Wiring for Air Conditioner operation.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It's now summer and I'm in the process of wiring up my A/C and I have a question. With the 7M the A/C amplifier had the responsibility to activate the A/C relay. On the 2JZ the ECU has that responsibility. I've been thinking, for this swap, migrating the wire over to the ECU. So my question is this.

Is the reason the 2JZ's ECU handles operation of the A/C relay so that when you go full throttle it can deactivate the A/C clutch and get full power? I ask this because a previous car I had did this, and think it would be a nice feature to have. So if somebody who is familiar with the system could shed some light on this, I can decide wither or not to transplant the wire.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Yes it will, but I'm unsure if the MKIII A/C AMP and the 2jz ecu will talk the same language as to telling when to turn the clutch on and off. My old 2jz car I left the MKIII A/C amp to handle it all, worked fine.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping it did. According to the TSRM (87 & 95)the signals are the same so I'll give it a try. If it doesn't work I'll just switch it back to the MKIII A/C amp. It should be an interesting experiment.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
the 7m AC is a self contained system.

You could literally pull all of it, and add it to ANY other car. The trick is to isolate the wires from the harness which is not an easy feat.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Yep, already done. I want to integrate the 2JZ ECU into the system so that when go to full throttle it will deactivate the A/C clutch momentarily.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
This car is nothing more than a hobby for me, and I find enjoyment from being elbow deep in the cars wiring schematics. It's a simple thing for me to do, so if the functionality is there I'd like to do it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
figgie;1564696 said:
the 7m AC is a self contained system.

You could literally pull all of it, and add it to ANY other car. The trick is to isolate the wires from the harness which is not an easy feat.

I did all that looked at the HUGE pile of wires and decided to fit the self contained Vintage Air unit instead ;)