infringements might fall faster if we are lucky. Don't hold your breath.

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
Hey suprayo, I'm going to be trying out some new ammo up Rashford Spur Saturday morning. If you're not too busy, it'd be cool to see you there.

Edit: I've been in the desert all week. Forgot how much it rains here.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
suprayo;2045663 said:
Surpressors are extremely over priced. You can make one for much cheaper although you still need your tax stamp

They are. The only ones I would consider are in the $1400 range without the stamp. That is Wilson Combat and Sure Fire quick attach.