Wow! just broke my motor mounts... not one, but both! [knock sensor question!!!]

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
so i was pulling my engine and we had it at a "not-good" angle so we took the floor jack and pushed up on the ass end of the tranny to level it out abit and she took care of her own motor mounts.. broke them completely in half. now im motor mountless. thank god i have a DD that im borrowing.

so has anyone else ever just plain out broken both motor mounts in the same time? talk about DISASTER! its a shame i dont have time to order solid ones. i need these stock ones ASAP. i have a WTB thread up in search of them and im willing to pay overnight charges for shipping if anyone of u guys would be willing to help out asap please!

-Tyler

ill have pics later!

on a side note: are the knock sensors that are on the usdm 2jz the same as the 7m-gte's? i know of a friend with 3 of them on his 2jz block that he might lend me one. if they are not, im going to have to order one of those tomorrow. any idea on the cost of those?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Ya, I busted both mine - didn't notice until I lifted up the motor with a cherry picker, then the bottom of both mounts fell off.

That's why I went to solids. They aren't hard to make, any machine shop could turn you out a pair in an hour. The dimensions are in a post by me in the reference section - as long as you have an 89+ model, which it looks like you do.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
They were probably already broken.. Just like mine. That's why I have 98 MK4 mounts now. Although I do miss the lack of vibration from the stock ones.

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Wow, I am sorry to hear that you broke both of them. I was lucky enough to only break one, and I had extra ones then it happened. They aren't too hard to get a hold of though. check at your local autozone or csk. When it comes to the knock sensors...I am sorry to say they are extremely over priced. However you can go to a junk yard and pull one from a camry or a celica. I recommend that you cut the knock sensor wire and add about 3 more inches of wire to it. That way they won't break again.

Whasian