Wont go into gear while running.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Just happened like an hour ago. Leaving a store, rev it up and drop it coming out of the parking lot and slide across the street into the first lane fine. Go to shift into 2nd and notice its really weird likes it hard and it grabs before I let out the clutch. Shifted into 3rd and it just got worse. And now its at the point where it doesnt go into any gear at all while the car is running. Although when its off it works fine, tranny feels alittle bit weird though.

I bled the system; after there was barely any pressure at the bottom of the pedal and the adjustment was completely at the bottom of the range and the nut to lock it down was loose. So I adjusted it out a bunch and now the clutch feels better than it did before.

I took the inspection plate off and made sure I didnt snap the ring off my hub assembly(done that once before). Its all fine. Had a friend push the pedal down and the slave works. Although im not sure how much throw its supposed to have. Mine sure has quite a minimal amount, probably inbetween 1/4" and 3/8" at the tip of the clutch fork.

I do have an ACT Extreme Duty 6-puck I bought from A2Motorsports(Ckanderson).

Thanks,
Reid

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
I'm not sure I understand....after you adjusted the clutch does it work now?

I had a somewhat similar issue on my na....on the stock toyota disk it has rubber bushings instead of springs....one of these bushings blew appart and got wedged between the pp and the clutch disk causeing massive grinding while trying to get in gear....sometimes I'd have to start it in gear cause I couldn't do it while the engine was running...

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Nope still doesnt work after I adjusted the clutch. Although the pedal does feel alot better than it did earlier today. It has always felt the same ever since i swapped my 2j in.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
slave or master took a shit...

might also check the part that holds the clutch fork in, had the bolts back out on it before (dumbass shop)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Assuming that the clutch is properly adjusted, I agree with Poodles.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
The clutch moves, just not a whole lot. I took the inspection cover off and found that out.

I had this same problem happen on my buddies jdm sir eg6 Honda and we replaced both slave and master and it still was fucked up. Although it would every once and a while for a brief period of time. Had to put a new clutch in it to fix the problem.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
is your slave leaking? dropping trans in no big but why if not needed. try bleeding it for laughs and see what it does.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Mk3runner;1258773 said:
is your slave leaking? dropping trans in no big but why if not needed. try bleeding it for laughs and see what it does.

I dont think it is but its always possible.

The slave does still push the fork 1/4" to 3/8".

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Say your clutch disk "welded" to your flywheel. That would cause it to not let you into gears correct? Cause the tranny is spinning at the same speed as the motor. Which would also make the shifter feel weird while the cars off obviously...

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
thats how it goes. but unless your hot rodding it. I dont see how you could have welded it. its takes some abuse before that. check to see if your clutch moves when you hit the pedal.

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
I'm telling you right now its the pilot bearing. We had a chevy s-10 come into our shop a week ago, wouldn't shift with engine running but shifted fine with it off.
When the pilot bearing locks up it freezes the crankshaft and the input shaft for the tranny together.
When you put in your stage 6 (or whatever clutch) did you replace al the bearings too? (throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and input shaft bearing?)