Working Out...Particularly the Mid section.

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
So Im just gonna jump to the point,
I am a pretty fit person. Played sports forever, do physical work a couple times a week, and am pretty happy with my overall shape of my arms, legs, and back.
What I am not happy with is my mid section. There is the slightest layer of flab over it and it pisses me off. You can see the slightest outline of where my abs use to be.

I want to know what exercises you fit people did to drop the stomach flab and what you do to keep it off.
What is the most effective workout for the mid section.

I know the hole watch what you eat thing will come up, but its not needed to be said cause it is already being done as I know that is a huge step to it.

Just focus on the exercises.

Discuss.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
p1287739_1.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
ERA;1287730 said:

85celicasupra;1287733 said:
that requires other people/trainer.

You don't have to punch other people or a trainer. Get a punching bag! :biglaugh:

Soda/Pop/Softdrink is the mid-section killer for me. Like you, everything else is ok.

I hit my heavy bag and play lots of basketball to keep things in check. If I stop playing b-ball for even three weeks, I feel my pants getting snug.

Good luck!

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
CajunKenny;1287742 said:
Soda/Pop/Softdrink is the mid-section killer for me. Like you, everything else is ok.

play lots of basketball to keep things in check. If I stop playing b-ball for even three weeks, I feel my pants getting snug.

sounds bout exactly like me...cept during the winter (now that I dont have my indoor court membership) I dont have anywhere to play.
and we just got a couple inches of snow today so I doubt ill be playing outside soon.

edit**

after cajunkenny's last post I guess its a good thing IJ's pic isnt loading for me huh

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
85celicasupra;1287736 said:
see, you have to know what your doing for it to be effective, any idiot can hop around and punch a punching bag and not be doing anything.

You're absolutely right. I definitely do not have any knowledge as to what I'm doing, but you did ask what has personally worked for ourselves. And doing what I've posted earlier, for me, along with the given eating right and shiz, has gained me a flatter stomach.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Yeah, I play outside everyday on my lunch break. Weather permitting and all. In the winter time, I resort to as many indoor exercises as possible. Pushups, pullups, heavybag, etc...

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
ERA;1287749 said:
You're absolutely right. I definitely do not have any knowledge as to what I'm doing, but you did ask what has personally worked for ourselves. And doing what I've posted earlier, for me, along with the given eating right and shiz, has gained me a flatter stomach.

true I guess.
It might just be because I tried to get into the whole boxing thing a while back, and never really got into it...only enjoyed it when I was actually sparing people...

But hey, if it works for you, more power to ya, really wish it had worked for me.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Nope. Almost went two years in a row; but, someone on my team always got sick or injured.

Three of my friends took 1st in the 6'+ class and three different friends took 2nd in the same class and three other friends took 1st in some other class. Kenny hasn't taken anything because his teammates are wussies!!!!!! :biglaugh: ;)

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Yeah I have done it for about 6 or 7 years now.

Always placed top three in my bracket, this last year my team won our bracket, and this year I dont get to do it cause I will be in california...damn it

but yeah I am always in better shape when I can be outside playing bball

87tomanymods

87tomanymods
Oct 25, 2008
lansdale
www.myspace.com
the truth is no abb work out will give you what you want good abs are made in the kitchen and the treadmill . even my grandma has a crazy sixpack under all that belly fat. the trick is loosing it, but keep in mind every pound of muscle you have is burning 500 callories a wk . so if ya put muscle its going to slim you automaticly. a good trick is if you eat 9 servings of fruits and vegatables and not to many carbs it wolnt leave room for much junkits full proof . i just lost 7lbs in 3 days this wk by eating nothing but fruit and veg. its a flush diet, they often put people in the hospital on that diet to loose weight quickly for surgery

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
Yeah.
Im the same way...I can actually feel the hard abs, you just cant see them cause of the thing flab layer...lol

I have found a blender is an amazing thing, cause you can make so many different things, that the same fruits and veggies dont get old.

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
running helps a lot too. i also 2nd or 3rd the boxing, get a punching bag and go at it for 3 rounds of 5 mins you'll feel it burn just about everywhere. sometimes you might not even be able to go 3 times lol. i too will be working on my mid section for the next month and half before i goto hawaii... gotta lay off the soda and pizza

85celicasupra

spokane supra owner
Mar 9, 2008
spokane,wa
forums.celicasupra.com
zachm611;1288105 said:
gotta lay off the soda and pizza

this is the killer for me and Im sure alot of other people.

I almost always have a open Mtn Dew or Pepsi by me and that is probably the worst part of my diet.

I have pretty much cut that out now and moved on to water or real juice (no sugar loaded fake crap)

I started a body core cardio thing now and let me tell you, it definitely works.
This morning I woke up and my abs felt like I had given them a good workout.(probably because I did, but man did I feel it)

But all this stuff is fine and great, but only if I can keep it up. Its when I start slacking when I fall behind.